Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 09:38 AM

50 kits will be in the U.S. within 1 week
Old 10-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

I was finally able to see this car in person at the iHobbyexpo last weekend and I was completely impressed. This car is a work of art!!! Corally did an amazing job on this kit- good job, guys!

If you are considering a new sedan I would definitly look close at the RDX. I was more impressed with this kit than I was with any other sedan at the show (TC4, JRXS, XRAY, etc...)

- Ben
Old 10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

from what i heard from the guys at superior hobbies they r waiting for a final diff piece to be finished, the rest of the car is ready and waiting for that piece
Old 10-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I talked to Rob and indeed the kits are waiting for the light-weight diffs to arrive. Can hardly wait to put one on the track...

Greg
Old 10-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Hey Ben, did you happen to snap any pics while you were there? Did you run into Olivarez?

Greg
Old 10-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Greg, no I didn't take any photos. What was I thinking!?! I should have snapped a few... They do have some good ones on their site though.

Man, this car is really nice. I'm seriously thinking about picking one up this winter.

I didn't see Dan. We didn't get there until about 1p.m. on Saturday. I think he may have left by then.

Later,
Ben
Old 10-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

I know the set ups wil be a while to follow for the RDX, but will most of my set ups transfer over from my mid motor Assassin or is the geometry that much different? I'd ike to have a decent starting point.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by Greg Amendola
Hey Ben, did you happen to snap any pics while you were there? Did you run into Olivarez?

Greg
i took some of the rdx....one of those pics might be the prototype 3.5mm chassis...i can't remember

http://www.teamhurricane.net/iHobby_Chicago/

go to bottom 3 pics
Old 10-21-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i know this has probably been asked before but i dont want to have to sift thru this entire thread .... with the RDX come equiped with a one way and sway bars already as part of the kit or will those have to be purchased separately? also, are the front and rear arms swappable?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Great Pics!!! Now I really regret not making it to the show
Old 10-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Rob or Chris,

After looking at the car more closely I have a few questions/observations:

1) Is there any intenetion to provide graphite fornt rear c-hubs or knuckles? In my experience, the aluminum/duraluminum pieces are great, but they are capable of being damaged or tweaked. Graphite just breaks rather that tweaking.

2) What is the relevant level of difficulty/ir process of getting diffs out the car?

3) Any aftermarket/optional parts planned for this kit?

The more I see the car the more I'm impressed with it's build quality. The fact that you countersunk all the screws goes to show that you can build this kit without having to worry about tweak, which is a problem for deck cars... Love those torx screws too!

Greg
Old 10-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ROBORAT
i know this has probably been asked before but i dont want to have to sift thru this entire thread .... with the RDX come equiped with a one way and sway bars already as part of the kit or will those have to be purchased separately? also, are the front and rear arms swappable?
One way upfront and (LW) diff at the rear.
Corally is awaiting parts for the LW diff.

Planning is to include a set of hard swaybars (front and rear) into the kit.

All 4 arms are identical.

Last edited by PizzaDude; 10-21-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Greg Amendola
Rob or Chris,

After looking at the car more closely I have a few questions/observations:

1) Is there any intenetion to provide graphite fornt rear c-hubs or knuckles? In my experience, the aluminum/duraluminum pieces are great, but they are capable of being damaged or tweaked. Graphite just breaks rather that tweaking.

2) What is the relevant level of difficulty/ir process of getting diffs out the car?

3) Any aftermarket/optional parts planned for this kit?

The more I see the car the more I'm impressed with it's build quality. The fact that you countersunk all the screws goes to show that you can build this kit without having to worry about tweak, which is a problem for deck cars... Love those torx screws too!

Greg
Greg,

I know I'm not Rob nor Chris, but.......

1 Due to its design there will be way too much stress on the C hubs when manufactured from Graphite.
When testing for the Assassin the team decided Coral was the only proper way to go.
Under regular racing condition (with an occasional bang) the current C-hubs should be fine.

2 You have to remove one side of the bulkhead by removing a few screws (I'ld suggest the righthand side). slide belt of the Pulley and the diff slides out quite easy.

3 Not at this time.
First getting the production and shipping started properly.
Then maybe who knows....

Last edited by PizzaDude; 10-21-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

THANK you Rob for being the first European/Asian high end car kit to remember we race on foam tires in the USA too!! Even have a part number for the Carpet kit :00167

I cant remeber how many one-ways I have sold the last few years and how long i waited for a front diff to be released....
Old 10-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Thanks Rob

Hey, I was wondering them since I am racing carpet, how quickly I'll be able to get my hands on another couple of diffs since a one-way is sub-optimal for foam/carpet setups?

If there is a kit for carpet, as Ray indicated, what's the difference? Diff instead of a one-way?

Questions, questions, and more questions....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.