Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Actually NO, i dont remember what it was like becuz i picked up my Losi 810 during the winter months(got a great deal on it since he hadnt moved it since Nitro doesnt sell real well so my LHS guy hooked me up) so it never got drove with the grease in the diffs, it has always had the oils since day 1 and did the rebuild and some upgrades during that winter before ever even running it the following spring and yes, i dont get to get out and run mine like i would love to as im sure like most i do have a wife and kid(alaskan malamute) that require attention and to run in front of my house since its never fun to run alone even on a track
I don`t think any of us ever get to run our trucks as much as we would like to...The point I`m trying to make is,this is a hobby,it`s meant to take up your free time and tinker with it.What good does it do for anyone to point you in the right direction if you don`t have time to do your own setup and experiment?The looks I get at the local track when I tell people what I run in all 3 diffs is priceless!Yes,it`s that good!I don`t run much electric stuff,more of a nitro guy.And my favorite class used to be 1/8th truggy,until "I" found a setup that "I" liked and "I" was happy with.

I have read alot of these pages without commenting,and just couldnt take anymore talk of the "Diffs" and the "leaks".Thats why I spoke up about the grease,then even had a few guys behind me to comment and agree on the grease diffs.I`m starting to think I should have just been quiet,seems like I gave away a pretty good little secret.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Bunch O whinners!!!! Race the darn truck, fix the darn truck n race some more, truck is awesome !! sToP complaining, personally i like buying hop ups here there to make things interesting.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Bunch O whinners!!!! Race the darn truck, fix the darn truck n race some more, truck is awesome !! sToP complaining, personally i like buying hop ups here there to make things interesting.
+100,000 and POWERBALL....

I have more fun sitting on the sidelines tweaking and yes repairing my cars talking with the fellas!!!! oh and racing the damn thang!!!!! Even the best drivers using other vehicles fix and change and upgrade and bitch and whine and the smile as they race... thats what its about!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Bunch O whinners!!!!
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

We're all a bunch of winners !!
Edit: My wife just dropped by to tell me I'm not. Apologies for the consusion, YOU are winners, I am not. I am going to bed, apparently, since it's 1:48AM here. Not necessarily winning, but at least being happy. With balloons or something.

Last edited by Pygmy; 11-28-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i guess if its whining so be it...When i do get time to run it, i would like to run it, not be tearing it down, then the next time, im rebuilding, then find out i didnt do it right and then redoing it becuz i dont get that much time and if i can research and read up im good. Just dont want to find out i didnt add the oil right to the grease if im understanding it right that your still adding the diff oil to the grease, correct?

I kno im making it out to be a big deal...blah blah blah, lol!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MattP
It will not make it twitchy. Your setup and servo speed can do that. You never want your servo saver set so loose that it gives when your only turning on track. If you set it tight and it feels twitchy just slow down your servo speed some on your radio or add steering expo which will slow down the initial turn in.

Hum i guess its just in my head than . Its not the steering saver just my setup than yea if its to much il dial it down on my radio.

Chucko: Ok thanks whats with the drops of diff oil though in the grease ? Pics of the packing the diff up would be cool if possible.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Chucko: Ok thanks whats with the drops of diff oil though in the grease ? Pics of the packing the diff up would be cool if possible.
Oh man, dont ask that...they will freak out, lol! I asked for a HOW-TO vid and apparently its a big deal to know alittle more on how its done since some dont punctuate so you dont kno exactly how its done but get ridiculed for asking
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I noticed somebody posted about the shock bodies wearing out after 2-3 months of running. Is this an issue that i should be paying attention to, as i have ran the stock blue bodies all season. It seems there is quite a bit of friction/stiction on the shocks with no oil in them, also it appears that the coating on the inside of the shock body itself has worn away a bit. When i went from feeling my stock shocks, to my friend's scte with 8ight shocks i was amazed at how smooth the 8ight shocks were, and how sticky mine were.

Oh, and add 8th scale shocks to the scte 2.0 list!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

It doesnt hurt to change the o rings at least once a yr lol maybe the shafts. The HA bodies with spring kit are nite n day compared to stock, still havent bought the ti ni shafts though
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Hum i guess its just in my head than . Its not the steering saver just my setup than yea if its to much il dial it down on my radio.

I would do a video if I were a real time champion. with a name behind the wins. but its not rocket science or hard. you pack the case with grease put the gears in. put a few drops of oil in..oh wait. Y you ask. grease has a habit of what you would call flinging off. I use pro long because of its sticking power and coating the gears with a coating of something I don't know the name and am too lazy to go out to the garage and read the tube of grease. its not Teflon. its some kind of coating and it works. the oil just helps to keep it flowing. I don't over pack it. after two months of racing twice a week two hrs a night I open em up and look wash them put them back together and go race again. I haven't replaced a washer. because of the pro long. you know that tv add they add oil start the motor drain add water the things still running after two weeks.. it has a coating I don't care what its called,.lol it works for me. and your all right... I give you my idea. I have been beating your a** at the track.. you walk up and say what motor.?? I say tekin ..YOU SAY WHAT SPRINGS...lol I say black and blue. red orange turned up side down what oils in the shocks 15 w lol no 50 w. racers that win give you a general idea. its up to U to figure it out.. due to your driving style.. you want a video. I will do one.. PM me.. then I will go tear down my truck have the wife hold the camera and in 10 min you have my secret. or just go out put a finger full of grease in the thing.. race it.. AND NO LEAKS see if it works it only costs grease not 500.. for a roller.. isn't this fun..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It doesnt hurt to change the o rings at least once a yr lol maybe the shafts. The HA bodies with spring kit are nite n day compared to stock, still havent bought the ti ni shafts though
Even with brand new o-rings, it still feels the same.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now I see why this thread has 2775 pages and nearly 42,000 post!!!

Alot of repeating and "instructional videos" put up
Old 11-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Anybody know off hand how much weight savings from using the Lundsford Turnbuckles?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Even with brand new o-rings, it still feels the same.
Try the 22 low friction O ring mod ?:@)
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sholler
Now I see why this thread has 2775 pages and nearly 42,000 post!!!

Alot of repeating and "instructional videos" put up
don't forget to mention which chassis you like best!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.