Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Billy and myself have been running the AE diff screw in the car since the start. Only way to go.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Billy and myself have been running the AE diff screw in the car since the start. Only way to go.
No problem with the EDIT diff screw neither...
Old 10-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i dont remember the # but i had a package of HD diff screws that i think were for the Pro4.. fit perfect, and have been running a KD with 19T foam for 3 weeks so far, no problems... probably 6 months running rubber tires without a glitch.

i think i did break one of the original screws last summer on rubber tires, but after putting those HD's, no problems yet.

i would love to try a set of the Edit screws, if we could find a good way to get some here in the states.

Wes
Old 10-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've tried the assoc. diff screw and it definitly is better but I managed to break 2 of them over time. I didn't hit anything they just snapped with use.
They always break at the end of the thread leaving just enough thread sticking out of the nut so that I could remove it. I'm now trying a Kyosho screw, nut, thrust balls and washers. So far so good. It's 2.5 mm and should do the job.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

ive snapped the heads on two ae screws, but thats what I get for jumping roadrails.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by benoitrdv
No problem with the EDIT diff screw neither...
I'd love to get my hands on the EDIT parts but there doesn't seem to be a way of getting them without buying them in England. Kinda sux really.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.apexmodels.com/product-se...&title=tune_up

el
Old 10-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Hi El,

Unfortunately Apex Models, like all stores that I know of that have EDIT stuff on their site, don't send goods outside of the E.C. It is really frustrating. I would have thought that EDIT would have wanted their goods to be available to the world, not just 1 continent.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:37 AM
Tech Initiate

You could always ask someone to buy the Edit parts over here and ship them to you. Or contact Edit direct
Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Yeh - you have a point there. I have tried contacting EDIT directly to no avail so I have kind of given up on that. I am contacting a store which has EDIT stuff, but not the Cyclone stuff specifically on their website so I hope to hear from them soon. We'll see what happens but if not, I'm open to offers if anyone would like to buy some EDIT stuff for me and ship it over.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Initiate

I have no problem doing it for you. But it will prob make the parts stupidly expensive. Shipping to Oz isn't exactly cheap from here.

Have you tried contacting the shops directly? I deal with Apex Models and Modelsport a lot and they are always very helpful.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
Yeh - you have a point there. I have tried contacting EDIT directly to no avail so I have kind of given up on that. I am contacting a store which has EDIT stuff, but not the Cyclone stuff specifically on their website so I hope to hear from them soon. We'll see what happens but if not, I'm open to offers if anyone would like to buy some EDIT stuff for me and ship it over.

I had been talkin to EDIT directly then all of a sudden the guys email address started kicking back the messages saying it did not exsist.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Tez
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

Ive just finished building my hara edition cyclone, a lot better than my rdx.

Can anyone explain about the centre one way/fixed and how they should be used?

Thanks!!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Hi after allot of searching i have a few questions.

I am planning ot upgrade my current t2 to either the 007 or the cyclone. I run mostly mod foam, but would like to have something a little different than the ever so common t2.

Parts support is good for me with both cars so that is not a worry.

My main question is with the rear diffs in the cyclone, a good friend of mine runs the car in mod foam as well, and he is having nothing but issues with his rear diff, the rest of the car is solid as a rock.

He has broken 2 diff screws, melted a set of the plastic outdrives and this past weekend he had nothing but issues with the metal outdrives.

Right now he has put on new outdrives, ceramic balls, new rings, upgraded to the ae diff screw, new thrust bearing. But it still would slip.

Does anyone have any advise on imporiving the diffs, Xray diffs are bulletproof, but is hot bodies going to realease a stronger diff with the worlds edition or as a aftermarket upgrade?

Also i can't find a link to any info on the worlds/andy moore edition, can any help me there as well?

thanks
Old 10-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6g72tt
Hi after allot of searching i have a few questions.

I am planning ot upgrade my current t2 to either the 007 or the cyclone. I run mostly mod foam, but would like to have something a little different than the ever so common t2.

Parts support is good for me with both cars so that is not a worry.

My main question is with the rear diffs in the cyclone, a good friend of mine runs the car in mod foam as well, and he is having nothing but issues with his rear diff, the rest of the car is solid as a rock.

He has broken 2 diff screws, melted a set of the plastic outdrives and this past weekend he had nothing but issues with the metal outdrives.

Right now he has put on new outdrives, ceramic balls, new rings, upgraded to the ae diff screw, new thrust bearing. But it still would slip.

Does anyone have any advise on imporiving the diffs, Xray diffs are bulletproof, but is hot bodies going to realease a stronger diff with the worlds edition or as a aftermarket upgrade?

Also i can't find a link to any info on the worlds/andy moore edition, can any help me there as well?

thanks

Just get the AE diff screw and nut and buy the alloy out drives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.