Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by theerm
do you guys use the balance wire when recharging lipo or life batteries ?
i have the liFe battery to put in but i would have to remove it to charge with the balance wire. and i'm to lazy to pull the battery every time.
can any one help?

thanks in advance
i have mine in a way that if i take the tank off i can balance it. not that i will be doing it
Old 02-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks heaps guys. it's my first experience with the new bateries.
much appreciated
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default Front Roll Centre

Hey guys,

Just wondering how many of you guys have tried raising the Front roll centre?I tried raising my roll centre by using the top inserts.After doing so,while i was playing with the front arms (without the shocks),the anti-roll bar seems get caught with the top of the bulkhead when the arms are fully raised.

I tried tightening the anti-roll bar linkage abit to solve this but it still get caught and it seems by doing so,it kinda affects my droop as well.So,I'm just wondering if any of you guys have encountered this problem if so please share your solutions.Many thanks.

P/S: I have even asked Michael Salven regarding this,awaiting his reply
Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

you can try shaving 2mm off the roll bar links
Old 02-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tq23
Hey guys,

Just wondering how many of you guys have tried raising the Front roll centre?I tried raising my roll centre by using the top inserts.After doing so,while i was playing with the front arms (without the shocks),the anti-roll bar seems get caught with the top of the bulkhead when the arms are fully raised.

I tried tightening the anti-roll bar linkage abit to solve this but it still get caught and it seems by doing so,it kinda affects my droop as well.So,I'm just wondering if any of you guys have encountered this problem if so please share your solutions.Many thanks.

i have been using the top insert , had to shave the sides off just next to where the inserts go . tightening the anti roll bar linkage will definitely affect few measurement as its a tweaking tool . good way to see would be set your car up to ride the max tire dia and ride height you would run , and then bottom out the car and see if it still is hitting some thing , then start shaving otherwise its not necessary. put a picture up .
cheers
Alex
Old 02-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I been working on my 733 for the last few days in preparation to running it this sunday, its basically a complete taredown of the car, I havent touched the car since the 09 nationals.

Im done cleaning everything and last night while putting it together it hit me how easy this car goes together, the whole design just makes it super easy to work on it.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

It would help to see a pic of where the bar hits.
I did remove 2mm of the threads of the ball in the lower arm but I did this to create a little more tweak adjustment.

As a reminder: The top arm insert in the highest position gives the lowest roll center setting. The roll center is highest when the lowest arm position is used.
Front works opposite to rear (where the inserts are concerned)
Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I been working on my 733 for the last few days in preparation to running it this sunday, its basically a complete taredown of the car, I havent touched the car since the 09 nationals.

Im done cleaning everything and last night while putting it together it hit me how easy this car goes together, the whole design just makes it super easy to work on it.
Ya Steve, I found the same thing too, the hard way. It was very easy to repair all the broken parts I had in between heats on a race day.

Rear belt changes and diff changes are easily done in a snap. However, don't ever ask me to open the receiver box.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccrcraceway
i have been using the top insert , had to shave the sides off just next to where the inserts go . tightening the anti roll bar linkage will definitely affect few measurement as its a tweaking tool . good way to see would be set your car up to ride the max tire dia and ride height you would run , and then bottom out the car and see if it still is hitting some thing , then start shaving otherwise its not necessary. put a picture up .
cheers
Alex
what i did is to bend alittle the bar towards the front for it to clear...
Old 02-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NitroWD
what i did is to bend alittle the bar towards the front for it to clear...
hummm i think they are made of spring steel , so they should go back to there normal position . if you bend both ends good , if you bend only one end not so good .
Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Julius
It would help to see a pic of where the bar hits.
I did remove 2mm of the threads of the ball in the lower arm but I did this to create a little more tweak adjustment.

As a reminder: The top arm insert in the highest position gives the lowest roll center setting. The roll center is highest when the lowest arm position is used.
Front works opposite to rear (where the inserts are concerned)
Is this true?in order to raise the front roll centre,the inserts must be down instead of up?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is this true?in order to raise the front roll centre,the inserts must be down instead of up?
that is true 110%
Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccrcraceway
hummm i think they are made of spring steel , so they should go back to there normal position . if you bend both ends good , if you bend only one end not so good .
well, i did make sure that both left and right are 'balanced'.
and no they didn't return to their original position.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i dont have this problem anymore, since i removed the front swaybar
Old 02-25-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i dont have this problem anymore, since i removed the front swaybar
hey paul, so you still prefer no bar with hard springs? running spool?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.