Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Company Representative

User-friendly guide for NovaLink Administrator Privileges:

...Windows XP
...Windows Vista & Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)

The link to our PDF can be located at the top of this page:

In order for the NovaLink Firmware Updater to run properly, please run NovaLink as an Administrator

Not having these "Administrator Privileges" has been one of the major issues with racers attempting to download NL updates.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just ordered meself up a Kinetic and a Ballistic 4.5 550 for my DESC410R.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
User-friendly guide for NovaLink Administrator Privileges:

...Windows XP
...Windows Vista & Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)

The link to our PDF can be located at the top of this page:

In order for the NovaLink Firmware Updater to run properly, please run NovaLink as an Administrator

Not having these "Administrator Privileges" has been one of the major issues with racers attempting to download NL updates.
Well the only thing I can't get to run is when I push the update icon on the Novalink it gives me some kind of prompt about not using something, but other than that I like the 142 and I also had to hit enter after my selections to get the timing curve to function on the advanced page.

I am the only user of my PC and the only profile on it so not being computer savvy does that mean I am the administrator?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Novak Kinetic Motor Rotation.

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
New Graphical User Interface (GUI)
The NovaLink GUI has been completely redesigned with a modern, streamlined look. Entering custom adjustments for your ESC has never been easier.

Current Limiter RPM Trip Point
The NovaLink’s Current Limiter has been outfitted with a trip point option, allowing drivers to program their speed controller’s Current Limit to turn off after reaching 5000 RPM or higher. This feature helps racers achieve both control and high speeds.

Custom Timing Ramp Up
In version 1.3, the timing ramp up setting was defaulted to factory setting—which is a sophisticated algorithm, providing timing in incremental steps between the Timing Start RPM and the Maximum Timing RPM. Now, experienced drivers can customize the steps under the Advanced Settings Tab to their exact specifications.

Custom Notes Storage
Users can now store notes related to their speed controller’s setup. This notes section stores the vehicle’s name, spur, pinion, motor, tire size and final drive ratio settings. These specs can be stored along with the speed control’s personalized parameters to be recalled later.

Auto Run Installation*
For first time NovaLink users, the NovaLink 1.4.2 is available, featuring an auto-run installation. Install the NovaLink software on your PC faster and easier with the help of Novak’s newly implemented feature.

Compatible with Smaller Laptops & Netbooks
NovaLink 1.4.2 software is now compatible with smaller computers with a lower resolution display, allowing NovaLink use to become more mobile.

Compatible with Window 7 64-bit
In addition to Windows® XP™ (32 bit), Windows Vista™ (32bit) and Windows 7™ (32-bit), the updated NovaLink 1.4.2 is now compatible with Windows 7™ (64-bit) operating system.

Bug Fixes
All reported software bugs as of February 10, 2011 have been fixed for smooth operation.

NovaLink Programing Interface

**From our recent Press Release
Novak Two is the Motor Rotation is Working Properly by Zero timing,
or any Timing ? (endbell)
Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

i have two kinetic escs and both have the same problem.when u power them up the lights want come on but the fans still spin and i still have steering.i have tryed different receivers and different batteries and the are still doing the same thing can anyone help me with this problem
Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the emails! All processing now!

There is a walk through posted on how to check or make sure you're the system admin. I think its just a few post before this one. Or it's on the Novak Site in the Download Section.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flashrevolution
Novak Two is the Motor Rotation is Working Properly by Zero timing,
or any Timing ? (endbell)
Motor rotation function only works when you are not using the electronic timing.
Adnan
Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jimkoimanis
i have two kinetic escs and both have the same problem.when u power them up the lights want come on but the fans still spin and i still have steering.i have tryed different receivers and different batteries and the are still doing the same thing can anyone help me with this problem
Do you have any power going to the motor?

When you apply throttle does the RED led go out?

Please provide us more information, better yet call our customer service or email them and we would be happy to help you out.
Adnan
Old 03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by escman
Do you have any power going to the motor?

When you apply throttle does the RED led go out?

Please provide us more information, better yet call our customer service or email them and we would be happy to help you out.
Adnan
All sorted out Charlie from Novak is sending me out two new brain boards out
Their r no lights at all when u turn the switch on just the fan spins and no power to the motor thank you novaktwo for the help Novak has great customer service
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by escman
Motor rotation function only works when you are not using the electronic timing.
Adnan
so i can switch motor rotation first, to clockwise and still have dynamic timing?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Flash: No, the timing does not work when you use the counter rotation feature. Sorry.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

would the kinetic be good for the new AE 4x4 SC with a novak 550 can 4.5T?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by JayL
would the kinetic be good for the new AE 4x4 SC with a novak 550 can 4.5T?
It would work great, especially if you want all the PC adjustability/upgradeability. If this PC option is not that important (but on-board timing adjustability is), we have this combo:

Havoc Pro SC/Ballistic 550 Short Course Systems
Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Kinetic question

Have a few questions maybe someone can help me out with.

On my Kinetic I don't have the nova link so I have to program it on the ESC.

My first question is, the ESC lets you set a start RPM but not an end rpm. How is the timing applied by default when programing on the esc? Is it just linear to the value in setting #4(timing amount)?

Also I was looking at the Novalink software and saw there is an ESC temp protection option that I don't see anywhere in the "on ESC" setup guide. Is this on by default or do I need the link to enable this protection?

Finally I am unclear on the boost setting. It looks like if I program on the esc and I want to run boost I have to use the highest profile (like; max timing) but if I get the nova link I can run say 30 timing and have the boost in there when I need it?

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Regular

Is there any benefit from the boost and timing functions for exclusive use with modified motors like 3.5 turn and 4.5 turn for 1/10 on road ?
It looks to me like these functions are helping the guys with the stock engines a lot but what about modified ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.