Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So other than the silverado body what other body fits well on this truck?

(tried the search but didnt come up with any viable threads)
Old 03-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)
Default For Sale

Going to list my Losi Ten SCTE on the FS thread.
Just thought I'd give u guys a crack at it first.

3 race old, has Chris Ateberry hardened pins, 2 Quals and a main on fresh diffs 7,5,3, shocks have 27.5 F & B, has Aluminum toe blocks F & B, Aluminum Rear hubs, Alminum F & R chassis brace, SNR Carbon F & R Towers, complete shock springs set, Black Silver Gold, nip shock pistons, front arms, front spindles, body posts, rear plastic hubs, rod ends, spur gear all NIP. I also have 3 sets of Losi rims and JC tires, 2 Subs, 1 set Double Dee's. Dee's never ran.

All for 375.00 shipped!

Last edited by ffpm46; 03-26-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

PM sent.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Im interested and live in miami!!Pm on the way!!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default novak dissappointment

well i ordered a 14 mm tuning rotor for my new havoc pro s/c 4.5 combo. installed it with the plastic sleve. ran for less than 5 mins locked up. pulled apart, copper windings came apart somehow took out the rotor as well.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmc23
well i ordered a 14 mm tuning rotor for my new havoc pro s/c 4.5 combo. installed it with the plastic sleve. ran for less than 5 mins locked up. pulled apart, copper windings came apart somehow took out the rotor as well.
here's the pics

Last edited by jmc23; 06-01-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc23
here's the pics
WOW ! Definitely looks defective to me ? Was it ever overheated badly ?

Novak will take care of you but that still sucks ash !
Old 03-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40

Mamba Monster 2650/18 th pinion
Gens Ace 3S 40c 5000 and Blue Lip 30c 5000
AKA Enduros Super Soft on DE Wheels
5/3/3 in the diffs
stock shock oil and springs

Pitch it in the corners, power slide, off power steering, just enough power transfer to the rear to bring it around on power with 3k in the center diff and rear. The track was super dry with dusty blue groove. With this setup it was a blast.

With heavy Mamba Monster setup and 3S bats all it really needs is a heavier shock oil/spring package.

Had a couple of lawn darts, a couple of pipe slams, and two perfectly executed wheels-up pancakes.

Only damage to report is a bent rear shock tower, a couple cracks in the rear of the body and a stress mark where the right side rear bumper mounts to the tower. Ordered the machined aluminum towers last week from Nitrohouse so good to go there. Haven't checked the diffs yet but have a set of Chrispins on the bench already.

This truck will be a keeper.

One other comment is that I would not recommend the Blue Lipo on this setup. It can't push out enough juice to keep up with MMM. Puffs and gets warm. The Gens Ace bats are the ticket. Great run time, no puffing or overheating, and take 5200+ mah on a recharge.
I run about the same set-up as you. I run a 2400kv tho. I agree, The rear shocktower bends too easy. I did however buy the machined version and have yet to bend it.
This truck kicks, I was lucky to get the Good batch with the right hardened pins. I changed my front shock oil to 27.5 and 30wt in the rear, I drive on a rather loose track and it absorbs the bumps pretty well.
Good to see a picture with some dirt on it. You actually drive it, rather live here on the forums.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I run about the same set-up as you. I run a 2400kv tho. I agree, The rear shocktower bends too easy. I did however buy the machined version and have yet to bend it.
This truck kicks, I was lucky to get the Good batch with the right hardened pins. I changed my front shock oil to 27.5 and 30wt in the rear, I drive on a rather loose track and it absorbs the bumps pretty well.
Good to see a picture with some dirt on it. You actually drive it, rather live here on the forums.
I plan on driving the absolute snot out of it. My shock towers and 2400 kv motor show up on Monday! My pins are worn after a couple of packs but I have a hardened set from Chris. This probably already posted, but what is the stock weight shock oil? I'm definitely soft in the front.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Moogumby

Most anything that fits an SC 10 or HPI Blitz will fit , I have tried the JC Manta , Raptor , AE 09 Champship body and stock Blitz body and all will work .
Old 03-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
WOW ! Definitely looks defective to me ? Was it ever overheated badly ?

Novak will take care of you but that still sucks ash !
did not over heat checked temps when i pulled it off, center was 129 end bell was 138 copper winding wire must have failed and got caught up in the rotor
Old 03-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Anyone running the entire castle sidewinder SCT 3800 system? I was considering running, just taking the motor fan that comes with it and dropping it on the ESC instead.. on a 2s setup one would think it would work just as well as a MMp would w/ the castle 3800 that it comes with.

Thoughts? Even with the fan it also reduces vehicle weight just a little.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racerx1920
i could not agree more, Ryan and Losi have been doing a great job and i cant thank Ryan enough for what he has done for me and others on these trucks.

A BIG THANKS TO RYAN AND LOSI!

oh I dissagree.... There is more to do like get Losi Back from Horizon and quit counting pennies so much. Build a quality vechicle and make parts available. The design is great, layout is great, balance is great.... Quality is lacking , plastic is sub par, there is still no final pins available because the factory has quality issues. With all of the focus on the pins, no other parts are being delivered. The Spring Fling is at the RC Asylum in 2 weeks . I really want to go and run this class, but I cant justify the expense when I have only 1 spare part ( front arms).

I understand and appreciate that Ryan is doing the best he can to remedy a situation that was was caused in whole by sup par parts. The qulaity has to go up or I think you guys might see a lot of Losi's sitting on shelves in the store.

I know for one the thing I look for first in a rc vehicle is quality/durability. Take Mugen for example, Very fast, and bullet proof, I mean , it just doesnt hardly break or wear. Very little slop even at the end of the season. Next I look for does it suit my style, can I drive it fast? Lastly I look for Parts Availablity.

Brand Loyalty in my book is nothing more than respect. I mentioned Mugen before because they have earned my Respect time and time again with their 8 scales. Therfore until they sell their operation and their quality suffers, I will be wheeling Mugens.

If I am going to stay with this vehicle there will need to be some improvements in the quality.

Just the .02 of a consumer who spends a good amount of money in this hobby.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Moogumby

I run a Jconcepts Raptor for the Blitz on mine and it fits pretty good. I will try to get a photo next time I go to my trailer, which is kept at the track. Might be a couple of days.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lon_L
oh I dissagree.... There is more to do like get Losi Back from Horizon and quit counting pennies so much. Build a quality vechicle and make parts available. The design is great, layout is great, balance is great.... Quality is lacking , plastic is sub par, there is still no final pins available because the factory has quality issues. With all of the focus on the pins, no other parts are being delivered. The Spring Fling is at the RC Asylum in 2 weeks . I really want to go and run this class, but I cant justify the expense when I have only 1 spare part ( front arms).

I understand and appreciate that Ryan is doing the best he can to remedy a situation that was was caused in whole by sup par parts. The qulaity has to go up or I think you guys might see a lot of Losi's sitting on shelves in the store.

I know for one the thing I look for first in a rc vehicle is quality/durability. Take Mugen for example, Very fast, and bullet proof, I mean , it just doesnt hardly break or wear. Very little slop even at the end of the season. Next I look for does it suit my style, can I drive it fast? Lastly I look for Parts Availablity.

Brand Loyalty in my book is nothing more than respect. I mentioned Mugen before because they have earned my Respect time and time again with their 8 scales. Therfore until they sell their operation and their quality suffers, I will be wheeling Mugens.

If I am going to stay with this vehicle there will need to be some improvements in the quality.

Just the .02 of a consumer who spends a good amount of money in this hobby.
If you were running an 8ight buggy or truggy you would feel the same , my 8ight Te has been the most durable best handling R/C I own , the driveline wears like iron and I have only ever broken one front a arm in the 3 years I have owned it .

As for the quality the only thing thats really in question IMO is the diff pins , everything else is little stuff that almost EVERY R/C has (rear tower , bumpers) .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.