Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Any one got a link to an active setup page for the TC Clone please.
Cheers Malc
Old 04-01-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the comments malc
Korey any thoughts?

for setups mostly petit seems to combine setups for cyclone and TC on the same page:
http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4553
Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

well i just finished my very first interactive pdf document a setup sheet for the cyclone TC.
i didn't know how to do the fill in for the tires like was on the wce version but i think i got most other things working okay.
if any one has any improvements your welcome and i will see if i can fit it in.

interactive HB TC pdf[1.7mb]
Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Can you put a link to the interactive pdf document
Cheers Malc
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Hello,I would firstly like to thank the help they gave me read this posts, for sharing your experiencies, and especial thanks for STLNLST, for your setup.

The last weekend i race the LRP TCM, i donīt have any experiencie in carpet, and i donīt know a good base setup for this surface, and for my style of driving.
In the free training i tried several things, and the car passed to driveable, but very dificult and inconsistent.At night everything changed the setup, and put STLNLST setup, the car now are very consistent and more easy to drive, but traction roll constantly , and i broke the car.
Finally, i make some modifications to the setup, and the car is fast, consistent and not traction roll, but the driver skills are not than good

From the setup, i changed Rear springs, blue to silver, Rear droop, 5 to 4, and stabilizers to 1.4, F and R, and put spacers in front hex.
This work for me, diferent track, carpet or driver is possible not work the same way, but I wanted to share it with your, and thanks.

The results are not important, i have really enjoyed this race and I have fun, I hope to return next year.

For Volkerd car, are the same he is use in Italy, with Tamiya steering, and a large top deck, it seem very flex, the car are very fast, i think that the more, Ronald have a very good driving style, and is very fast and consistent, but not have a good luck,the final results do not reflect how well he did on the track, the Tamiya drivers did a very good job, of course.
If this is a new HB Carpet car desing, i think is a very good way, very fast and i can see, very strong.

Thanks again, Luis C.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomracing
well last weekend was really good. sometimes when you drive some elses car you find out what is wrong with your own. in my case the cyclone had serious understeer problems both in and out of corners.
so remembering hara's setup I thought to create more steering that way so I moved the front arms backwards which helped a bit. then i changed to silver front springs and taadaa!! the car was a lot better!
now i still suffer in certain places of the track where there is a dirrectional change from a left hand hairpin (at the end of the straight) directly into a right hand hairpin and also on a fast 90deg right hand turn into a left hand sweeper. the car just doesn't change over quick enough.
what would you look into first shock rebound or roll centres?

here's the setup i ran
I would try running more spacers under the suspension blocks. I think you will benefit from 1.5mm of shims rather than 1.25. It will wake up the car and a bit and keep it flatter through some of the corners.

Your shock oil is fairly light, so you should probably keep that the same.

You can also try standing up the rear shock a bit, but going to a blue spring. The combination of a softer spring and moving it out on the shock tower should let it transfer weight quicker without sacrificing too much grip.

Maybe try running the foams in the shocks as well. It will create a little more rebound in the shock.

-Korey
Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luic
Hello,I would firstly like to thank the help they gave me read this posts, for sharing your experiencies, and especial thanks for STLNLST, for your setup.

The last weekend i race the LRP TCM, i donīt have any experiencie in carpet, and i donīt know a good base setup for this surface, and for my style of driving.
In the free training i tried several things, and the car passed to driveable, but very dificult and inconsistent.At night everything changed the setup, and put STLNLST setup, the car now are very consistent and more easy to drive, but traction roll constantly , and i broke the car.
Finally, i make some modifications to the setup, and the car is fast, consistent and not traction roll, but the driver skills are not than good

From the setup, i changed Rear springs, blue to silver, Rear droop, 5 to 4, and stabilizers to 1.4, F and R, and put spacers in front hex.
This work for me, diferent track, carpet or driver is possible not work the same way, but I wanted to share it with your, and thanks.

The results are not important, i have really enjoyed this race and I have fun, I hope to return next year.

For Volkerd car, are the same he is use in Italy, with Tamiya steering, and a large top deck, it seem very flex, the car are very fast, i think that the more, Ronald have a very good driving style, and is very fast and consistent, but not have a good luck,the final results do not reflect how well he did on the track, the Tamiya drivers did a very good job, of course.
If this is a new HB Carpet car desing, i think is a very good way, very fast and i can see, very strong.

Thanks again, Luis C.
Glad to hear that worked for you. However......I'm just the guy that posted the set up. Sean Williams is the guy that gave me the set up.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the one and only STLNLST
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luic

Thanks again, Luis C.
do you know if there was any pics of his car during the race?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Well, thanks for Sean Willians, too
Hewitt, i think is there some pics, but i donīt know where is, if i can see pots in this thread.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default D4 Shocks?

Anybody run D4 shocks on their B44 or vis versa I need t know if their is a diff?
Old 04-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yea the ae's leak. lol ive done it with out any probs, and ive ran kyosho bodies with diff shafts on my 44 as well.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HEWITT
the one and only STLNLST
YES I AM
Old 04-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

anyone have a low bite asphalt setup?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

just finished building the cylone
waiting for the electronics to come in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.