Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Suspended

Last edited by Uneke; 08-15-2008 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Let's try to clean it up a bit.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by airtraficontr
you guys aint got shit on me cheers conehead
why dont you piss off
and give the shits to another thread
id rather read some other shit than your'se
cheers dan cheers conehead wtf
your cell seams to be turned off too
have another drink and go to bed
keep up the good work uriah
thanks another murnan motor racer

Last edited by grub; 07-13-2008 at 03:55 AM. Reason: forgot to call him a dickhead
Old 07-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Don't feed the troll -> http://www.rctech.net/forum/profile.php?do=editlist -> Ignore
Uriah, you got mail
Old 07-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

that guys out of control
Old 07-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Uriah hit me up on the cell
Old 07-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope he's really not an airtraffic controller. He's off his freakin' rocker.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JetMD
I hope he's really not an airtraffic controller. He's off his freakin' rocker.
I don't think he is, you have to speak English to do that job,

Ignore him.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
Hi. I do have before, and after dyno sheets on both. Maybe I will post them sometime in the future.

The stock Red Dot with 2607 pipe makes more torque than the stock R3 with the RB2604 pipe until about 25K rpm. Then the R3 makes more torque than the red dot from 25K up. Both make almost the same amount of peak torque, it just happens in very different places in the powerband.

The R3 has much higher peak HP numbers than the red dot though. The stock R3 is faster than the stock Red Dot on a larger track. The Red Dot can feel like it goes flat compared to the R3 on a long straight with the 2607 pipe.

The MM Red Dot has improved top end power over the stock one, but the MMR3 is going to be faster, and much more reliable than the MM Red Dot. The MMR3 has a wonderfully smooth powerband, without lacking power anywhere.

Both of the engines will run long enough on one tank of fuel to easily make runtime in a 5 minute qualifier, longer if you drive smooth.

The Picco will require 2x the amount of connecting rods over the life of the engine when compared to the RB engine. The Picco carb is not as easy to tune as the RB. The Picco powerband is not as easy to drive due to gobs of low end torque.

I would go with the MMR3 for the most speed out of the engines listed. The MM Red Dot is fast, I just prefer the MMR3. It is easier to drive, more reliable, and easier to tune.

I am only looking to debate this, I am not looking to argue........if having me ask questions pisses you off you in any way I will stop..... I was under the impresion that the Picco was the highest powered .12 ( based off dyno results)....so seeing you say the RB has much higher peak #'s has me curious..the Picco already made 1.13 HP on the X-Dyno how much stronger can the RB be ? its really a shame you dont have a X-Dyno so your dyno numbers could be compared to other motors tested on the X..for some reason your dyno reads much higher then the X even tho you use the same software

Last edited by Maximo; 07-14-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up Diferent dyno's?

IMO, if you compare dynos, most are the same in the way they collect the data. The difference I have seen is how the data is coverted to HP and Torque or different starting points. If you have looked at novarossi base HP and Torque listed for their motors is usually higher the what the X-dyno or others will produce and I believe the data is converted based on something they feel is necessary to give proper numbers in their opinion. So,

Novarossi = 1.68 HP from website on 353 Plus 2
42,000 RPM and a recommendation of 16% nitro

Picco = 1.6 claimed HP from OFNA site and 41,000 RPM, not sure on fuel

So, you metioned the X-dyno said picco at 1.13 HP. Based against what? I just believe the X-dyno starts at a lower point compared to other dyno's. You can probably change the way the dyno calculates or starts it calculations to match the factory claims, especially with the 353. Make your numbers on the stock motor match 1.68 HP, then mod the motor to make comparision.

Or match any two different dyno's to produce the same stock numbers and then produce mod motor numbers from that point. That would give a better representation of what the mod is producing.

Originally Posted by Maximo
I am only looking to debate this, I am not looking to argue........if having me ask questions pisses you off you in any way I will stop..... I was under the impresion that the Picco was the highest powered .12 ( based off dyno results)....so seeing you say the RB has much higher peak #'s has me curious..the Picco already made 1.13 HP on the X-Dyno how much stronger can the RB be ? its really a shame you dont have a X-Dyno so your dyno numbers could be compared to other motors tested on the X..for some reason your dyno reads much higher then the X even tho you use the same software
Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No two dynos are going to read exactly the same. Even in 1:1 racing there can be a lot of variation from one machine to another. The point is to have a dyno that will produce repeatable results for the purposes of testing. It doesn't matter if a motor reads 1 hp or 50 hp as long as it reads the same every time so when you make adjustments you know for sure what effect it had on the motor.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I have no problem with questions, and very rarely do I get pissed off.

The RB did make more HP when compared to the Red Dot on my dyno. (The RB has a little less torque). It shows on the track too. The Picco makes gobs of power immediately, and then goes flat on a long straight, although the 2617 pipe does help with top end on the Picco a little. The RB is a little smoother than the Picco, and will pass it down the straight. Even with the tallest gearing on the Picco.

If I remember correctly I got about 1.14 hp with torque in the 37-38 OzIn with the Red Dot. I got about 1.25hp with the R3 with about 36 OzIn of torque. The RB made it’s peaks higher in the rpm range. Somewhere around 40K with the RB, and a few thousand less with the Red Dot.

Have you tried the R3 yet.

I can assure you that there is more to making a great race engine than peak torque, or HP #’s on a dyno. I can make dyno monster engines that make insane power and are still driveable, but fuel mileage goes wayside. I strive to make my modified engines the best combination of power, reliability, good runtime, easy to tune, and all with a good powerband.

Runtime is critical in On Road Racing. It is difficult to finish a 5 minute qualifier with a lot of the fast engines today. The Red Dot gets a little better fuel mileage than the R3, but both will make 5 minutes OK. If you get the tune spot on.

Although I do offer those 4 minute engines to customers who do not care about runtime.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Old 07-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Restrictor in Carburator???

I am newer to gas engines, and I am not familiar with the restrictor set for the carburator, or how that would be used. I guess it governs the intake of air, so what happens with each, and why adjust this?
Old 07-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

The smaller restrictor you gain in run-time and loose in rpms I guess. In go-carting 2 stroke, small restrictor is faster in tight tracks. I don't know if suits rc cars.
big restrictor worst run-time improved rpms top speed better
if you have problems with run-times go to smaller restrictor if not stay if big (faster)
I also find smaller restrictor is easier to tune
my opnion
Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Restrictor

thanks, makes sense, seems like this could control the power band some. A lot cheaper than buying pipes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.