Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azcau
Is it possible to add metal to the crank pin and then regrind it ? Mine has gone elliptical . Failing that where can I get an 85005 crank for a PT21R01WC ? Thanks .
Nope. Where are you?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gearhead13
ICE:
How much compression/pinch does it have? the piston has quite a few scratches on it. Do you clean/re-oil your air filter regularly? use after run?
how hot do you run it? if the p/s fit is loose, then when it warms up it will stall because of heat expansion.
The compression feels fine, when cold its hard to turn over and when the engine is warmed up i can still feel the compression. I never clean my air filters as i put a new one on every day i drive the car. I don't use after run in my engine's after driving as i was told that wasn't necessary with the ROGA fuel i use. The only time i do use after run is when rebuilding the engine. I don't really temp tune, i look how the engine performs and if there is a nice trail of smoke coming out of the engine. I did temp the engine when the problems started to see if it was running to hot but it was running at around 100C to 120C which seems fine to me.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can i ask why you arent running the F series plugs? The C series are for offroad engines and from memory are slightly longer in the body. I mistakenly ran c series plugs one before and had the same problem as you. I even changed plugs and restarted the engine got out of pit lane into turn 2 and it stopped. When i realised what plugs i had, i changed them back to F and problem solved. Hope this helps
Old 08-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

F and C refer to temp of the plug, F cold C hot. its not onroad or offroad.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

The number defines the heat. 6 is hotter than 7 and determines the gauge of the wire used. The C and F is the length of the body. F is long body or Fredo (Cold). C is short body or Hot (Caldo)

The G is if its a gold connector and the T is for Turbo so a C6TGF plug is 6 gauge wire turbo plug with a gold connector and a long body

Cheers
Old 08-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the 6 does not mean it is a 6 gauge wire.... that would be huge- like twice the size of your house wiring. It's just a number designation for sizing and nothing to do with the gauge size.

I just checked a few new plugs. The size of a #6 wire is 360 microns (.36mm= 27 gauge wire)- the #7 is just under 330 microns (.33mm= 28 gauge wire)- just about .0016" difference.

nice conversion chart- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_wire_gauge
Old 08-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, so how do i know which plug i need? The engine i have is a Mega MF. As i told the LHS which engine i had and that i needed some plugs for it. they didn't asked long or short only if i needed cold or hot plugs. I also checked the other plugs i have and there where some F and C series. So i think the LHS got the plugs mixed up.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
Ok, so how do i know which plug i need? The engine i have is a Mega MF. As i told the LHS which engine i had and that i needed some plugs for it. they didn't asked long or short only if i needed cold or hot plugs. I also checked the other plugs i have and there where some F and C series. So i think the LHS got the plugs mixed up.
The recommended plug for the Mega MF .12 is C5TC or C6TC.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

tnx, ill go to the track tomorrow and use the C plugs, really hope that solves the problem, could using the F plug have done any damage to the engine?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
F and C refer to temp of the plug, F cold C hot. its not onroad or offroad.
Well i am looking at the back of a nova plug packet now and it clearly states C plugs are long body and F are short body, NOT temprature. Both C and F plugs have the same heat ranges. When i spoke to the novarossi distributor here as well as several expirienced racers they both said the same thing and that is that C plugs are designed for off road engines.

So Ice as i said in my previous post give the F plugs a try, as when i ran the C plugs i had exactly the same problem as you, it may or may not fix it but it wont hurt your engine trying them.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have run both C series and F series plugs in my onroad engines. I am going to ask Jim soon, but I believe you guys are both right and both wrong. The C plugs are the long body, and the F series are short body. (Although in the package they look like they are the same length.) The length of the body will make a difference in how "hot" they are. With the same diameter wire the C series is a hotter plug. I believe C stands for Caliente which is Spanish for Hot. I believe the F stands for Frio which in Spanish means cold. I don't know if one or the other has anything to do with on or off road engines. This is the first I have ever heard of that. I am not sure of all this, but that is what I think.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the length of the body would probably have a small impact on compression ratio as well.

i tend to stick with the F short body plugs since that is what comes with my .21 on-road engines. if you stick a long body (C) plug in there, you are raising the compression marginally.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I have run both C series and F series plugs in my onroad engines. I am going to ask Jim soon, but I believe you guys are both right and both wrong. The C plugs are the long body, and the F series are short body. (Although in the package they look like they are the same length.) The length of the body will make a difference in how "hot" they are. With the same diameter wire the C series is a hotter plug. I believe C stands for Caliente which is Spanish for Hot. I believe the F stands for Frio which in Spanish means cold. I don't know if one or the other has anything to do with on or off road engines. This is the first I have ever heard of that. I am not sure of all this, but that is what I think.
Nova Rossi is Italian and C stands for Calda "Hot" and F for Fredda "COLD" ,you are right Caliente is Hot in Spanish but Nova Rossi is made in Italy not Spain, just trying to clarify things here.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Nova Rossi is Italian and C stands for Calda "Hot" and F for Fredda "COLD" ,you are right Caliente is Hot in Spanish but Nova Rossi is made in Italy not Spain, just trying to clarify things here.
I know that they are made in Italy. However I am definitely ignorant about the Italian language. I just made an assumption. Many languages borrow words from other languages. Companies also use words from other languages to name their products. The city I live in is named in Spanish, but I don't live in Spain. I guess the Italian words for hot and cold coincidentally start with the same letters as the Spanish words.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 08-12-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cdelong
the length of the body would probably have a small impact on compression ratio as well.

i tend to stick with the F short body plugs since that is what comes with my .21 on-road engines. if you stick a long body (C) plug in there, you are raising the compression marginally.
Definitely wrong. The main difference between the 'C' and 'F' is on the height of the part that protrudes over the button (in more graphical terms: the height of the hex you use for tightening) and this is what makes their difference in heat transfer from the combustion chamber to the air.

A 'C' and 'F' plugs protrude the same on the combustion chamber, so the compression could not be different between them.

Being conical at the end of the combustion chamber, you cannot insert more the plug unless you do a gorilla tighten and break the plug button or strip the treads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.