Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:21 AM
  #3826  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 12,433
Default

For the .12 I can not say much but I know RB has always used a slight different crankpin size in their .21 engines so it would not supprise me if the .12 series have such a difference as well..

Regarding the head button, it is wise to messure up the real head clearance with a piece of solder.
Roelof is offline  
Old 01-31-2011, 04:38 AM
  #3827  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 729
Default

Originally Posted by Roelof
For the .12 I can not say much but I know RB has always used a slight different crankpin size in their .21 engines so it would not supprise me if the .12 series have such a difference as well..

Regarding the head button, it is wise to messure up the real head clearance with a piece of solder.
I measured the depth of the bit that sticks inside the sleeve - the Flash sits around 0.3mm deeper, didnt ACCURATELY measure it, but it was around the 0.3mm mark.
DJ_Shakespear is offline  
Old 01-31-2011, 05:30 AM
  #3828  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 12,433
Default

I never do messure the depth, if the piston is not flat you can not rely on the messurements. I always use a piece of solder to squeeze between head and piston by turning the crankshaft one time and messure up the flat spot on the solder.
Roelof is offline  
Old 01-31-2011, 02:06 PM
  #3829  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by stefan
Sure, the price....
A lot more is coming... Ciao from Italy
jdesoto is offline  
Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
  #3830  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jdesoto
A lot more is coming... Ciao from Italy
What is the better engine? Jp gimar ro9 fully tuned 14.5mm or novarossi flash special tuned? What engine has more topend and midrange? What's better on the ro9 the 14.5mm crank or the 14.mm crank? Sorry for all the questions but know that you would know the answers because you carry and run these motors. I need some new motors for the upcoming race season I need help with my choice. Thanks in advance!!!
HoboShop is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
  #3831  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 209
Default

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
dont know what kangaroo u were watching but we broke track records with the kangaroo great great motor and we were running against flash special and 35 tuned
I heard it is a great motor so I may go for one when my Mega dies. Would it be worth getting a Murnan modified version?
JIM1 is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
  #3832  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Update from Italy: I spent the last 2 days at the Novarossi factory and can tell you that the new engines look great. Details will be available on Thursday. The engines will ship to us in about 2 weeks so dealers will have them around the 3rd week of February. Sneak peek: 4 very updated engines coming. They will make more power and have better mileage! Yes, that wasn't a misprint. The 2011 NOVA engine lineup is awesome. Dealers can call us to get info and place orders starting tomorrow. Regardless of what all the other engine manufacturers say they can't compare with Novarossi quality, materials and innovation.
jdesoto is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
  #3833  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by HoboShop
What is the better engine? Jp gimar ro9 fully tuned 14.5mm or novarossi flash special tuned? What engine has more topend and midrange? What's better on the ro9 the 14.5mm crank or the 14.mm crank? Sorry for all the questions but know that you would know the answers because you carry and run these motors. I need some new motors for the upcoming race season I need help with my choice. Thanks in advance!!!
All three engines you mentioned are great. Can't go wrong with any of them. RO9 has the most top of the 3. I would give the nod to the Flash on the bottom. All 3 pull through the middle. S09 gets the best mileage. And remember, regardless of which you get you can 'adjust' the power curve with the pipe and header.
jdesoto is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 03:47 PM
  #3834  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 302
Default

Originally Posted by jdesoto
Update from Italy: I spent the last 2 days at the Novarossi factory and can tell you that the new engines look great. Details will be available on Thursday. The engines will ship to us in about 2 weeks so dealers will have them around the 3rd week of February. Sneak peek: 4 very updated engines coming. They will make more power and have better mileage! Yes, that wasn't a misprint. The 2011 NOVA engine lineup is awesome. Dealers can call us to get info and place orders starting tomorrow. Regardless of what all the other engine manufacturers say they can't compare with Novarossi quality, materials and innovation.
This is great news!

Would you be in a position to know whether tuned & pre-run versions will be avail soon or not?

Regards,
mhavlena is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 PM
  #3835  
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,275
Default

Originally Posted by jdesoto
Regardless of what all the other engine manufacturers say they can't compare with Novarossi quality, materials and innovation.
Wow!

I'm sure the US Importer of other brands, for example Xceed/Mega engines, is going to be crushed.
stefan is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 11:25 AM
  #3836  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 209
Default

I want a Nova. I'm gonna do it ! F!ck the rest, I'm sold.
JIM1 is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:47 PM
  #3837  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 729
Default

Originally Posted by JIM1
I want a Nova. I'm gonna do it ! F!ck the rest, I'm sold.
Im liking the Nova's too!
One question:
Is the Flash .12 3 Tuned piston and sleeve more-or-less specially matched to each other? As in, are they hand-picked or specially designed to be used together?
DJ_Shakespear is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:48 PM
  #3838  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by mhavlena
This is great news!

Would you be in a position to know whether tuned & pre-run versions will be avail soon or not?

Regards,
Tuned yes, most/all in the first batch
Pre-run, some/a few in the first batch

The second batch will arrive late Feb/March and will have more Pre-run engines. Make sure your order is placed ASAP if you want/need it soon. We already sold out some of the models in the first order! We have a pipeline of orders and we will fill the orders in the order we receive them.
jdesoto is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:51 PM
  #3839  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 302
Default

Originally Posted by jdesoto
Tuned yes, most/all in the first batch
Pre-run, some/a few in the first batch

The second batch will arrive late Feb/March and will have more Pre-run engines. Make sure your order is placed ASAP if you want/need it soon. We already sold out some of the models in the first order! We have a pipeline of orders and we will fill the orders in the order we receive them.
How can one pre-order? from your website?
I ask because I haven't seen anything on your website about the 2011 Nov line-up...

Appreciate!!
mhavlena is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:22 PM
  #3840  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,970
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

The new 2011 engines with the low profile heads look really nice!! The flash 12 and 21
Serpent-Dan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.