Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am trying to find out what type of Novarossi i have:
It really looks like an RS12S1X , except for a bit different casting and this one has three mixture screws no lettering on top of cylinder head and a big M (maybe mugen?) on the front of the carb. I can post a picture if needed.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gearhead13
I am trying to find out what type of Novarossi i have:
It really looks like an RS12S1X , except for a bit different casting and this one has three mixture screws no lettering on top of cylinder head and a big M (maybe mugen?) on the front of the carb. I can post a picture if needed.
The M on the carb is Mugen, so it's a MR12 or a MT12.
Check if the sleeve sits on top of the crankcase (MT12) or flush (Mr12)
Old 07-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by no4hitter
Is there anything out there to help get the melted foam off of my polished tuned pipe. What is the best way to keep it clean. Thanks
The best you can do to clean it is when the pipe is warm, get a rag, put some fuel on the rag and clean it before it cools of. If the pipe cools of with dirt & grime, removing it will be a PITA.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

That's why I love Mielke's chrome plating.
My pipe is a year old and look like new
Old 07-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

I am running a N12LS3 on my 710. A new track opened with a fast long straight and also fast curves. Should I be using any head shims for better performance? If yes, how many mm thickness? Weather here is around 30 Degrees Celsius. Any recommendations? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aaalp
Hey guys,

I am running a N12LS3 on my 710. A new track opened with a fast long straight and also fast curves. Should I be using any head shims for better performance? If yes, how many mm thickness? Weather here is around 30 Degrees Celsius. Any recommendations? Thanks for the help.
I'm running mine with 0,25mm shims and 16% nitro.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Plug help?

I have a NSR12S5. I'm running on the east coast in a slew of heat & humidity (85-95 degrees F and above). I have a few novarossi plugs, but an not sure should I be running a hot plug (CF5, I think) or colder (CF7). Any thoughts?

Also, I'm trying to break this new p/s in. I seem to be having a few carn problems that I can't figure out. It will run fine, then it seems like the fuel line looses pressure. I can see justa bit of fuel right by the carb inlet, but nothing else is coming thru the line. I checked the pipe, lines, and tank for leaks, and didn't find anything. I thought it could be I need to richen the low end up a tad, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spenzalii
I have a NSR12S5. I'm running on the east coast in a slew of heat & humidity (85-95 degrees F and above). I have a few novarossi plugs, but an not sure should I be running a hot plug (CF5, I think) or colder (CF7). Any thoughts?

Also, I'm trying to break this new p/s in. I seem to be having a few carn problems that I can't figure out. It will run fine, then it seems like the fuel line looses pressure. I can see justa bit of fuel right by the carb inlet, but nothing else is coming thru the line. I checked the pipe, lines, and tank for leaks, and didn't find anything. I thought it could be I need to richen the low end up a tad, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?
Nova has two ranges of plugs:

C5TC -C8TC, the last C meaning "Caldo" which is Italian for hot. These plugs have a short body and heat up quickly

C5TF - C8TF, the F meaning Frigo= Cold. These have a longer body which heats up slower and dissipates heat.

When I was racing in Atlanta, I always used C5TF up to 90 degrees and C6TF above that.

the 7-8 plugs are for .21 engines.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Nova has two ranges of plugs:

C5TC -C8TC, the last C meaning "Caldo" which is Italian for hot. These plugs have a short body and heat up quickly

C5TF - C8TF, the F meaning Frigo= Cold. These have a longer body which heats up slower and dissipates heat.

When I was racing in Atlanta, I always used C5TF up to 90 degrees and C6TF above that.

the 7-8 plugs are for .21 engines.
i use a 7f on a 12 motor on very hot days (toronto) humidity is high. and they seem to work great (more power and speed) NOW how do you run in a cnc piston basted motor thx,
Old 07-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stefan
The M on the carb is Mugen, so it's a MR12 or a MT12.
Check if the sleeve sits on top of the crankcase (MT12) or flush (Mr12)
The sleeve sits on top of the crankcase, so I think its a MT12.
So, where can i get parts for it, like a piston/sleeve or conrod?
From what ive read these are almost the same as other Novarossi engines, but which one? the RS12S1X?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know where i can get a Novarossi 2630 inline exhaust system from
Old 07-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnakeEyz
www.murnanmodified.com
Old 07-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SnakeEyz
http://www.the-border.com
Old 08-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looking for NovaRossi on-road .21 Piston/Sleeve and crankshaft. Please email with price/info/pic to webznet at yahoo dot com.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just how tight are these novarossi engines?
I was getting a used one from a local club member who re-pinched it and i could barely turn it over with vicegrips on the flywheel. The flywheel actually slipped on the crank even though i tightened the clutch nut real good. I killed TWO starter boxes trying to break it in. (preheating also of course)
I am curious because i bought a new one (rs12s1x) and it should arrive in a few days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.