Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ophidian
Does anyone know what spring and oil weight to start at for a very bumpy track. They run 1/8 buggies on the same track.
For Buggy, try 35 all the way around. Our track is bumpy, and hashigh jumps (2-3' high)

Try Green or Silver springs in the rear. In the front try anything from Black to silver springs. Depending on traction. The softer the spring the more steering you'll get entering a corner. The stiffer the spring the less entry steering, but you'll get more acceleration out of the corner.

For truck, 35's and stock springs should do the trick.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ophidian
Does anyone know what spring and oil weight to start at for a very bumpy track. They run 1/8 buggies on the same track.
Instead of advice, I give you some links:

Slippery & Rought Track

ROAR Modified Off-Road Nationals Low traction & bumpy track

Neil Cragg - Euro 2004

Neil Cragg - World 2005

The track for the EC '04 and WC '05 are the same, (very) rought and (very) slippery
Old 08-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Cleaning Carbon Pieces?

I have stripped down my B4 to give it a good cleaning and upgrade some parts and was wondering what to use to clean the carbon parts. Will soap and water work or should I not get them wet?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Soap and water is fine. You can even add a little simple green to the water if you like. However, use motor spray to blast dirt out of the metal parts.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
I have stripped down my B4 to give it a good cleaning and upgrade some parts and was wondering what to use to clean the carbon parts. Will soap and water work or should I not get them wet?
Use Pledge (wood furniture cleaner) to clean the parts and get them looking new again. It works amazing.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Building the dream T4

Before I put together my T4 Factory Team kit I am trying to think of any performance hop ups (as this will be my race vehicle performance is more important than looks for this project) that will help me get around the track faster. If money was no object what would your dream T4 be (I will be racing stock):

ESC - Quantum 2
Servo - Airtronics 452
Motor - EAMotorSports Monster Pro
Receiver - Spektrum
Chasis - Downgrade to Plastic

Other Hop Ups:
- Stainless Steel Screw Kit (How much lighter is titanium and is the Lunsford worth it? I bought a knock off titanium set for my B4 and it was crap. I like the bling, bling of the Stainless Steel).
- RPM Black Gear Cover
- Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins
- Lightweight Outdrive
- Blue Aluminum Shock Caps (are these a benefit or for looks only)
- Battery Strap Thumbscrews (best upgrade ever made for under $10)
- RPM Front Bumper (not large bumper but bigger than stock)

Was thinking of in-line axles but I'm not that good of a driver. Did I miss anything? Should I go with the S9451 over the Air 452 Servo? Your input is appreciated.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If your racing stock, try and reduce rotating mass. That will help your lap times more then anything else.

-Lighter slipper pads
-Titanium top shaft (if anyone makes one yet) or Machined down top shaft (saw it custom made on a site linked here not long ago, I'm sure someone has a link).
-Aluminum CVD's
-Lightweight pinions
-Aluminum screws (looks and less mass)

Anything else you can find to make the car light.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How long do you think it would take to build a FT B4? I'm going to order one tommorow and it wont get here until wednesday. I'll only have 2 evenings to complete the whole thing, including the body and everything. I had a T4 for a year and a half so I know how increadibly easily the 4 series cars go together. But I never built it from the ground up. I'm thinking it shouldnt take more than 4 hours to do the whole chassis, not including gluing tires or painting. What do you guys think?
Old 08-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

It took me about 2 hours to build the kit. Figure a half hour for tires and another half hour for the body. 2 days is plently of time to build it.

Jamescam- The FT kit comes with lightweight outdrives, With a mod motor I got just about 3 weeks out of a set, so with a stock they should last quiet a while, but I would have a backup set just incase you snap one. The GT heavy duty ones are great, and last forever, but wear might not be that big of an issue in stock.

Scott- You left the plug for your powersupply at the track last sunday when you left, I have it and was going to give it to you friday but you weren't there, and i'll be at Vineland this week. So if your looking for it, I have it in my box.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.speedysracingparts.com/id20.htm

Lightened top shaft and gears. Not sure of durability on high bite tracks though.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

No offense but it should take ya longer to put the kit together to take your time on it and make sure everything goes together nice and smooth and parts are free, and shocks are smooth and so on.... theres so much stuff to do to the kits as you build them to make it perform better....

LaTa JoSh
Old 08-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott S
If your racing stock, try and reduce rotating mass. That will help your lap times more then anything else.

-Lighter slipper pads
-Titanium top shaft (if anyone makes one yet) or Machined down top shaft (saw it custom made on a site linked here not long ago, I'm sure someone has a link).
-Aluminum CVD's
-Lightweight pinions
-Aluminum screws (looks and less mass)

Anything else you can find to make the car light.
Any links for lighter slipper pads or aluminum CVD's? Found aluminum screws at Tracksiderc.com, am a little worried about durability but we will try it and see. LHS sells aluminum pinions.

Last edited by jamescam; 08-28-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What mods to make...

New to RC, just got T4SE. I've replaced servo with Hitech 645 (after rebuilding stock 3 times!). Replaced motor with Trinity 15 turn. Was wondering, in what order should I start replacing parts, and what parts do I need to replace to make this truck "race ready"? I realize I first need to learn how to drive it and keep it on the track, but as my skill increases and my wallet allows where should I make my investments?
Thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 08-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hi James,

Two comments:

1. I have two of the RPM gear covers, and neither seals as well as the AE FT one. I would stick with the stock one in future.

2. I would build the shocks using the Yokomo "bleeder" caps instead of either of the AE caps. The convenience when you're filling the shocks is a time saver, especially if you're under pressure or in a hurry.

MIKE

Originally Posted by jamescam
Before I put together my T4 Factory Team kit I am trying to think of any performance hop ups (as this will be my race vehicle performance is more important than looks for this project) that will help me get around the track faster. If money was no object what would your dream T4 be (I will be racing stock):

ESC - Quantum 2
Servo - Airtronics 452
Motor - EAMotorSports Monster Pro
Receiver - Spektrum
Chasis - Downgrade to Plastic

Other Hop Ups:
- Stainless Steel Screw Kit (How much lighter is titanium and is the Lunsford worth it? I bought a knock off titanium set for my B4 and it was crap. I like the bling, bling of the Stainless Steel).
- RPM Black Gear Cover
- Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins
- Lightweight Outdrive
- Blue Aluminum Shock Caps (are these a benefit or for looks only)
- Battery Strap Thumbscrews (best upgrade ever made for under $10)
- RPM Front Bumper (not large bumper but bigger than stock)

Was thinking of in-line axles but I'm not that good of a driver. Did I miss anything? Should I go with the S9451 over the Air 452 Servo? Your input is appreciated.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ozdork
Hi James,

Two comments:

1. I have two of the RPM gear covers, and neither seals as well as the AE FT one. I would stick with the stock one in future.

2. I would build the shocks using the Yokomo "bleeder" caps instead of either of the AE caps. The convenience when you're filling the shocks is a time saver, especially if you're under pressure or in a hurry.

MIKE
1. That is a good point. I know AE puts out a black gear cover as an optional part so I will go with that one instead if I want to go black.

2. Good idea, for $3 definately something i will pick up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.