Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Just because a new car is released does not mean that you have to go out and buy it. I don't get why people are upset with a mfg when they release a new car once a year??? Are you guys the same guys that are mad at Ford or Chevy for making a 2015 model that has something that your 2014 doesn't have? Are you mad at Nike for making a new pair of shoes too? Its a business they are in it to make money once you accept this fact your life might be easier. You don't stay relevant in a market by trying to sell old products.....newer will always out sell older even if older is better. I dont recall Xray or any other mfg holding a gun to my head when they come out with their new car saying that I "HAVE" to buy this or else. Its always your choice dont blame the mfg for your lack of will power....

In the end if you want the new car you will spend the money and buy it.
Ford and chevy at least keep the same model for a few years with maybe an update half way through its model life.
With xray you buy a car and next minute its the old car and depending on what they have decided to put on the new car the value drops in proportion so not great value if you ask me and wouldnt be so bad if they made an upgrade kit and make it affordable to there current loyal customers.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

One of the reasons I like Xray is thay build very good quality RC Cars and keep there kits with the latest up dates and improvements I have ordered my new kit connot weight for it to arrive .
Old 09-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

Have allready ordered one when my local shop took pre-orders in , and the car will land in denmark middle next week , cant wait.

But also would like to see 2 things.

1. If you flip left and right bulkheads , can you then press the roll-bar bearings from the inside instead of the outside and still use the T4 2014 rollbars???

2. ARS, the toe-in linkage is placed on the chassis with a 9-10mm long screw and a long shim. In case of a sideways hit against the wood track markers , will that destroy the hole for the linkage in the chassis , thinking the problem with the T3 front rear arm holder (FR). They was placed first in 2 piece , but many broke their chassis so the made a one piece.

Well , only time will tell. Still looking forward to get my new car.
I don't think you can swap the bulkheads, looks like the bearing would fall out.

I share your concerns about the ARS chassis post, looks to me like a way to rip a hole in the chassis in a hard hit. I think it would have been better combined with the rear pivot blocks.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleburr
I don't think you can swap the bulkheads, looks like the bearing would fall out.

I share your concerns about the ARS chassis post, looks to me like a way to rip a hole in the chassis in a hard hit. I think it would have been better combined with the rear pivot blocks.
I Think that the Rollbar holders that you put on the wire also have to be from the inside , like the capricorn and also the picture shown earlier
Old 09-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's why I stayed away from xray they change the current car way too much without an upgrade for the old car. I remember my first xray FK05, T1 then T2 before I even completely get comfortable with the car the new one is out... so decided to switch back to yokomo at least you can always upgrade the car to the newest version and way faster than xray..
Old 09-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr

When I saw the cars at the Hudy Arena ETS round one of the other cars had the ARS attaching to the rear pivot block holders as you mentioned. I can only assume that it's current position on the new car give better geometry characteristics.
I actually don't think it's too weak, presumably no more than any of the steering components which take bigger impacts.
Time will tell.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
That's why I stayed away from xray they change the current car way too much without an upgrade for the old car. I remember my first xray FK05, T1 then T2 before I even completely get comfortable with the car the new one is out... so decided to switch back to yokomo at least you can always upgrade the car to the newest version and way faster than xray..
You don't have to go to the new car everytime

The Brokomo is a very good car, but certainly not 'way faster'
Old 09-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

T4'15 will after ISTC to release !
First lot pre-order now !
Old 09-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Just because a new car is released does not mean that you have to go out and buy it. I don't get why people are upset with a mfg when they release a new car once a year??? Are you guys the same guys that are mad at Ford or Chevy for making a 2015 model that has something that your 2014 doesn't have? Are you mad at Nike for making a new pair of shoes too? Its a business they are in it to make money once you accept this fact your life might be easier. You don't stay relevant in a market by trying to sell old products.....newer will always out sell older even if older is better. I dont recall Xray or any other mfg holding a gun to my head when they come out with their new car saying that I "HAVE" to buy this or else. Its always your choice dont blame the mfg for your lack of will power....

In the end if you want the new car you will spend the money and buy it.
You make very good points but think they will fall on deaf ears. There seems to be a contingent with the delusion that not having the most newest car is the reason they are not competitive. Others blame a company in Slovakia for forcing them to spend money they otherwise wound have saved. Must suck to go through life so helpless, getting victimized and kept down by the guys at X-ray.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
You make very good points but think they will fall on deaf ears. There seems to be a contingent with the delusion that not having the most newest car is the reason they are not competitive. Others blame a company in Slovakia for forcing them to spend money they otherwise wound have saved. Must suck to go through life so helpless, getting victimized and kept down by the guys at X-ray.
Haha +1

A lot of the guys complaining are the same guys complaining in all the threads they frequent. If they weren't complaining they wouldn't have anything to post.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
You make very good points but think they will fall on deaf ears. There seems to be a contingent with the delusion that not having the most newest car is the reason they are not competitive.
I say let them continue on, blinded with delusion. I love how easy these sorts make if for me (and many others) to pick up a used Xray that needs little more than a few bearings, some tlc, and a decent set-up to be very competitive at any club race... for a song. All of the "they put out to many new kits" complaining in regards to Xray is so old and played out .
Old 09-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

WTB - T4 '15 roller in good condition.

Thanks ;-)
Old 09-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
WTB - T4 '15 roller in good condition.

Thanks ;-)
You might want to wait until people can actually buy one first
Old 09-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
You don't have to go to the new car everytime

Brokomo? I haven't break more parts on my Bd7 2014 than on my T4. But I guess you need to drive the car better in order not to break anything.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skiddins

When was the last time Slowray won a big race?
Brokomo may be more fragile but at least its winning races

Last edited by cyba888; 09-21-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.