Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

If I was sponsored I would race a fragile car since the parts would be free! Since I'm not I would go with the durable car if there was such a car.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Come on guys, we're not in high school here, Ford vs. Chevy is not necessary. Every car can be competitive in the hands of a good driver, let's just leave it at that.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have zero issue with people wanting the latest model, we all often crave new and shiny, with the latest trends just for the sake of it, and if you can afford it, why not.

But I think people misconstrue the nature of what I know to be a cycle of people thinking you will loose 'unless' you buy the latest and greatest, so while some mock and make fun of it, just be wary of how you represent to a lot of newbies who read these forums, and take what they read very seriously, while looking to people on this forum for advice.

Brand vs brand, I have seen every brand get totaled 10x over by the right, or wrong racers, seen the most bagged of brands smoke everyone, brands fight more against perceived issues, than real ones marketing wise, meaning more often that not, I personally think development often heads in the wrong direction just because it's a constant marketing/selling war, more than a real one on pure track performance.

Re: The ARS link mounted to the carbon chassis, was part of my point mentioning a possible fragile design point in the ARS, and why I can't fathom them just redesigning the front toe block for the mount point, maybe nothing will come of it, but then people expressed concern over the front bumper support on previous models, lot of guys destroyed chassis on that one, how long has it taken for them to put the fix in kit for that?
(Not going to single out Xray on that one, all the brands often have known issues that seems to take forever to get fixed, while everything else around them gets changed constantly)
Old 09-22-2014, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

I'll be keeping my T3R thank you very much. lol
Old 09-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyba888
When was the last time Slowray won a big race?
Brokomo may be more fragile but at least its winning races
You mean the ETS etc?
I think it's as much a case of Volker winning races, not just the car.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyba888
When was the last time Slowray won a big race?
Brokomo may be more fragile but at least its winning races
Well the Xray won two ETS mod rounds this year, and most (if not all) of the stock rounds. Thats about as big as it gets TC wise, I don't imagine the worlds will come close on entries.

But I'm not overly fussed by any of that. I don't drive like Volker (I'm not sure anyone does!), and I don't race on the same type of tracks. I choose the car that works best for me on the tracks I race on. With the Xray I've made a huge step forwards in my results and love driving it, so thats where my money goes.

I'll buy the new T4'15 as I can afford it and I enjoy building and running a new car. If anyone is short of cash then I recommend a good used T4'14, it's a brilliant car and Xrays age well. What I don't recommend is whinging on forums about new cars being released, you'll just look sad and won't go any faster.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by daleburr
Well the Xray won two ETS mod rounds this year, and most (if not all) of the stock rounds. Thats about as big as it gets TC wise, I don't imagine the worlds will come close on entries.

But I'm not overly fussed by any of that. I don't drive like Volker (I'm not sure anyone does!), and I don't race on the same type of tracks. I choose the car that works best for me on the tracks I race on. With the Xray I've made a huge step forwards in my results and love driving it, so thats where my money goes.

I'll buy the new T4'15 as I can afford it and I enjoy building and running a new car. If anyone is short of cash then I recommend a good used T4'14, it's a brilliant car and Xrays age well. What I don't recommend is whinging on forums about new cars being released, you'll just look sad and won't go any faster.
Totally agree!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daleburr

You didn't get the memo? Don't you know once the clock strikes midnight Dec 31st your T4'14 will turn into an uncompetitive paperweight with no value. It will even give you a rash if you touch it. Just another way the Hudys are sticking it to the racer.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
I say let them continue on, blinded with delusion. I love how easy these sorts make if for me (and many others) to pick up a used Xray that needs little more than a few bearings, some tlc, and a decent set-up to be very competitive at any club race... for a song. All of the "they put out to many new kits" complaining in regards to Xray is so old and played out .
Cue up the violins for me. I still race the T4'13 and have fun doing so. There are a lot of good options out there. Xray is one of the few I'd consider buying used. The '15 looks really good and would be #1 on the list if I were looking for a new car. Given I primarily race at the club level, have broken one c hub and one turnbuckle since November of 2012 I think I can get some more use out of my current car. Very different story with a couple of the other brands I've owned.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
Very different story with a couple of the other brands I've owned.
Care to name the other brands
Old 09-22-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Care to name the other brands
Ha ha! Nah, I'll leave it up to the individual to figure out what works best for them. My T4 works great for me but I still miss my Corally Phi which was a complete money pit. Weird.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Well I see it like this; what we like to do is "Scale Car Racing" In the racing world, full scale any way, most teams and companies bring out a new race car every year. When I raced full size Dirt Oval Late models I purchased 2 new Chassis every year, sometimes from the same vendor or I would try something new, it was just the way it was. I don't consider RC any different, I get a new car every season, sometimes 2 if there is a couple I like the look of. This is Racing after all, nobody said it was cheap. Does a new car make me faster, hell no. I'm over 40 and just got back into RC 3 years ago, my glory days are behind me but a new car makes the hobby feel new again for me every time I get one, learning the setup for the car and just messing with it.

To keep the thread on track I pre-ordered mine Friday night.....
Old 09-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
Well I see it like this; what we like to do is "Scale Car Racing" In the racing world, full scale any way, most teams and companies bring out a new race car every year. When I raced full size Dirt Oval Late models I purchased 2 new Chassis every year, sometimes from the same vendor or I would try something new, it was just the way it was. I don't consider RC any different, I get a new car every season, sometimes 2 if there is a couple I like the look of. This is Racing after all, nobody said it was cheap. Does a new car make me faster, hell no. I'm over 40 and just got back into RC 3 years ago, my glory days are behind me but a new car makes the hobby feel new again for me every time I get one, learning the setup for the car and just messing with it.

To keep the thread on track I pre-ordered mine Friday night.....
I like the way you think..I feel the same way.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

T4'15 maybe next week arrive !
Old 09-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
Cue up the violins for me. I still race the T4'13 and have fun doing so. There are a lot of good options out there. Xray is one of the few I'd consider buying used. The '15 looks really good and would be #1 on the list if I were looking for a new car. Given I primarily race at the club level, have broken one c hub and one turnbuckle since November of 2012 I think I can get some more use out of my current car. Very different story with a couple of the other brands I've owned.
Ditto... I have the '13 as well- picked up clean, with spares, and for not very much $$$. Less than $10 worth of replacement bearings (had a few going bad) and a bit of rebuilding / sorting left me with a really nice roller. Has been a great car for VTA thus far. Thinking about running some 17.5 soon, and will probably repeat these steps with the purchase of a '14. Once the '15 hits the market the prices will drop, time to watch the FS threads .

Damn you Xray for making such durable, quality cars!!! Damn you for making all these people think that if they don't get the latest version, they will will get blown off the track! Damn you for always working on your product line and introducing refinements and revisions that the hard core racer will appreciate! *waves fist in the air*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.