Wiki Posts
Search

The Losi XXL has landed!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Time to learn how to use the throttle/punch % curve on your transmitter. WHen properly setup, control becomes very manageable. 4s or even 6s. Otherwise the BL engine will be just as twitchy as your throttle finger.
Got nothing to do with the punch control or throttle curve , the upshift is so sudden that it will jerk the front wheels up after the truck is moving .

My nitro would shift at about 25-30 mph and when I converted it I left the 2 speed adjusted to the nitro motor . The torque curve of a brushless motor is pretty flat and it makes about the same torque whether its spinning at 10,000 rpm or 20,000 rpm unlike a nitro motor which peaks and then drops off rapidly which is why nitro monster trucks kinda need a 2 speed while the electric one is actually better without .
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do you have any problems running the 2 speed on yours?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
Do you have any problems running the 2 speed on yours?
Not at all , except a little slippage from the OWB when its cold , I kinda like the 1/2 upshift as you get a cool power wheelie . Can make running a little tricky though but like you said having raw clunky power and the 2 speed has that .

The Losi kit isnt bad just a little overly complicated , but it works good and it is a total bolt on system .
Old 05-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Got nothing to do with the punch control or throttle curve , the upshift is so sudden that it will jerk the front wheels up after the truck is moving .

My nitro would shift at about 25-30 mph and when I converted it I left the 2 speed adjusted to the nitro motor . The torque curve of a brushless motor is pretty flat and it makes about the same torque whether its spinning at 10,000 rpm or 20,000 rpm unlike a nitro motor which peaks and then drops off rapidly which is why nitro monster trucks kinda need a 2 speed while the electric one is actually better without .
Sure it does, throttle/punch control/curve is what keeps the engine torque nice and smooth. Its basically an electronic "slipper clutch". Learn how to use it properly and get back to the thread.

If your still using the 2 speed setup for the brushless, and having torque issues at the shift point, then change out to HD clutch pads and readjust the slipper properly. You can get nice smooth shifts with no jerkiness if you spend enough time on setup with the right combination.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Sure it does, throttle/punch control/curve is what keeps the engine torque nice and smooth. Its basically an electronic "slipper clutch". Learn how to use it properly and get back to the thread.

If your still using the 2 speed setup for the brushless, and having torque issues at the shift point, then change out to HD clutch pads and readjust the slipper properly. You can get nice smooth shifts with no jerkiness if you spend enough time on setup with the right combination.
LOL , punch control is only for the initial throttle pull and does nothing once throttle truck is moving . Learn what punch control actually is and then give people advice when you know what you are talking about.....

How many electric R/C's do you own ? Or have owned ?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

LOL , punch control is only for the initial throttle pull and does nothing once throttle truck is moving . Learn what punch control actually is and then give people advice when you know what you are talking about.....

How many electric R/C's do you own ? Or have owned ?
Actually "punch control" was designed to reduce LAG from nitro engines......but it can be used in the opposite fashion for BL engines.

So maybe you should LEARN what punch control actually is.

Now that your brat response is posted, get off the snob tude' and reread what I stated in previous posts in their PROPER and ENTIRE CONTEXT.........problem with people like you, is that you don't read posts completely and cherry pick incomplete portions of it just to try to make a silly argument. I didn't specify just PUNCH(I stated throttle/punch control/expo curves together), or what specifically it does(But guess what, its very useful on takeoffs.......and it can act as an electronic SLIPPERCLUTCH with BL's when the sensitivity is turned down), but rather multiple functions and parts to be used together.

Again its all in understanding how to setup the vehicle, using the CORRECT parts(toss the stock slipper clutch pads and use the CORRECT HD ones and adjust properly, something I can garentee you haven't done), and making proper adjustments. You can get a very smooth shifting BL setup if you take the time to do it.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

I love how you have no electrical experience yet you are recommending settings for a nitro motor cause you THINK they will work with an electric setup.

The "punch control" I am referring to is in the ESC not the TX and lessens the initial hit from the ESC when you first pull the trigger .

It has no effect once the truck is moving which is when the 2 speed works as it has a centrifugal clutch , so how does tuning the punch control have anything to do with the 1rst to 2nd upshift ? And the slipper isnt there to cushion the upshift , if you run it that loose you would fry the plates

And yeah , got all the HD goodies on my LST2 , HD slipper pads included See I had my "Ultimate LST2" built before you even thought about building yours

As for brat response and snob tude ? Well I think you give that out in spades , I just like giving it back too you cause you THINK youre always right and if somebody doesnt do things the way you do then they are wrong cause you have been doing this so long and have so much experience you MUST be right .

Geez , no wonder you got banned from the LST forums
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

I love how you have no electrical experience yet you are recommending settings for a nitro motor cause you THINK they will work with an electric setup.

The "punch control" I am referring to is in the ESC not the TX and lessens the initial hit from the ESC when you first pull the trigger .

It has no effect once the truck is moving which is when the 2 speed works as it has a centrifugal clutch , so how does tuning the punch control have anything to do with the 1rst to 2nd upshift ? And the slipper isnt there to cushion the upshift , if you run it that loose you would fry the plates

And yeah , got all the HD goodies on my LST2 , HD slipper pads included See I had my "Ultimate LST2" built before you even thought about building yours

As for brat response and snob tude ? Well I think you give that out in spades , I just like giving it back too you cause you THINK youre always right and if somebody doesnt do things the way you do then they are wrong cause you have been doing this so long and have so much experience you MUST be right .

Geez , no wonder you got banned from the LST forums
Again, please quote where I said that punch itself and soley alone SPECIFICALLY has anything to do with the shift point.

Please quote where I said that(in correct context and complete). You can't.

As for brat/snob response, yours was completely. The only time I give atitude is when someone on his OWN shows that he is a complete narrowminded moron.

As for electric, Ive been running electric RC's since the 80's. The only thing I run electric now is SC. I don't really like electric. But I know how to set it up just fine.

PS: Feel free to link your LST2 build thread.

PPS: LST forums? The forum thats been long dead? LOL! There were like 12 fulltime members there, half of which had the intelligence of a banana, and one complete 500lb. loser who lived to eat twinkies, bong hits and literally eat all the food out of his starving dad's house while he lived in the basement.....lol............I'm "OK" with being banned from that pathetic now defunct forum that hada barnyard mentality populated with members who couldn't handle being continuously corrected for poor/incorrect advice etc.

Last edited by ntrain42; 05-10-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

I didnt do a build thread cause ANYBODY can buy a bunch of parts and bolt them on just as your did in you "Utlimate LST" thread , BFD so you can assemble a toy . Nobody cares that you spent a bunch of money on what YOU think is the ultimate monster truck

And when it was going LST forums had a lot of people on it and was very busy , you can try to say it wasnt big but I know a lot of users that were members , a heck of a lot more than 12 .

You have one electric R/C which has little to nothing to do with what we are talking about , dont like electric yet here you are giving advice on something you have NO experience with ?

You got tossed cause you are an overbearing know it all douchbag that pissed off a whole bunch of users , kinda like you do here .
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

I didnt do a build thread cause ANYBODY can buy a bunch of parts and bolt them on just as your did in you "Utlimate LST" thread , BFD so you can assemble a toy . Nobody cares that you spent a bunch of money on what YOU think is the ultimate monster truck

And when it was going LST forums had a lot of people on it and was very busy , you can try to say it wasnt big but I know a lot of users that were members , a heck of a lot more than 12 .

You have one electric R/C which has little to nothing to do with what we are talking about , dont like electric yet here you are giving advice on something you have NO experience with ?

You got tossed cause you are an overbearing know it all douchbag that pissed off a whole bunch of users , kinda like you do here .
So you dont have a build thread, because its all bolt on parts............

And um what does this topic and thread have to do with how much money I spent on a few of my builds? Really? That Jealous are we? Because you seem to continuously bring that up how much money I spend on my RC projects.

Its not bolting on parts that make an ultimate build, but a smart combination of products and how to properly implement them to address potential weak points and improve overall performance. Regardless, Im sorry your jealous of the money I can spend in this hobby without thinking twice.

Maybe I should mod my signature to show what "model's" I own......... Because its basically doing the same thing when you post rollers on the sig. Posting up for all to see what a user owns and runs. Beat that chest Bashemsmashem("Kenny")

I actually have 3 SC electric RC's...................again maybe I should post up a "My collection" "bragging rights" signature like you run?

And before you go calling anyone a dbag.........you need to stop calling the kettle black. You are a fair weather hippocrite. And not a very smart one obviously. Not my fault though............
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Old 05-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So anyway, lets see some new pics of the conversion basher! Bet that was a happy day when brown santa (UPS) showed up with those goodies
Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

So you dont have a build thread, because its all bolt on parts............

And um what does this topic and thread have to do with how much money I spent on a few of my builds? Really? That Jealous are we? Because you seem to continuously bring that up how much money I spend on my RC projects.

Its not bolting on parts that make an ultimate build, but a smart combination of products and how to properly implement them to address potential weak points and improve overall performance. Regardless, Im sorry your jealous of the money I can spend in this hobby without thinking twice.

Maybe I should mod my signature to show what "model's" I own......... Because its basically doing the same thing when you post rollers on the sig. Posting up for all to see what a user owns and runs. Beat that chest Bashemsmashem("Kenny")

I actually have 3 SC electric RC's...................again maybe I should post up a "My collection" "bragging rights" signature like you run?

And before you go calling anyone a dbag.........you need to stop calling the kettle black. You are a fair weather hippocrite. And not a very smart one obviously. Not my fault though............
AWESOME !
Obviously I have hit a nerve since you felt you had to go visit my RCTech member page and search up previous threads I have posted in mission accomplished !

Sounds like YOU are the one who is jealous of my collection since you feel you need to attack my listing what I own ..... And it doesnt matter what you put in the sig line as you would still be known as an overbearing know it all douchebag like you are . Not my fault though

BTW here is a link to a thread I posted for a body I painted for my LST2 back in 2008 and I had owned the truck for almost 2 years by then .
http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...d-my-lst2.html

bigbadbasher I am truly sorry for crapping all over your thread by arguing with D'train42 , sometimes I guess I just like beating my head against a brick wall ....... Good luck with your conversion and if you need any help feel free to give me a holler ......
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

AWESOME !
Obviously I have hit a nerve since you felt you had to go visit my RCTech member page and search up previous threads I have posted in mission accomplished !

Sounds like YOU are the one who is jealous of my collection since you feel you need to attack my listing what I own ..... And it doesnt matter what you put in the sig line as you would still be known as a know it all douchebag like you are . Not my fault though

BTW here is a link to a thread I posted for a body I painted for my LST2 back in 2008 and I had owned the truck for almost 2 years by then .
http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...d-my-lst2.html

bigbadbasher I am truly sorry for crapping all over your thread by arguing with D'train42 , sometimes I guess I just like beating my head against a brick wall ....... Good luck with your conversion and if you need any help feel free to give me a holler ......
I am far from impressed with your all electric collection. But keep beating your head up against a brick wall, at least I understand why the IQ lacks on your end.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

You made my day ! Thanks !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.