The Losi XXL has landed!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Losi XXL has landed!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

I've got six years of actually running my trucks, with nearly no breakages, and awesome bashing performance.. And yeah, I actually run them and have posted videos proving it..

Aqeel, no offense (at least you're civil if you have a different opinion), but I can absolutely not imagine 80-90wt oil, especially for big jumping. I've been around a while, especially back when MT's were far more popular than they are now, and I've never even heard of people running 50 or more.. And back in the day there were LOTS of people about whose recipe was Ravens and 35wt, people I'd pay attention to, as opposed to this other blowhard. This was said ALL THE TIME, by the likes of Nitrobashers(Australian website) among others(including all of lstforums) people who were putting out video after video proving what worked. OK, maybe 40 or 45 in hot climates, but not more than that..

Last edited by Herrsavage; 05-02-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

I wouldn't want to go into the fluid mechanics stuffs here as there are countless of variables that one need and can calculate; the dampening rate and rebound and etc... I use 30F-35R on medium hard(integy red springs)F and yellow hard springs(R) simply because it gives me good jumps moderate height less than 10 feet, gives me the handling and steering that I want, and sliding that i want on on 420 low profile tires with (hardly)no bottom-out after jumps landing on all 4 tires, suits my local track terrain that I have. My setup holds the rear during accelerations (the rear does not go down that much which will prevent lifting the front giving little traction control). Tried various fluid combo and spring combo - stock chrome, black, red, yellow and my current set up suits my driving style and requirement. Just want to enjoy the hobby however one wants it, however ones understands it

just my 3 cents
Old 05-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I've got six years of actually running my trucks, with nearly no breakages, and awesome bashing performance.. And yeah, I actually run them and have posted videos proving it..

Aqeel, no offense (at least you're civil if you have a different opinion), but I can absolutely not imagine 80-90wt oil, especially for big jumping. I've been around a while, especially back when MT's were far more popular than they are now, and I've never even heard of people running 50 or more.. And back in the day there were LOTS of people about whose recipe was Ravens and 35wt, people I'd pay attention to, as opposed to this other blowhard. This was said ALL THE TIME, by the likes of Nitrobashers(Australian website) among others(including all of lstforums) people who were putting out video after video proving what worked. OK, maybe 40 or 45 in hot climates, but not more than that..
Wow, 6 years of running your trucks, vs me running and racing rc's since the mid 80's...........and regardless of your time spent tinkering etc.......it means NOTHING.

Regardless, thats like saying Mark Sanchez is a better NFL quarterback than say Andrew Luck or RGIII (FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW)just because he has been in the NFL for 4 years vs. 1 for the 2 rookies mentioned..............what a joke that would be.

Honestly, years in a hobby does not not determine skill level in terms of mechanics or driving skill, or the ability to properly set up of a specific roller. I know plenty of people who have been in the hobby for years, who still to this day are poor in terms of mechanic and maintenance skills..........and I know a few who have only been the hobby for months who have a natural knack and talent that far exceeds the latter mentioned.

Your "thumb" post in one sense sums it up nicely.

Now past the bullcr@p you just spewed in your last post, big jumping with very heavy springs, will work best with heavier weight oil. I have 70wt. on hand that I use occasionally for one of my bashers for the rear while upping to 60wt. in the front. Again, its all about real world knowledge of setting up shocks. Which you have IMO displayed no real knowledge on.......not when your saying really soft silver stock springs are good for 40-45wt. while yellow springs which are much stiffer are good for lighter weight oil. That just doesn't fly..........you need to spend less time here on rctech.......and actually spend time learning how to properly set up your rollers...........something that after 6 years......you obviously still lack........Mr. Sanchez.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

none taken herr. i am here on RCTech predominantly to enjoy the good friendship in good faith, exchanging ideas/experience about our MT/RC hobbies and respect one another's opinions/experiences. .
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Something I don't lack is video proof that I've actually bashed my trucks. As opposed to your overpriced shelfqueens. So who here is the obnoxious keyboard trash talker?

Furthermore, WHO else in the LST universe runs such thick oil?

Besides maybe aqeel here, whose explanation I would actually listen to. As opposed to anything you have to say, which is completely useless to anyone. Because honestly dude, you are nothing more than an irritating stain in LST threads and forums. Now get back to bickering with children and talking big on youtube comment threads..

Ignored.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Something I don't lack is video proof that I've actually bashed my trucks. As opposed to your overpriced shelfqueens. So who here is the obnoxious keyboard trash talker?

Furthermore, WHO else in the LST universe runs such thick oil?

Besides maybe aqeel here, whose explanation I would actually listen to. As opposed to anything you have to say, which is completely useless to anyone. Because honestly dude, you are nothing more than an irritating stain in LST threads and forums. Now get back to bickering with children and talking big on youtube comment threads..

Ignored.
Video proof? Video proof of what? Your poor running and handling rc's? LOL! Sure Sanchez.........you keep running that butt fumble play.

What I'd like to see a video on, is one where your STUPID enough to take a chunk of your thumb off. Think you can pull that off again? I bet its a common occurence for a person in possesion of 10 thumbs anyway.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Orrrr.. Lets see some vids of ntrain42's "bada$$" trucks. Cause in the last 27273738 posts from him i have yet to see one..
Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by revoman30
Orrrr.. Lets see some vids of ntrain42's "bada$$" trucks. Cause in the last 27273738 posts from him i have yet to see one..
I really don't post many pics or waste time with videos........I prefer to actually race and spend that time honing driving skills and setup, working on my rollers. Wasting time posting a "bashing" video in some parking lot,ball park or pit doesn't really show much of anything, no controlled environment, no time laps etc etc. There are a few RT members here that I see at RCX racing close to every weekend. They know what the deal is on my builds and how well they are setup. My time spent here is giving tried and true advice for parts and setup.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My time spent here is giving tried and true advice for parts and setup.
OK, walk me through the caster block installation?
You know, the ones I just got from New Era.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
I really don't post many pics or waste time with videos........I prefer to actually race and spend that time honing driving skills and setup, working on my rollers. Wasting time posting a "bashing" video in some parking lot,ball park or pit doesn't really show much of anything, no controlled environment, no time laps etc etc. There are a few RT members here that I see at RCX racing close to every weekend. They know what the deal is on my builds and how well they are setup. My time spent here is giving tried and true advice for parts and setup.
What a crock of crap!

You act as if you make your own parts and (in your own mind) win races with them You BOLT on the parts you BUY. Anyone with 1/2 a brain does the same thing daily. Anyone can buy a set up station or read a pro set up. I only see you posting in the MT section. Who races MT's anymore and where? Where is your off road 1/8th scales? Where's your on-road (anything you race) scales

Lets see those race results with your name on top, bolt on!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
What a crock of crap!

You act as if you make your own parts and (in your own mind) win races with them You BOLT on the parts you BUY. Anyone with 1/2 a brain does the same thing daily. Anyone can buy a set up station or read a pro set up. I only see you posting in the MT section. Who races MT's anymore and where? Where is your off road 1/8th scales? Where's your on-road (anything you race) scales

BINGO !
Old 05-04-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Markcuda
OK, walk me through the caster block installation?
You know, the ones I just got from New Era.
Wait a minute, just a day or 2 back you still hadn't gotten in touch with NE...........now you got em? From NE?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by got_nitro
What a crock of crap!

Actually, your right, anyone WITH a half a brain CAN buy parts or a setup station, bolt them on, read and copy pro setups(BTW, link me some "PRO" LST setups please........can't? )..........yet for all that cr@p you just spewed out of YOUR mouth and on countless other threads.........most people must have less than half a brain. Because most people(and most people copy setups from others here hoping to get ballparked)I see copying setups in this and other sections of the forums aren't very good at what you just said should be a snap.

I don't race anything onroad btw, I do SC, 1/8th Truggy and MT.....a few times I race my MT in the Truggy class, as I enjoy the extra challenge it poses. And I actually have quite a bit of hardware from racing over the past 2 years.........which is why there are times for months in a row I don't post on this forum........its because Im out racing, while jerkoffs like you pretend to be a king sh!t of a forum board spending half your day logged on here like a troll guards his bridge.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wait a minute, just a day or 2 back you still hadn't gotten in touch with NE...........now you got em? From NE?
Yes, I got them Thursday.
I wanted to call them to chew some butt about other stuff they are not making any more.
Like the XXL roll bar.
Like the aluminum steering knuckles for the XXL.
Like the rear aluminum caster blocks.

Here is a email I got from them Monday.
------------------------------------------------------------
Should you have any questions regarding this transaction, please contact us at 603-889-3576 or [email protected] and please reference the Transaction PNRef # noted above.

Thank you,

That phone number is NOT a in service number.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Actually, your right, anyone WITH a half a brain CAN buy parts or a setup station, bolt them on, read and copy pro setups(BTW, link me some "PRO" LST setups please........can't? )..........:
Cant? That's because NO ONE RACES MT's ANYMORE DOUCHE!

I don't race anything onroad btw, I do SC, 1/8th Truggy and MT.....a few times I race my MT in the Truggy class, as I enjoy the extra challenge it poses. And I actually have quite a bit of hardware from racing over the past 2 years.........which is why there are times for months in a row I don't post on this forum........its because Im out racing, while jerkoffs like you pretend to be a king sh!t of a forum board spending half your day logged on here like a troll guards his bridge.
If your set up is SO GREAT and SO MANY people look up to you (as you state) for a good set up on a MT, there would be more MT racers at your track and you would NOT be in a Truggy class with your MT! Nice try BTW, any race director I know would NEVER let a MT run in a Truggy class now a days!! You would be in a SPORTSMAN CLASS, Bolt on... No real Truggy racer wants to get on a track with a sloppy MT, strippy. Good one though, I wouldn't expect any more brain power out of you anyway..

I'm actually surprised you even believe your own bullshit..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.