Wiki Posts
Search

The Losi XXL has landed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default The Losi XXL has landed!!

Went and picked up my new baby today! Pics coming soon!

I bought the wing kit for the LST so i hope it fits, purely for looks, the body of the XXL leaves some to be desired. Also bought a set of Big Joes and Pro Line bead lock rims, i am either going to throw those on my LST2 or put these stockers on my LST2, unsure yet what i am going to do but..

I'M PUMPED UP ^^!!! Yea buddy! Can't wait to unbox her!

Anybody know what bodies will fit? A light modification is not a problem either.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Congrats.. Great truck.

For bodies, most of the Savage XL bodies like the Proline F650 will fit, if you like the truck look.. I think the old school Crowd Pleazers would be hard to find.. The HPI muscle car bodies should fit(cool looking, but not very durable..)

For Proline rims you'll need other hubs..

Wing kit fits right up(though maybe with a little effort..)

Threadlock all metal to metal screws.

And if you plan to jump a lot, you need a Dynamite engine brace...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Congrats.. Great truck.

For bodies, most of the Savage XL bodies like the Proline F650 will fit, if you like the truck look.. I think the old school Crowd Pleazers would be hard to find.. The HPI muscle car bodies should fit(cool looking, but not very durable..)

For Proline rims you'll need other hubs..

Wing kit fits right up(though maybe with a little effort..)

Threadlock all metal to metal screws.

And if you plan to jump a lot, you need a Dynamite engine brace...
No jumping just yet so no need for that just yet. Why do i need proline hubs? It's just a regular 23mm hex isn't it? I bought the Dynamite adapters? It's the burnt orange 23mm Commando Weld beadlocks.

Note: They have a crowd pleazer body at my LHS, they actually had a LST2 to which is what you see on my LST2 in the pics, got it very cheap, it was hiding behind a bunch of other bodies.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

The LST2 and XXL have 20mm hexes.. Not sure about adapters..
Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

great choice dude. u will enjoy the XXL.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
The LST2 and XXL have 20mm hexes.. Not sure about adapters..
Yea, Losi with their weird factory sized hexs, i think i have 17mm adapters on my LST2 right now.. I should be fine with what i bought..

@aqeel200, thanks man, i know i will, it's a Losi..

Well i opened the box just a minute ago and boy, she is a fat @rse! which i love btw, the LST2 is sort of a fat butt too!

They forgot to include the wand for my starter, i refuse to even try and use the pull start with break in, it's cold here again and im not even trying to battle that. The body, where they cut it out for the engine, is cracked in one corner, not happy about that, once a crack starts, well yea, you get the point.

Not sure what to do about the body or wand, any suggestions?

Also, shouldn't the truck move freely backwards? It will not roll backwards, i do not want this truck if it won't spin backwards freely when the throttle is not applied.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats.
Keep us all posted on the issue and stuff.
I pick mine up the 23rd, I all ready got bling bumpers
Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, i was rolling her back and forth today, breaking loose the diffs n stuff, she is rolling but something is still binding lightly, took off the gear cover, looks like the bell is getting bound a little by the clear cover at the bottom... Oh and i found my wand lol, it pays to read the manual before making yourself look stupid on a public forum. I am thinking about breaking her in today, it's cold though and windy so i might get my 8t out and drive it some more..

Also, the mesh seems a little tight, of course i could be wrong..

Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Holding the CB tight, wiggle both spurs and make sure they click a little..

The plastic cover is no big deal. Move the brake linkage with your hand so the plastic arm next to the transmission is as parrallel to the tranny casa as possible. If it's still binding after that you could have a diff issue of some kind.

Some people like to take the engine out and clutch bell off, and spray the clutch and bell down with brake cleaner, as apparently they sometimes come with oil all over the place, which is not good on clutches...
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's rolling good now m8, just a "light" bind and i can hear it coming from the bell rubbing the plastic.. I always check all my linkages before doing anything when i get a new truck.

I still think the mesh is a little tight..

Do they make metal spurs for this thing?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Herrsavage Holding the CB tight, wiggle both spurs and make sure they click a little..

nice to see someone else uses my method lol..

they make titanium nitride gears for it.. pricey but worth every penny

http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB3428
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

I personally would differ about tini gears. Plastic spurs are just fine. I think I've stripped a spur once in six years with one LST2, and maybe four with the second, and that was just because the engine shifted.. You absolutely don't need tini anything IMVHO.

Tini spur gears destroy clutch bells btw. Plastic really is just fine.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, i was ready to break her in, took the plug out to find BDC, put a drop of after run oil in and made sure the spin/pull start was working and there is a problem..

When i use the spin start, the pull start unravels. I bumped it for like a millisecond and noticed the pull start went slack a little so i then bumped it over a for a few seconds holding light tension on the pull starter, just enough to make sure it wasn't unraveling inside the case, sure enough, it unravels all the way!

So that's the bad thing, the good thing is, Horizon Hobby just blew me away with how well their customer service and support is!! They are sending me a new spin/pull start and a set of sway bars for free! Finding good customer service for anything in this world today is like pulling teeth, i honestly didn't expect that kind of service from Horizon Hobby but they damn sure proved me wrong.

Even though i can't break in my new toy yet and it's been a slight inconvenience, i am still very happy i went with Losi and Horizon Hobby, it's sort of cold here so maybe it's for the best that i wait until my parts get here, i mean, it's not like i don't have 7 other trucks to drive lol.. Oh yea, i forgot about my 8ight T
Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Good purchase man! I LOOOOVE my XXL, and although I just sold my LST2, I loved it too! Killer rigs!

As for the faulty pull start, that's a bad deal, but at least Horizon stepped up! Good on 'em!

That gear mesh does look tight to me... Maybe back it out a hair. As for TiNi gears, they are pricey, and honestly, NOT needed! I've converted to BL, and still running the same plastic gears that were in the truck when I bought it four years ago!!! And I don't run a gear cover! So ya, save your cash, invest that spur money in some aluminum bellcranks, and spindles. I found bulletproofing the front end was WELL worth the money!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, i was really just poking around with the spur gear comment to see if people would suggest it or not. The HH deal still blows me back a bit, i mean yea, thats a good sized chunk of change to drop on a little scale truck but still, i am very pleased!

I got my 8ight T out today and ran it for like 5 minutes, way to cold lol, it was like 30 degrees with 25 MPH winds on top of it, way to cold! I hate Ohio, it's nothing but cornfields and terrible weather, i miss living in Florida.

I love my LST2, been thinking of converting it but i can't help myself, i just love nitro, it's something about it that makes me act like a little kid lol..

The deal with the spin start still boggles me, knowing how it works, i can't figure out what would even cause that, makes me wonder if there will be drag from the spin start when it's running. I will know when my other one gets here, hopefully they are prompt with shipping like they was with helping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.