Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
I use Raypseed springs. Would a change to the SSS shockbodies a good choice instead of the standard?
Depends when your spinning. into a corner off power - thats a one way for you! hope your not trying to brake! try adding some creep maybe to your tranny. a stock motor braking effect is much higher than mod so upsets car quite easily. on power - try adding some rear toe or lower the rear roll centre and maybe less steering lock.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racingbod85
Depends when your spinning. into a corner off power - thats a one way for you! hope your not trying to brake! try adding some creep maybe to your tranny. a stock motor braking effect is much higher than mod so upsets car quite easily. on power - try adding some rear toe or lower the rear roll centre and maybe less steering lock.
Yep,

when I am entering the corner it spins. I run 2 degrees rear toe in. I run 11 turn motors.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Increase your rear toe to 3deg and see what happens. the car is rotating too much with a 2deg block.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

How much droop you have? try 5 at front and 4 at the rear. what oil are you running too? try 50 front and 40 rear trinity oil and ray speed 3 hole piston front and rear.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Yoki on the RUG

OK, here's another challenge to throw into the mix. I'm about to begin the carpet season with my brand new LCG First problem; 28MM foams rub on the rear shocks and on the steering blocks. Shims make the car too wide. Any suggestions? Other than sticking with the T2 for carpet that is. I'm determined to make this car work on the rug but, I'm getting very little support from Yokomo USA and can't read Japanese.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default foams

double post sorry
Old 09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default foams

LCG is an absolutely great car..
if you're gonna run rubber tires on carpet the car will be great...and pretty darn durable.
foams will be a bit hard to setup for....you have to find a way to counter the flex from the top deck...or use it to your advantage.
I used 1.25 shims on all four corners and low profile wheel nuts, the foams didn't touch after that or just cut the wheel down to 26mm.

it's absolutely pretty car to look at...
if yok would only release a revised top deck....it would be tops.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm gonna try setting it up soft and using a firmer foam tire (maybe purple - purple orange) to losen the car up at the ground. Someone said earlier that the LCG is a noodle and they were right! I don't recall ever seeing a car with this much flex but, I agree, it is very pretty and beefy too.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I`ve been running the lcg on carpet since the kit came out. it will work quit well. I use the parma tires as they don`t rub as other brands seem to.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

i used the plaid and purple...the pink and double pink foam just had too much gip for the car...and I kept the tire traction sauce very light.
also started shocks very soft...
tried a few variation of shock oils...i went with 50 front..30 rear..springs rayspeed gray and white in the rear.

everything else i just pulled from the BD setup sheets....used Masami's original setup then worked from there..
play with the setup..you'll find the right combo for your track.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Can anyone point me towards a good medium traction rubber carpet setup for the SD SSG? This is the standard Yok version...no Rayspeed upgrades or anything...

thanks!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Here's something to remember about carpet and rubber tires...Don't go stiff on the springs with an ssg chassis, I would start out with a good outdoor (asphalt) set up, do run the sway bars front and rear, go softer on the springs front and rear (try going to the next softest spring). on the rear block try a 2.5 in the rear, Next is body's...Yes they are very important on carpet. remember what works with foams does not necessarily mean that it's going to work on a rubber tire car, I tried the G6, Stratus 3.0, Alfa, never seemed to work well with the tires I wanted to run, car was very lose and other than making some radical changes it did not work very well. I tried running the Mazda6, Stratus 3 ap, they all had to much down-force and the car would not seem to rotate well in the turns, I tried the Nemesis and for the set up I like to run it was very good... I used to own a carpet track and all i did for a year (20+ hrs a week practice) was try set ups, different bodies, tires...etc... What I did figure out is cars that are a bit flexy like a softer set up than what you would think, but you do need to use sway bars to keep the corner speed up (stays flatter in the corners) But for rubber start out with your outdoor set up, go a bit softer on your springs, If your track wont allow you to use the Nemesis try the Ride TSX, works well also.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

yap!!! Soft setup if your running rubber tire, and used regular swaybars F/R don't used the thick ones. This setup works pretty good on CRC carpet especially on "xxxkat" carpet track . Damn I missed racing on carpet.

xxxkat,

I think all the guys is already planning to start racing during the day sometime around next month. I think that it for me no racing until my work schaedule chages.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SD parts

Hey all,
I have an SD and I need some diff parts pretty bad. I messed one up this past weekend and need to find somewhere to get parts before this Friday. I've tried Speedtechrc but with no avail. I know Steve is tops in service etc. but voice mailbox is full and no reply yet to email. Anywhere else in the states to get some parts? I'd like to have at least one new complete diff but want two. Thanks for any and all help. Email is best for me.

Heath
[email protected]
Old 09-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Yok USA

try Yokomousa.com
they do charge a bit higher than other distributors..

or try stormerhobbies.com
they are pretty good with the pricing...write the part number down you need then do a full search..they add a prefix to the part number.

or Horizonhobbies.com
so so...availability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.