Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: ..

Originally posted by junito yukiyu
i,ve been trying to put the stupid diff on mine and the akerman is giving me hell , I NEED HELP!! , if any body knows a trick or something , plesa share it!!

junito yukiyu

All you need to do to make the diff housing fit without hitting the 11 akerman is use the 4.8 mm ball ends, the same as the steering knuckle ends, and use the 4.8 mm ball cups. If you do this you shouldnt need to file anything, you may even have enough clearance to use the 12 if neccesary.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Tech Initiate

i,ve been trying to put the stupid diff on mine and the akerman is giving me hell , I NEED HELP!! , if any body knows a trick or something , plesa share it!!

junito yukiyu
Use longer screws and add shims as spacers to lower the ball ends to the point that the ball cups will not hit the diff. That is how I did it. Probbly can use the 12 Ack also now. Hope I helped. No need to buy extra parts or sand down parts.
only a few shims from your local hardware store.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:08 AM
Tech Initiate

junito yukiyu
You may also use 3mm nylon nut as spacer to lower the ball ends (one nylon nut for each ball end).
Old 01-25-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys,

I am wanting to buy a VoneRRR, where is the best place to get one from?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TRAJ
hehehe i had a RBv12 inline pipe set part number #01751-402K http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...oudes_inline12

and still wasnt get the speed i wanted
TRAJ, my FW has higher top end than my RRR (but the RRR handles better). I've been using the black Kyosho 5.2mm with the Kyosho manifold and never had top end issues. I hear that the Skyline pipe is good too.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

hehehe i had a RBv12 inline pipe set part number #01751-402K http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...oudes_inline12

and still wasnt get the speed i wanted
I tried various pipes, all gave loads of low and mid power but none gave any top end, but then I fitted the Kyosho one piece pipe VSW024, which was 20mm shorter than any other pipe tried, and after 2 hours of re setting the carb (having to lean out both top and bottom) I now have plenty of revs and plenty of speed, and still get out of the corners quicker than most. And the best part was the extra fuel economy, 8-9 minute runs.
I'm currently running a 25T 2nd on a 45m straight (cant find a 24T), still got 26/27/28T gears to play with.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by NiMo
I'm currently running a 25T 2nd on a 45m straight (cant find a 24T), still got 26/27/28T gears to play with.
What tire diameters you're playing with Nimo?
Old 01-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
What tire diameters you're playing with Nimo?
Either Sorex Rubber or out of the box Foams, so basically large tyres 63-65mm
Old 01-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default ..

Use longer screws and add shims as spacers to lower the ball ends to the point that the ball cups will not hit the diff. That is how I did it. Probbly can use the 12 Ack also now. Hope I helped. No need to buy extra parts or sand down parts.
only a few shims from your local hardware store.

thanks.. does anybody have pic's of it??
the problem i have is.. that i'm the only one that i know off that have that car in Puerto Rico as of right now!! , i know it sounds funny but.. a lot of people that i know got it on order.. thax angain!! pics??!!
Old 01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

That's it Nimo, gear down to go faster.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nah i havnt run the RRR at Moorebank yet but i am very excited to

I`m looking forward to racing the RRR at Moorebank, but at this stage looks like it`ll be the 20th March meeting when it makes its debut there (shift work )
In the meantime I`ll have to make some sort of decision on what pipe to get....interesting to see the comments made here about pipes. Thats the one thing about Moorebank.....as much as you need top-end its also nice to have some serious bottom-end for the slower parts of the track
Cheers
Old 01-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

no need for pics.!! it's done!! ,thanxs!!

yukiyuuuu!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AndyT ©
I`m looking forward to racing the RRR at Moorebank, but at this stage looks like it`ll be the 20th March meeting when it makes its debut there (shift work )
In the meantime I`ll have to make some sort of decision on what pipe to get....interesting to see the comments made here about pipes. Thats the one thing about Moorebank.....as much as you need top-end its also nice to have some serious bottom-end for the slower parts of the track
Cheers
Hi Andy yerp the best pipe ive found to give great top end at moorebank is the Mugen Sieki MID pipe 5.2mm stinger its great !!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-img1030842217.jpg  
Old 01-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone used the Skyline Racing 4mm Rear Shock tower?
Is it actually stronger than the stock one?
Is the KAWAHARA Rear Shock tower better than both?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Yes its much much stroger then the stock shock tower

I think it is just as good as the Kawahara one only cheaper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.