Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

All is can say is Wow. I traded my Mi4lp for a Top about a month ago and ran the car for the first time at Jackson this weekend. The car felt awesome but my driving was a little off. It's been 2 years since i've run ashpalt. I started 5th on the grid in the Bmain and ended up winning. The car was glued to the track. I'll be picking up a second car as soon as the new kit is available.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Another great race this weekend!! Held at Jackson raceway, in NJ. 150 entries and we had up to a D-main for the 17.5 class. With so many entries, they decided to run only 2 qualifiers and the mains.

TOP PHOTONS were running very strong all weekend! Spec tires were the Solaris "Hard" compounds. These were my first time using these tires, gotta tell ya they ran excellent, from the warm afternoon to the chilly evening temperatures, they held up really well. Also no sign of blistering like other tires.

I showed up early saturday morning, slapped the Solaris tires on and off to practice! My photon ran great from the start, made some small changes that Larry had mentioned. During practice it was a little hard to tell if the car was really fast because of the open practices and many drivers. So Larry and I said 1st qualifier is gonna tell ya if it was fast. I made sure tires were ready, and the car was squared off without any changes. First round started, and my car was real good and fast! After the first round, i was actually TQ with a 24 6:04.. PRETTY HAPPY but it was still early rounds and traction was gonna change eventually.

2nd round, majority of the faster guys went FASTER! I was surprised to see my TQ got crushed, one racer pulled off a 24 6:00!! Beating me out by 4 sec!! Man how was i gonna pull this off... Spoke with Larry for a minute.. He said "TAKE IT BACK!" funny that he said that! Anther buddy said to just leave it! The race before mine, a racer paced himself up to 25 6:10? probably now pushing me back to 3-4th on the grid. The traction must have gone up! Now it was my turn. From the start the car was great! Traction was up, and i can push the car harder and it stayed consistent!! Racing with Juan in the same last heat of the day. We were switching back and forth for TQ position! pushing the TQ pace to 25 6:06 i think, way faster than the posted TQ! when it was done, Juan had me by less than a 10th...NOW THATS CLOSE RACING!! Ron was also running a TOP PHOTON!

The Final.. from the start. I was in 2nd spot. The first 4 minutes, it was a freight train making it close racing! The leader made a mistake going wide just a bit, i was able to squeeze my car into the opening. Unfortunately he got stuck in a bad spot.. and when the buzzer rang, i crossed the line in first place! WOW!

GOTTA THANK LARRY, JASON FOR THE HELP!!
Thanks for TOP for a great car!!

btw, sorry for the long post!

Arv.

Last edited by RCFREAK; 04-26-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Another great race this weekend!! Held at Jackson raceway, in NJ. 150 entries and we had up to a D-main for the 17.5 class. With so many entries, they decided to run only 2 qualifiers and the mains.

TOP PHOTONS were running very strong all weekend! Spec tires were the Solaris "Hard" compounds. These were my first time using these tires, gotta tell ya they ran excellent, from the warm afternoon to the chilly evening temperatures, they held up really well. Also no sign of blistering like other tires.

I showed up early saturday morning, slapped the Solaris tires on and off to practice! My photon ran great from the start, made some small changes that Larry had mentioned. During practice it was a little hard to tell if the car was really fast because of the open practices and many drivers. So Larry and I said 1st qualifier is gonna tell ya if it was fast. I made sure tires were ready, and the car was squared off without any changes. First round started, and my car was real good and fast! After the first round, i was actually TQ with a 24 6:04.. PRETTY HAPPY but it was still early rounds and traction was gonna change eventually.

2nd round, majority of the faster guys went FASTER! I was surprised to see my TQ got crushed, one racer pulled off a 24 6:00!! Beating me out by 4 sec!! Man how was i gonna pull this off... Spoke with Larry for a minute.. He said "TAKE IT BACK!" funny that he said that! Anther buddy said to just leave it! The race before mine, a racer paced himself up to 25 6:10? probably now pushing me back to 3-4th on the grid. The traction must have gone up! Now it was my turn. From the start the car was great! Traction was up, and i can push the car harder and it stayed consistent!! Racing with Ron in the same last heat of the day. We were switching back and forth for TQ position! pushing the TQ pace to 25 6:06 i think, way faster than the posted TQ! when it was done, Ron had me by less than a 10th...NOW THATS CLOSE RACING!! Ron was also running a TOP PHOTON!

The Final.. from the start. I was in 2nd spot. The first 4 minutes, it was a freight train making it close racing! The leader made a mistake going wide just a bit, i was able to squeeze my car into the opening. Unfortunately he got stuck in a bad spot.. and when the buzzer rang, i crossed the line in first place! WOW!

GOTTA THANK LARRY, JASON FOR THE HELP!!
Thanks for TOP for a great car!!

btw, sorry for the long post!

Arv.

Congrats to Arv, Larry and the rest of the Top racers at Jackson. Arv, any chance I can get your set-up info? I am hoping to be back racing after my stupid trip to France... AUGH!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Important Update about the TOP GUN SHOOTOUT

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
I am going to order some event shirts for the TOP GUN SHOOTOUT. I will only shirts on a pre-paid basis. The front of the shirt will have a small TGS logo on the left chest area, and the back will have the TGS Avitar (attached below) and a possibly a movie quote from TOP GUN.

The cost of these shirts is $16 each.

If you would like to have one of these shirts, send me your Size and quantity requested and I will send you the PayPal info. If you prefer to mail a check the mailing address is listed below. The order cutoff is
April 30th.
There will not be any extras available at the track, so make sure to get you order placed if you want one.

Mid America RC Raceway
1409 E Parker Rd
Jonesboro AR 72404
I just wanted to remind everyone that this Saturday is the last day to pre-register for the TOP GUN SHOOTOUT. Entries after Saturday will be subject to a $10 late fee (one class only).

If you would like to pay your entry fees via PayPal, simply P.M. me the information requested on the entry form found below and I will P.M. the PayPal addy to use. You may also order and pay for your event shirts this way.

Things have turned around for the Nitro class as this class now has the largest number of entries!

I have been working very hard to prep for this event and its gonna be a good one. Once Im finished painting I will be posting some "teaser" pics of the new layout so stay tuned.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TGS FLYER DRAFT.pdf (325.9 KB, 77 views)
Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It doesn't say anything about the car other than the 2.5mm chassis and the aluminum battery mounts are not included.

Questions:

1. Will the US based kit still include the extra suspension parts?

2. Will the aluminum battery mounts ever be included?

Maybe these questions are better directed at TOP USA?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anybody have the part numbers handy for the CVD sleeves (not red) and the outer most part of the axle that it slides over? I'm curious if I can use them on a 416. I looked at the parts pretty closely and they seem like they'd be compatible.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Syndrome, TRP-PO-DT1007TI are the Titanium ones. Each pack comes with 4 and the pins. These seem to free up the cvd's because a set screw is not needed and the pin can rotate freely. Every little bit helps.

I'm going to respond to your pm later today also buddy.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Syndrome, TRP-PO-DT1007TI are the Titanium ones. Each pack comes with 4 and the pins. These seem to free up the cvd's because a set screw is not needed and the pin can rotate freely. Every little bit helps.

I'm going to respond to your pm later today also buddy.
Yes, another "small" tip that makes this missle a little easier to drive and wrench....
Old 04-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by danketchpel
It doesn't say anything about the car other than the 2.5mm chassis and the aluminum battery mounts are not included.

Questions:

Yes, the USA Spec Kits will still include the extra suspension parts. The USA Spec Kits will be the same as the International Limited Edition kits, but they will have the extra suspension parts added.

There are no plans at this time to include the alloy battery mounts in the kits. There are three lipo chassis: Standard, Stiff and Super Stiff. The Stiff chassis will be included in the International and USA Spec Kits.

All three chassis will be available seperately. They will also be available as a set with the chassis parts and the alloy battery mounts. The alloy battery mount will also be available by itself
Old 04-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danketchpel

Questions:

base on rubber kit ,
New Kit in next week release Limited ,
total has 2pcs main chassis
( 2.5mm STD main chassis & New Ver. LiPo Chassis )
not included Alum. battery mount .
Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone knows when the alu batt mounts will be realeased?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Anyone knows when the alu batt mounts will be realeased?
Next week !
Old 04-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Jackson Raceway A-main video 17.5 class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpSdg...9ca686c677bb71
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Jackson Raceway A-main video 17.5 class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpSdg...9ca686c677bb71
Maybe it's the dusky lighting, but that video makes 17.5 look faster than ever!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

actually that is pretty much the way we ran.... no camera trick or special lighting.

you gotta watch the 13.5 class!! whoa!!!

i will post as soon as it uploads..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.