Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rayrush
Hi, i have just finished building the ta05 v2 upgrade kit. The rear uprights have alot of play in the suspension shaft on the reversable suspension. Do i need to order special uprights?. I have seen 51333 and 53938. Will these parts fix the issue?
Did you install the plastic washers on either side of the upright? With the proper washers there shouldn't be that play
Old 08-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks, can't believe i missed that. Not emough sleep
Old 08-29-2010, 02:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

Hi Guys, I stripped the lower mounting screw out from the Right front upright when the half-shaft got jammed at full lock. I've equipped cvds up front to resolve this design issue, but now want to replace the damaged upright.
Can someone please confirm if the carbon reinforced TRF416 C parts (51332) is a direct fit for the kit item (51352)?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by durga dude
Hi Guys, I stripped the lower mounting screw out from the Right front upright when the half-shaft got jammed at full lock. I've equipped cvds up front to resolve this design issue, but now want to replace the damaged upright.
Can someone please confirm if the carbon reinforced TRF416 C parts (51332) is a direct fit for the kit item (51352)?
Yes, the 416 series, TA05ver.2/IFS & TB03 all use the same upright design, so yes they're interchangable....
Old 08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default IFS vs V2

What is the difference between the IFS and the Ver.II TA05 ?
Which one is better, if either ?

thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Firefox
What is the difference between the IFS and the Ver.II TA05 ?
Which one is better, if either ?

thanks

Ver2 is narrower
the center pulley is mounted similar to the old TA05MS
Old 08-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Yes, the 416 series, TA05ver.2/IFS & TB03 all use the same upright design, so yes they're interchangable....
Cheers for clearing that up Grizzbob! Opens up whole new directions in hop-ups for my wishlist!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Questions?? ESC Help

I just got the kit today and I still need to get an ESC.. I don't know anything about speed controls.
I don't know if this info matters but I'm going to be racing on a med. size carpet track starting out with the silver can in the kit even though the class is for 13.5 brushless. also be using 6 cell NiMH until I can afford lipos..
(I'll eventually get a brushless motor and ESC.. hopefully soon)

I was wondering if any of you guys knew and cheap/decent speed controls I could start out with or if there was a one that I could use on both the silver can and a brushless motor once I get one?

Are there ESC's that work on both brushed and brushless motors?

I called my LHS and they said they have one that's a "15 turn ESC for about $40" but thats all the info he gave me on it. I have no idea if that sounds any good..

any info helps! Thanks

Edit:
What's the difference between sensored and sensorless??
I am looking at brushless motor/ESC combos at hobbywing atm

Last edited by Zac_with_no_K; 08-30-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Zac,

Good idea starting out with the silver can motor. Take your time and increase your car's performance as your driving skill can handle it. I recommend you check out Novak. They have a couple of good speed controllers that they sell as remanufactured. They are as good as new and come with a good warranty. The GTB has a fan and has no motor limit for brushed or brushless. It sells for $80. The 2S has a 27 turn brushed limit, no fan and it sells for $60. I'd spend the extra $20 and get the GTB. You can use it for just about any class you may want to run in the future.

A sensored motor has extra wires that run between the motor and speed controller. They tell the speed controller where the rotor is in it's rotation. This makes the motor smoother when starting from a dead stop and at slow speeds. You will find that most of the high end stuff is sensored. I would recommend you go with sensored as well.

Does your track have a class that you could run in that your car would be more at home with the silver can? You are going to get run over by those cars with 13.5 in them. I started out in VTA. Pretty good place to learn.

Also, there is a very long thread here on getting the most out of your silver can. Spending some time reading there will be well worth it.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by woodys3b
Zac,

Good idea starting out with the silver can motor. Take your time and increase your car's performance as your driving skill can handle it. I recommend you check out Novak. They have a couple of good speed controllers that they sell as remanufactured. They are as good as new and come with a good warranty. The GTB has a fan and has no motor limit for brushed or brushless. It sells for $80. The 2S has a 27 turn brushed limit, no fan and it sells for $60. I'd spend the extra $20 and get the GTB. You can use it for just about any class you may want to run in the future.

A sensored motor has extra wires that run between the motor and speed controller. They tell the speed controller where the rotor is in it's rotation. This makes the motor smoother when starting from a dead stop and at slow speeds. You will find that most of the high end stuff is sensored. I would recommend you go with sensored as well.

Does your track have a class that you could run in that your car would be more at home with the silver can? You are going to get run over by those cars with 13.5 in them. I started out in VTA. Pretty good place to learn.

Also, there is a very long thread here on getting the most out of your silver can. Spending some time reading there will be well worth it.

Thanks, that helps a lot!

It's kind of a small club so theres not many classes but there is a novice/kids class.. it consists of about 5 7-10 year olds. their parents don't let them use full throttle(probably because they have trouble keeping straight). and is "run what you brung" so its off-road cars/1/12 scale etc. it's not a pretty watching these races..

So I think thats why they want to put me in the 13.5 brushless class..
Old 08-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Does anyone know if this will fit?
Can I use the gears that came in the kit?
It's the Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System 13.5T/3300kV

h**p://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWLW9&P=**Missing Data**

sorry can't post links yet.

Anything helps, thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Yes that system will fit in the chassis, you will need bigger pinions to get the gearing right though.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Originally Posted by Skitee
Yes that system will fit in the chassis, you will need bigger pinions to get the gearing right though.
Can you recommend the sizes I should get?

I don't know how to shop for them or know anything about them

the track is carptet - med. size

anything helps! Thanks.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

You should be ok with an FDR in the 4.3 to 4.5 range

That's a 105 tooth 64 pitch spur gear and pinions between 46 and 49
Old 08-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skitee
You should be ok with an FDR in the 4.3 to 4.5 range

That's a 105 tooth 64 pitch spur gear and pinions between 46 and 49
Thanks!

Just wondering, would that be the same for all 13.5 motors, or just this specific motor?

Also, is there any way to tell if you built you diff. right or good? when I move S1 and S2 it feels almost a little scratchy, where I thought it should feel really smooth..? (I didn't glob the grease around the bearings/ washers, I just used a little.)

Last edited by Zac_with_no_K; 08-31-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.