Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
Oh okay, I never had any issues with gear covers. Heck I still have mine from my original team rc10t3... That thing is 15 years old.
Yeah only thing that kills those gear covers is if the pinion slides off and cuts a hole them. Which is why I made a 210 one of similar construction to the B3/T3
Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cm.stites
its a copy of the hobbywing 1s which is designed for 10th pan car and 12th scale wgt.and is designed more for 1 cell racing without the need for a booster. he can run it but why save 20 bucks or so to step up to a better esc if your gonna eventually have to replace a 67$ esc. the hobbyking 100 amp is a much more suitable suggestion http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ESC_1_10_.html .. theres a reason hobbywing/speed passion and a few other brands dont recommend using that esc for offroad.

or even this 120 amp http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Car_ESC_.html
absolutely is NOT a copy of the hobbywing 1s..It is actually an esc that can be bought under the Turnigy , or Toro name brands.It looks similar to the hobbywing 1s , but it does NOT use hobbywing firmware..I own 2 of the turnigy esc's.they look hobbywing, but they are not.The programming menus are layed out similar but are definitely not hobbywing, and the turnigy escs will NOT communicate with any of my hobbywing programming cards..I own a few hobbywing "knock offs" they all communicate and program with my hobbywing links, but the turnigys will not..
Old 03-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Not to bring up the subject over and over but this is irritating. I've had really good luck with the stock non-hd ballcups, the ones that come on the desc410. Been running them on both that truck and my dex. I needed to replace one due to an incident where someone ran into me, full speed, and actually snapped the turnbuckle. It left a chunk of turnbuckle in the cup. Finally found a set from some obscure hobby shop website. Installed them and they're like mush! No "snap" at all. They pretty much fall off if I breath on them. What's up with that?? I hate throwing money away.

In conclusion of my rant, I ordered up some RPM cups and TC5 studs. Wish me luck.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello all,

I am looking on changing from my TLR22 to the Durango DEX210 and I have a couple of questions.

1. Rear hex, can it be changed to 12mm (either Durango part of other maker?)

2. Will it fit the TLR / JConcept 22 Rear rims?

I would like to minimize the number of rims I need to buy.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woodsy144
Hello all,

I am looking on changing from my TLR22 to the Durango DEX210 and I have a couple of questions.

I would like to minimize the number of rims I need to buy.

Thanks
As far as I know, if you want to use other wheels, you'll have to make your own hexes, as the 210 hexes are on the inside of the pin, and the others (22, RB5) are on the outside. I did hear that the older 410 hexes were 12mm, bit I can't confirm this..
Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by woodsy144
Hello all,

I would like to minimize the number of rims I need tobuy.

Thanks
For the rear, use the J Concepts rear hex conversion, plus the mono wheel for the 22. I'm waiting for the Tresrey front axle for associated wheels.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

This might help, not mine but someone on here... Just posting....

it uses a B4.1 Hex kit.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by slow_jun
This might help, not mine but someone on here... Just posting....

it uses a B4.1 Hex kit.
It's mine...
Old 03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
To do the TC5 ball studs, should I get long heads or short heads?

cheers!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
It's mine...
ahhh, hope you wont mind... better if you post it your self, the pic i got is a bit small.... Thanks Raul

Last edited by slow_jun; 03-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Need some feedback from people running the Lunsford Ti Buckle kit.

Are you ripping rear ballcups on big landings or hits because the rear buckle is too short and doesn't have enough threads when using the 3rd outer camber link hole?

I've tried the next longest Lunsford link (2.25") but it's the thin version, and doesn't fit with the 4.8mm ball cups that come with the kit. I have Losi XXX HD cups that work, but don't have the right size ball studs for those cups.
-Would just need a small ballstud with the same threads as the Lunsford kit ones.

I also tried the larger TLR 22 Ti links that are longer, but again, don't have the right ball cups.

I'd really like to have a longer Ti link in the rear for the reassurance of not ripping out of cups.

Anyone know if Lunsford has either longer ballcups that would fit the 210 Lunsford kit, or is there a longer Lunsford link that would work with the 4.8mm Lunsford cups?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Autocratic

Are you ripping rear ballcups on big landings or hits because the rear buckle is too short and doesn't have enough threads when using the 3rd outer camber link hole?

I've tried the next longest Lunsford link (2.25") but it's the thin version, and doesn't fit with the 4.8mm ball cups that come with the kit. I have Losi XXX HD cups that work, but don't have the right size ball studs for those cups.
-Would just need a small ballstud with the same threads as the Lunsford kit ones.

I also tried the larger TLR 22 Ti links that are longer, but again, don't have the right ball cups.

I'd really like to have a longer Ti link in the rear for the reassurance of not ripping out of cups.

Anyone know if Lunsford has either longer ballcups that would fit the 210 Lunsford kit, or is there a longer Lunsford link that would work with the 4.8mm Lunsford cups?
Pm me your # and we'll chat..
Old 03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by slow_jun
ahhh, hope you wont mine... better if you post it your self, the pic i got is a bit small.... Thanks Raul
Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

On a side note:

Got the bulk of my titanium screws I ordered last week in.

I was lazy and didn't bother to weigh the screws themselves, but before I tore down, the buggy weighed ~1640g. I just got done putting everything together, still have a good number of steel screws left, and even added the Tresrey front bulkhead, and I'm down to 1593g.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic

You need "Super Duty" (3.5mm) turnbuckle from Lunsford.

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=8797

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.