Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
.3 seconds could of come from ANYthing. The slightest improvement in your driving line could yeild you more than .3 seconds.
True but when your litterly following him around in his path and getting inched here and there it would appear to be timing and point of corner entry.
Not to mention were talking time of 20+ consistently average laps not just a single fast lap or two.

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
i agree,

but would like to know if miller was faster as well when braking or slowing down sooner.

I am just trying to explore the possibilities of the rs that is all :-)
Yeah I picked up a good chunk of the difference, still a little off with the occasional brain fart but yes I'd say most of the difference was picked up as well as a cooler motor yielding even less fall off at the 7 minute mark.

Originally Posted by or8ital
Don't let Miller fool you. He is a national contender as well. Just a hair off the guy I think he is probably referring to.
Thanks or8ital, I try my best to just have fun....and yeah I refer to the Bearded Wonder. But even further back when I came out of 'RC retirement' I was always searching for Fixes to a problem till I gave the car to a local fast guy and he procedded to run 2 laps faster than me with my own set-up, From then on I have consistered driving approach as much as car set-up.

In the long run when all else fails let some one else drive it, even if they don't have the answer they may see a different version of what's happening.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miller tyme
In the long run when all else fails let some one else drive it, even if they don't have the answer they may see a different version of what's happening.
I totally agree on that one.

Well maybe i should consider the earlier braking / coasting thing as well. I am just exploring the possibilities. If it works out like you said it worked out with you then i will try that as well :-)
Old 05-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, it is quite popular amongst a lot of quick racers to set their brake strength quite weak, allowing them to be more consistent with their braking instead of over braking.

In your situation, what you could do – for example would be to set full brake to match the braking you feel with Drag brake(DB) enabled. You’d remove DB and then essentially whenever you would normally return to neutral you return to full brake, giving you the braking you’re comfortable with – however when you do wish to coast you just go to neutral – this gives you the amount of braking you prefer and the extra control of the coast option.

But by all means play with Push Control(PC) and DB – DB only activates on neutral throttle, and PC holds throttle for a short period of time. Once the PC winds back to neutral DB will become active. It might take a bit to get used too, and you’ll need to let off earlier than you’d normally do to accommodate for the extra push period, you might find you can combat that with a higher value of DB.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
.3 seconds could of come from ANYthing. The slightest improvement in your driving line could yeild you more than .3 seconds.
Dont say that on the 1/12 thread .
Old 05-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, i got to run the new software at our Memorial day race last weekend at Jackson NJ Raceway in Touring 13.5 and Wgt 10.5. Ran flawless in both classes giving me a TQ and win in both classes. The new software offers acouple different things. I call it Kers for any of you F1 guys LOL they call it turbo. We are still working on some stuff to make these new tuning options the best possible. I just ask you guys to be patient right now until it gets completed. It not far away. Its worth the wait. The best thing about Tekin is when they release a new software upgrade u dont have to buy a new speedo like the other companies.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Do I gotta put a blinking light on my car to show when it is safe to touch it? LOL
Old 05-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

thats only for marshals u have to learn the special release of the controller... lol
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default e-mail

Jeff,
you have a PM.

Robert
Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Hey guys, i got to run the new software at our Memorial day race last weekend at Jackson NJ Raceway in Touring 13.5 and Wgt 10.5. Ran flawless in both classes giving me a TQ and win in both classes. The new software offers acouple different things. I call it Kers for any of you F1 guys LOL they call it turbo. We are still working on some stuff to make these new tuning options the best possible. I just ask you guys to be patient right now until it gets completed. It not far away. Its worth the wait. The best thing about Tekin is when they release a new software upgrade u dont have to buy a new speedo like the other companies.
How big was the track you raced at? It felt great at Speedworld and I hope to get back out again for Billy's next club race. Also....what size rotor did you use?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

145 by 60 and 12.5
Old 05-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

I love this 12.5 rotor. I tried to put it on my pillow but my wife said I was crazy I used about 15degrees of timing on the motor full boost and full turbo and a FDR of 5.5
Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

just keep an eye on temp
Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

We watched it very closely the entire weekend and I think the hottest was 155. This was with a fan on the motor.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

temp is key with brushless motors
Old 05-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Team Tekin

No worries on the green box. A small oversight on our part in the Hotwire leaving some of the new stuff in it for the current driver beta test software. We are looking for a value that is not there in 198 and older. It is letting you know you do not have the newest software... but the newest software is not there to update to. It is not hurting anything but is confusing. We will likely replace the current version on the web without changing rev. Come download it again next week and the green box will be gone.

Congrats to all at the Reedy. Tekin had a great showing and the turbo software is looking good.

PS those that snuck a copy of 199 will not see a green box on the 3-25 hotwire

YO Cuffs I have something new for you to check out tommorrow

Tekin Prez

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.