Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Just hope HPI gets with the program and fills the pipeline again, or a lot of ppl will eithe be out of VTA racing, or unable to even start. Personally, I'm glad I still have 2.5 full sets of tires from the racing I did a few years ago. I'll run em till the foam inserts are showing through, even if they wear down to complete slicks before then.
Yeah, kinda sucks. I'm in dire need of front tires for my VTA. I keep my car 100% USVTA compliant and I'm not really liking running the tires I have as they are worn to the point of barely having any recognizable tread on the inner 1/3. I've had tires on BO for weeks now.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
So, we're trying to get VTA, among other onroad classes, going on Friday nights at N 2 Deep RC Raceways track, but the lack of tire availability is killing us! Stupid HPI not keeping up with demand! Damn shame we can't also use these tires: https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=HPI102993 and https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=HPI102994 as well. Same size, same rubber compound, just different tread pattern. These, at least are widely available. But I guess its not worth opening that can of worms, making ppl have both kinds of tires cuz one 'might' be better than the other. Just hope HPI gets with the program and fills the pipeline again, or a lot of ppl will eithe be out of VTA racing, or unable to even start. Personally, I'm glad I still have 2.5 full sets of tires from the racing I did a few years ago. I'll run em till the foam inserts are showing through, even if they wear down to complete slicks before then.
I found a properly distributed coating of Shoe Goo can keep 'em going for a while... But seriously, why not a house rule allowing the "performance tread" during the shortage and gradually phase them back out when the supply is good? Tires don't last forever. This is exactly the reason you get complaints about spec tires when a class gets popular. But there is no reason the local tracks can't adjust. I don't think it's a can of worms, just adaptation.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got a set here :
http://store.rcspeed.net/catalog/adv...vintage+racing
Old 01-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Last edited by wwddww34; 02-01-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I think there needs to be a caption that reads, "¿Quien es mas Macho?" somewhere in your tough guy montage. But then you'd need a picture of Lorenzo Lamas in his long hair days to complete the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrC136cydlw
Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

VTA FAQ

1. Why can't we use the Performance Vintage Tires from HPI?
A. They suck. Seriously, one of our guys bought a set to see what the difference was... we didn't even have to mount them to notice the rubber is super thin and the sidewall is flimsy. Another issue is the transition from tread to sidewall. It's close to being a 90* transition.

2. Why can't HPI keep up with demand?
A. Snowbirds is this week in Orlando. Those racers stocked up ahead of time.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
VTA FAQ2. Why can't HPI keep up with demand?
I tried explaining that to some guys locally that just got into RC racing, and more specifically VTA. I guess I got lucky with being able to find a set locally, had to call around just a bit. Someone with HPI needs to take these races into account though, and bump their projections / forecast up at certain times throughout the year. The class is doing well it seems, but not being able to find tires is a problem...
Old 02-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pejota
VTA FAQ
2. Why can't HPI keep up with demand?
There is around 20 entries at the birds for vta ... thats no reason why HPI ran out.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
I checked on the ROAR web page and found my Team Orion Carbon Pro 5000mah 90C batteries are on the ROAR Approved list. But they did not come with the "ROAR Approved" sticker on them. Does anybody know if and how to contact Team Orion so that I can get some stickers to put on my two Team Orion batteries?
my Reedy 35c 5000 pack didn't have the ROAR sticker either, so i just assumed it wasn't legal - but as long as the RMT can see the part number, they can confirm that its a legal pack and you should be ok...I believe (and I could be wrong), the Gen Ace packs don't have ROAR stickers on them, but the part number is there and they were allowed

I know I saw a few packs that didn't have the stickers on at the Nationals in July - but they went thru tech (cause the had the 'verification' stickers on them)
Old 02-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
my Reedy 35c 5000 pack didn't have the ROAR sticker either, so i just assumed it wasn't legal - but as long as the RMT can see the part number, they can confirm that its a legal pack and you should be ok...I believe (and I could be wrong), the Gen Ace packs don't have ROAR stickers on them, but the part number is there and they were allowed

I know I saw a few packs that didn't have the stickers on at the Nationals in July - but they went thru tech (cause the had the 'verification' stickers on them)
Fyi my gens ace batteries do have a roar sticker.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Fyi my gens ace batteries do have a roar sticker.
ok...I thought I saw them without a sticker, like i said I could have been wrong (and obiviously was )
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Check out these awesome videos of last Saturday's VTA Races at Mike's Hobby Shop:
1st Qualifier: http://youtu.be/JQuHKvYPuuM
2nd Qualifier: http://youtu.be/ebQXNqQ7WJw
3rd Qualifier: http://youtu.be/m5a5-6VdL3c
A-Main Video: http://youtu.be/NXtyJH2F794

BTW, Do you have a favorite VTA color? I am selling custom colored (dyed) 8-spoke VTA Rims. A full set of colored rims is $22.00 shipped. Go to the sale link here...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/custom_color_VTA_Rims.html
Old 02-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tires and batteries ...come on guys.

HPI went with different order system per say. That's why the other tires are everywhere. "Order person" thought that was the tire we used. It is straight now and tires will be on the shelf shortly. Have patience, mistakes happen

There are still plenty of legal roar batteries out there. I'm here at Snowbirds and I'm using a 4100 smc and sitting in tq. I've seen venom Gen ace and ten other brands. They are out there.

Have patience.

Hey Eric who do I need to see about the battery here. I would like to try one out.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Tires and batteries ...come on guys.

HPI went with different order system per say. That's why the other tires are everywhere. "Order person" thought that was the tire we used. It is straight now and tires will be on the shelf shortly. Have patience, mistakes happen

There are still plenty of legal roar batteries out there. I'm here at Snowbirds and I'm using a 4100 smc and sitting in tq. I've seen venom Gen ace and ten other brands. They are out there.

Have patience.

Hey Eric who do I need to see about the battery here. I would like to try one out.
Not being impatient. I'm just in the market for a new pack and would like to know what the options are going to be if the rules do change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.