Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello all,I would like to ask if you guys you have an extra PRO4 shock tower(front)and I will buy it just PM me.Thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pro4 Hop-ups

I Bought a lot of Hop-ups for my Pro4 to make it perform better and look good.
Good to Say it looks like a Pro4 now than what I did to it before.
I made my own specs and modifications... and so far it worked for me in most Races. though with the new replacements and Hop-ups I got... I think the Handling of the Car made it tougher for me to make the Car Run Straight.
I Got a NEW Hara Upper Deck, Lower Deck, Gear Bulk, Alu Camber Link, Delrin Rear Diff., Spool, Dogbones, Carbon Shafts, Alu Shock Stay, Titanium Screws, and a lot of Minor Ho-ups....
GeeeeeeZ! it felt like I was Driving someone else's Car... I could not feel the Grip and Ride... I need to adjust my Driving again and adjustments with the Car.
I suggest that you go easy with the hop-ups you will make with your Car...sort of place it one at a time and see the Handling changes so it would be easier...
Now I have to learn to adjust to the New Sooped-up Pro4 I made....
So Far Spool is working great for me...

Old 05-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by junbantay
I made my own specs and modifications... and so far it worked for me in most Races. though with the new replacements and Hop-ups I got... I think the Handling of the Car made it tougher for me to make the Car Run Straight.
I Got a NEW Hara Upper Deck, Lower Deck, Gear Bulk, Alu Camber Link, Delrin Rear Diff., Spool, Dogbones, Carbon Shafts, Alu Shock Stay, Titanium Screws, and a lot of Minor Ho-ups....
GeeeeeeZ! it felt like I was Driving someone else's Car... I could not feel the Grip and Ride... I need to adjust my Driving again and adjustments with the Car.
I suggest that you go easy with the hop-ups you will make with your Car...sort of place it one at a time and see the Handling changes so it would be easier...

wouldn't it been cheeper to just buy the Hara Edition Pro4?
Old 05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by junbantay

Basically, you made the car stiffer (not to mention heavier ) with those aluminum parts and the carbon items, also. Try softening the suspension - this should help bring the handling around for you.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
now that Tamiya is set to release the new Evo-V
and Yok has the SD-LCG . both cars having low CG and aluminum bulkheads

Wonder if HPI is working on working a similar concept..presumably the Pro5?
Yup, HPI is on its way designing their new shaft driven tourer. The Pro5! Sources say that it's still uses the C-Hubs, knuckle arms, suspension arms and some other Pro4 & Cyclone parts.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
Yup, HPI is on its way designing their new shaft driven tourer. The Pro5! Sources say that it's still uses the C-Hubs, knuckle arms, suspension arms and some other Pro4 & Cyclone parts.

great
Old 05-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4

Great! Can't wait for the 1st peek! I just hope they go back to the original design for the steering knuckles - this latest version is way too brittle!
Old 05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I need some help guys. Are TC3 dogbones a direct fit for the Pro4? INcluding the steel pin that goes in the outdrive? I used to own a Pro4-but I cannot remember.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Ray..

yes a direct fit.. I used the TC4 HD bones on mine...
Old 05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default HPI PRO 5

Have I read correctly!? Is HPI really working on the PRO 5, or is this a joke? Can I please see some evidence of this? Maybe there is an article about this, or is this inside info from HPI drivers or something? What's the source? Thanks!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Pro 4 Interchangeble parts

Does anyone know of anyother parts we can use on the pro 4 from other manyfacturers like Associated, Tamiya, Yokomo, etc. Maybe their shaft car parts can also work on the pro 4, since sometimes Tamiya and Yokomo have interchangable parts...Has anyone found diffs from other kits that fit the pro 4 or anything else? Thanks....
Old 05-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh man that's cruel... really a pro5?

Or are you pulling something here? LoL!.. then agian, i'm not sure that i'm all that excited. There's not that much that can change to the basic design right.

Got any solid specs?
Old 05-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Does anyone know of anyother parts we can use on the pro 4 from other manyfacturers like Associated, Tamiya, Yokomo, etc. Maybe their shaft car parts can also work on the pro 4, since sometimes Tamiya and Yokomo have interchangable parts...Has anyone found diffs from other kits that fit the pro 4 or anything else? Thanks....

The T2 steering knuckles fit with a .025" shim.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AngryAsian

Or are you pulling something here? LoL!.. then agian, i'm not sure that i'm all that excited. There's not that much that can change to the basic design right.

Got any solid specs?
basic design may not change but I could invision the Pro5 with a lowered top deck and aluminum bulkheads like the original prototype Pro4.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Have I read correctly!? Is HPI really working on the PRO 5, or is this a joke? Can I please see some evidence of this? Maybe there is an article about this, or is this inside info from HPI drivers or something? What's the source? Thanks!!!
Originally Posted by AngryAsian

Got any solid specs?
Yes, it's true. No pulling of legs here. The Pro5 is coming out mid of next year. My sources are our friends from the HPI distributorship here. They are in the Japan Hobby Show now in Shizuoka.

There are no definite specs yet but I'm sure it will be showed as they progress with the design. As said earlier, the C-Hubs, knuckles, rear hubs, suspension arms, and other parts of the Pro4 and Cyclone will still be used on the Pro5. The Pro5 will be the new competitor of the new Tamiya Evo 5 and Yoke SD.

Just to clarify, Pro4 parts are still manufactured and available at almost any cities in the world. HPI would not stop its production yet because of its demands from the consumers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.