Old 01-13-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Tuned 9 port

Here it is...........
Attached Thumbnails BP racing engines-produc9.jpg  
Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

I have a BP engine with CNC machined body. It is an onraod engine. What engine is that?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ioxqq
I have a BP engine with CNC machined body. It is an onraod engine. What engine is that?
You have the engine series before the latest BP lineup. I think all the internals are much the same. Now the cases are more of a conventional type.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

BP manufactures its own engines, not based on the other brands. A Main should have them up on their site real soon, engines are already there.

I'll try to get some pics of the sleeve and crank, but you can see them on the bpracing.it site. Try this link: http://www.bpracing.it/parti/motore-...cdba99ffa3d823 scroll down and click on the thumbnail to enlarge.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

The on road tuned and standard engines are the same except for the case, head, sleeve, crank, and rear bearing. The rod, backplate, front bearing, carb, button are the same.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

I did take a closer look to these new line of engines and I must say the prices are impessive, under the 300 euro for a standard 935R and 120 euro for the 935 P/S/R set did impress me a lot.
I still wonder why they do not compete on toplevel in the Europian races. Is it the engine or the lack of a good driver or tuner/devellopper?

Can someone give me some messurements like the crankpin and diameter of the sleeve?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Roelof
I did take a closer look to these new line of engines and I must say the prices are impessive, under the 300 euro for a standard 935R and 120 euro for the 935 P/S/R set did impress me a lot.
I still wonder why they do not compete on toplevel in the Europian races. Is it the engine or the lack of a good driver or tuner/devellopper?

Can someone give me some messurements like the crankpin and diameter of the sleeve?
BP Racing canīt compete with the other brands , because BP is not at their level for my opinion . You can get a good engine if you are lucky but I got 3 of the new one and I have to say that I was quiet disapointed . The tuned got less power as the standart one . The Crankpin was gone after 2 hours of use .

If you will get a very powerful engine for a good value , I can recomend you SPM Vega Scud . Impressive bottom power and very good tops . The materials are very very good . After 6 hours my Vega is like new . No wear at all .
Try it . And try the BP too ....But you will see the differences

And if you got money to spend , than take Max Power .
Old 01-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

No Vega for me, I have seen them a few years ago and for the Europian tracks they are to slow, unreliable and the carburator was crap. OK, I do not know today's version but again they are not listed on big Europian races.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Will you have a .12 engine and BP pipe sets? See you guys next month at the KO.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

No on the .12's.

Blessedspeed- Speaking from experience, the tuned on and off road engines from BP are very good. The 335RBX has excellent power, and the 935RTC lasted nearly an entire season, well beyond 6 hours track time. Which engines did you get, what fuel do you use, where did you run, what car, etc.? I am curious to know what issues you had.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

To Roelof : You said it right . You dont know the actual engine from SPM . Its an amazing Engine and its fast . We got no problem to stand inrythm with the Nova Engines .
To Garen : I run a Serpent 966 . I use only the best fuel ....and this is my own mixture . Never had problems with my fuel and much more power than Collari or others because i use a special oil and finest Nitro .

Now . BP are nice engines , but not realy fast . Vega is not fast ??? No no . BP is not fast . On all my 3 engines I got always wet plugs . No one closed perfectly . And I used the original plugs . Than the tuned , specialy in long full trothle turns, stucks on rpm and dont pulled up like other engines ...like my SPM for example .
Roleof this year you will see the SPM Vega on the euro ....
For sure , the carb is not so good from the Vega but the Nova carb fits perfectly .

I dont know if BP worked on this problem !? I knew other driver with the same problem .

Most of BP Fans mean that BP Engines are at the same level like Max ....forget it .

And honestly ....Have you seen some BPīs on europeanīs or worlds ???
SPM is a factory which didnīt support any driver . therefor you will never see this engine . And how I know , Michele Baruzzi is using Vega Scud in Italy .
Old 01-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info. I have to say I have not had these problems with both my on and off road BP engines. You can even ask Steve (Birel8) on this thread, he has finished behind my BP many times last year ( Steve ). Now whether or not BP will have engines at the top of the worlds of euro's, I don't know or care. What I do know is the engines are working very well, very fast and dependable, and priced much better than most of the others.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Initiate

I dont know if it cares if a manufacturer got some engines placed in world or european champion ships . But how we can see , for Roleof it is important to see the engine on this championships . For me it isnt important because once you understand how does the buisness work , you will see that its only a huge mafiaorganisation .

I dont want to throw shit on BP Engines . I know the startings of this engines . It was the Black Hawk . An amazing masterpiece of mancraft with very innovative solutions . But the truth was that BP couldnīt stand on this and went to traditional solutions to enter the market . Now I got 3 of this new BPīs and my experience was that BP got the potential to get on Top , no question . But the faults I found on my engines are not evidence of a high level engine . I repeat ON MY ENGINES . I will not say that all BP engines must have the same faults .

We have tryed the SPM Vega last year and the results is that after 6hours of use , I got no wear at all . The engine was free after 3 hours of use so the Power was encreasing from outroll to outroll . I cant say nothing bad about this engine . And, important to say is , that we were at the same speed like all others that uses max and novarossi engines .

Maybe I will try again the BP engine . For now I returned my engines to my dealer . Wīll see whatīs the result .

And a last word to Roleof . I dont know how many years of experience you have . I have about 25 years of experience . I tune all my engines by my self . I will say that so much drivers think that they got a very fast engine . But most of the times it is only immagination . I can say and speek from experience , that the most engines on the market are all good and powerful . Take a look on the new OS Engine . An Amazing powerplant.

When you got problem with your engines and the differences between one engine and the other are huge , the problems are in the most case on your car and not on your engine .

We for example have modified all our fueltanks . Because with the original fueltank , we got no power .
Its not ever a matter of the engine but of the complete package .

And for last I will say that I tuned an Engine for my Friend . He is a Rookie and he get a 5 Port Novarossi engine . The engine was 3 Km/h faster than a TQ Max from his firend . Now you can believe or not . I dont care . But the very fast engines are in hand of the Top Drivers in the world . Not in our hands. We can only try .
Old 01-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Lord

I have about 20 years experience, I also modify engines but do keep the fast racing engines I buy alone because I do think they are fast enough. I design and make parts for my cars and am involved with the devellopment of an engine.

Yes, listings in important races is important, it does say something about the performance and also about the will for improvement. If no topdriver is listed as a team driver I do think the performance and devellopment stays behind or even at a low level. (as example you can see this with clubracers if there is no fast driver to learn from)
I know that even a Flash tuned you can get at any shop is still fast in the hands of a WC finalist but can a BP (or Vega) reach that same performance in the same hands?

Then there is a difference between Europe and the US. In the US a lot of tracks are short/small so an engine with more toque is needed while the high RPM's are the way to go fast on Europian tracks and ofcourse the gearing and setup does count with the performance of an engine so that is why I do say "in the hands of a top level driver"

Do not get me wrong, in the past in Holland we did have "the Ridder", a small engine company with a nice engine but the hired drivers wern't the fastest and smartest and the topdrivers in Holland would not dare to drive them on the races because the lack of performance.

And there is lifespan. A very important factor in the hand of drivers who just have to save money on this hobby. I am aware that lifespan and performance are not going hand by hand, I do see that with our engines and that is taking time. Ofcource this does not tell anything about the performance of the BP or Vega because I do know it can be improved but it has its price.

I am a die hard Novarossi user because I do know what I get (also the known problems) even if I can buy 2 BP engines for the price of one Flash but like to experiment with engines if it is within the limit op my budget. If the PS set of a 935R does fit a Novarossi crankcase (I have a lot) then I would try a PS set for just 100 euro.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I knew the Ridder . Its a long time ago . I dont get you wrong . And of course Novarossi is the Engine to Beat . But Novarossi got its price .
I will only say that there are some good engines too on the market . I get the Vegas for a good price and we are not slower . The BPīs are difficult for me after the experience I made with my engines .

For example ...I got 2 SM X21 from Schepis . I payed the engine 185 euro . Its an impressive engine . Very fast and very solid .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.