Search

Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blown1940
Hi Guys

I'm having issue with lack of braking even when compared to other 747's i have quite a lot less braking. I have just looked at the pads that are fitted I have 1 yellow and 1 gray is this correct?

Thanks
Thought this when I built mine that the braking action was less then I expected in the pivot of the brake post in the bulkhead and it felt like you had no brakes as a result.

Also had issues with the 2 speed shaft and the bearings going over it, it was like the shaft thickness tolerance was slightly off.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

Hey guys, thought id just touch base and say gday to all,
I have a fresh 747 i built up a couple of weeks ago, just playing around with final small touches, aligning spur/pinion 100% and getting my SRS-N body painted etc..
Mine went together really nicely, no issues at all with the build from bag 1 til the last bag, my braking feels really good in every aspect..the real test will be on the track though I guess as always..
Also, If anyone has a spare front oneway kit they want to sell, I'll snap it up straight away..Til next time..
Ryan
Old 05-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Just got my new brake pads and both have gray material on them so I will wait and see how it goes on Sunday with them in.

Is it possible that there is 2 different compounds?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Update

Brake issue fixed, Tyre wear has been lowered now I am just trying to get rid of some understeer once that's done I will be happy.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys does anyone know at what track conditions would you use a solid axl front and rear and a one way for front?regards
Old 05-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Changing Of The Guard!!!!

After years of running a K car I have decided to get a 747 what are the things I need to know about this car options & all!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carkillaii
After years of running a K car I have decided to get a 747 what are the things I need to know about this car options & all!!!!
Congrats on the new ride. Make sure you pick-up a bias weight for the underside of the chassis.

Pass you soon...
Old 06-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael_T
New 747 options??

Low shocktower to be able to mount the RCM Super-Short shocks # 160124 and this lower center of gravity. Continue to use your current springs, so special short ones needed.

http://www.serpent.com/product/804306

and

http://www.serpent.com/product/804305
Any feedback on these new option parts?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi guys, so I noticed that the engine rides too low so the aluminum plate that holds the clutch shoe rubs against the chassis when clutch is engaged... It doesn't rub when there are no shims behind the cone but if you put enough shims to find 100% contact with the spurs there is rubbing. With the stock engine mount the only options are either to not have 100% contact with the spurs (which reduces the lifespan of the pinions and spurs) or to dremel a groove in the chassis to make enough clearance...
Old 06-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi guys, so I noticed that the engine rides too low so the aluminum plate that holds the clutch shoe rubs against the chassis when clutch is engaged... It doesn't rub when there are no shims behind the cone but if you put enough shims to find 100% contact with the spurs there is rubbing. With the stock engine mount the only options are either to not have 100% contact with the spurs (which reduces the lifespan of the pinions and spurs) or to dremel a groove in the chassis to make enough clearance...
I slightly dremeled my chassis. If you run the 733 clutch(non-reversed) it will rub a ton!

Pass you soon...
Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I slightly dremeled my chassis. If you run the 733 clutch(non-reversed) it will rub a ton!

Pass you soon...
Ok. I ll do that but will also add .2 shims between engine and engine mount. I think that a slightly taller engine mount should solve the problem. I also noticed that there is less than .2mm clearance between the engine and chassis.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Ok. I ll do that but will also add .2 shims between engine and engine mount. I think that a slightly taller engine mount should solve the problem. I also noticed that there is less than .2mm clearance between the engine and chassis.
Maybe what i do with my xray can be a help?
I put the spurs on the clutchbell but don`t fasten it to the bell, i release the 2e spur a litlle and thighten it with the first spur. This way you can play with how far the spur are on the bell without lengthening the complete clutch. I do this to release the spurs on the bell with just the two spur tools. They won`t get too thight on the bell this way. Maybe this is a thing/idea wich can help. Could just be what you need to not have the clutchbell rub against the chassis.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by djiewie
Maybe what i do with my xray can be a help?
I put the spurs on the clutchbell but don`t fasten it to the bell, i release the 2e spur a litlle and thighten it with the first spur. This way you can play with how far the spur are on the bell without lengthening the complete clutch. I do this to release the spurs on the bell with just the two spur tools. They won`t get too thight on the bell this way. Maybe this is a thing/idea wich can help. Could just be what you need to not have the clutchbell rub against the chassis.
That sounds like a good idea, but on the centax WC clutch the pinions aren't in contact with each other.
Thanks though ;-)

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 06-10-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

That sounds like a good idea, but on the centax WC clutch the pinions aren't in contact with each other.
Thanks though ;-)
Hey,

Dont raise the engine, just dremel the inside of the chassis slightly.
BTW, car looked good yesterday.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Hey,

Dont raise the engine, just dremel the inside of the chassis slightly.
BTW, car looked good yesterday.

I didn't raise the engine, I realized that the engine needs to sit flat on engine mount because the crankcase of engine has some kind of flex when warm which can cause bearing failure if not perfectly seated in engine mount. I just dremeled a groove in the chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.