Like Tree20Likes

Official Tekin RX8 GEN2 ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Should be fine. What's the fan for?
Using it to blow air out the back of the e-buggy . The rx8 g2 never ran hot last year even without a fan . However I am getting ready to run in the 100 degree heat and figure some airflow won't hurt .
Old 05-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

To be honest, most of us don't run a fan on E buggy unless ambient temps are high, say 90+. Even then it's conditional. I would ask why that fan mounted in that manner vs the stock fan?
Old 05-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
To be honest, most of us don't run a fan on E buggy unless ambient temps are high, say 90+. Even then it's conditional. I would ask why that fan mounted in that manner vs the stock fan?
I got the idea from the 4mod pics I see drawing the hot air off their motors and blowing the air out the back . I agree with you that it is not needed and have decided to use it on my yz4 instead . This esc is very efficient !
Old 06-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredygump
I just had 2 rotors grenade on me, and I'm trying to figure out why.

I'm running a 4038 1350kv on 6S on a MBX7TR. On the first (original) rotor, the fiberglass wrapped around the magnets broke straight across, like it was cut along the edge of one of the magnets. The magnets came out completely intact, not broken. All 4 magnets separated from the rotor core, which came out by itself, leaving the magnets stuck to the inside of the can.

I wanted to keep running my truggy, so I pulled the rotor out of my 4038 2000kv motor in and put it in the 1350kv.

Now it's the next weekend, and half way through the third pack since the rotor swap, that rotor grenaded. This second rotor had a different failure. One of the magnets cracked toward the back of the motor. It looks like there was some rubbing, but I don't know if that caused the failure, or if it happened because of the failure. It looked fine when I installed it.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the second rotor when I installed it. And the bearings look fine.

I'm running an RX8 ESC, with torque set to 1. I was using a 15T pinion at the time, but had run a 16T on the previous run. Motor temps ended at 180F, so I went back down 1 tooth. I ran the 15T last year.

So yeah, what's the most likely issue? Is something wrong with my motor, or is it somehow set-up related? Should I be geared higher, despite the motor temps?

I ordered 2 new rotors last week, thinking I'd have a spare (out of stock... ), but at this point I'm hesitant to install a new rotor in the motor. I don't want to ruin another rotor if this is going to happen again.

New rotors I ordered have a stainless steel band around the back of the rotor, so looks like this type of failure has been addressed.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Randy, I am waterproofing rx8g2, what is a little pad iinside on the procesor? Kind of heatsink?
Old 11-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Kajman
Randy, I am waterproofing rx8g2, what is a little pad iinside on the procesor? Kind of heatsink?
The pad I think you're referring it white correct? or clear? If that's the question it's a spacer.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Will a gen3 case work on a gen 2 esc? Thanks
Old 12-17-2018, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by mcdanielbro's
Will a gen3 case work on a gen 2 esc? Thanks
With some modifications it can work. It isn't a direct replacement. I'm not sure myself where you need to modify the case top make it work.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello
trying to find 3D printer STL model for Tekin ESC
i need normal size for fan and ability to waterproofing with compound
Did anybody see such things ???
Old 03-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Team Tekin

You should .look at the Rx4 unit which is very similar in capabilities and is already waterproof.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok Thanks
I will check out this item

And one more question about T8
I have a problem with reverse
Sometimes motor does not start spin reverse without some help... or you need to turn motor shaft a bit and then press revers again and everything works fine

Is it able to fix with timing or any others settings?

small video with issue youtu.be/wohuKefFevc
Old 03-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by konstantin
Ok Thanks
I will check out this item

And one more question about T8
I have a problem with reverse
Sometimes motor does not start spin reverse without some help... or you need to turn motor shaft a bit and then press revers again and everything works fine

Is it able to fix with timing or any others settings?

small video with issue youtu.be/wohuKefFevc
I can tell in the video that one of two things is wrong here.

1. Your not getting a sensor signal back to the ESC from the motor.
2. Your reverse power is set too low, much too low.

What software version are you running? What radio are you using?

Old 03-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey!

Thought I’d post this here and maybe get some help...

[Copy and pasted from my thread]
Tekin RX8 Stuck in pit mode?

First run out ran it around for a little while, temp were fine. Took a hit to front left a arm (NOWHERE NEAR the esc) and the whole system shut off. Had that happen before with other escs, so I just let it rest. (Which has always worked with other companies esc) Plugged my batt back in, turned it on and it was suddenly in pit mode. Messed with settings, on and off, and nothing. So went to factory reset. AFTER COMPLETE RESET it’s still in pit mode. All my other settings were reset, but can’t get out of pit mode. It wasn’t even a hard it, there’s a chip off the a-arm and that’s it. Probably goin mid 20s. This was my first Tekin esc and I’ve gotta say not impressed so far. $350 setup lasts one run before giving me crap. I’ve used pretty much every other brand out there and only a cheap chinese esc ever did this to me, but it lasted a whole 2 runs! Any Tekin reps here? Gotta say, not a fan so far. Thought I’d give you guys a shot since so many people like you guys, but it’s biting me in the butt leaving Castle.

PLEASE HELP!
Old 03-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like you're not getting a signal from receiver. Check connections and if possible, even try a different receiver. Does the steering work .
Old 03-11-2019, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Steering works, and since in pit mode, the esc “revs” the leds when the gas is pressed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.