Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I see, so based on your reasoning....... any offroad clutches is "adjustable" in this case because racers can adjust the tension on each individual spring of the clutch shoe by using different thickness of the spring (0.9mm, 1.0mm or 1.1mm, etc) and Buku clutch uses the same principle of spring tension adjustment by using set screws for the sake of convienence. I just want to clarify that any offroad clutches are consider "adjustable" as well (based on your reasoning). Unless, we want to be more specific by using words such as "adjustable on the fly".....etc.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anybody selling a blackhawk 2 speed?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bassman2
I see, so based on your reasoning....... any offroad clutches is "adjustable" in this case because racers can adjust the tension on each individual spring of the clutch shoe by using different thickness of the spring (0.9mm, 1.0mm or 1.1mm, etc) and Buku clutch uses the same principle of spring tension adjustment by using set screws for the sake of convienence. I just want to clarify that any offroad clutches are consider "adjustable" as well (based on your reasoning). Unless, we want to be more specific by using words such as "adjustable on the fly".....etc.
No Andy, once again you're not listening and wanting to start an argument.

Any externally adjustable clutch has a tuning advantage on the race track over a conventional spring type offroad clutch; because of the speed that it can be dialed into track conditions is much faster than changing shoes or springs. Hence affording more time between heats to prepare or just relax.

A guy with an externally adjustable clutch can tighten or loosen engagement by just turning screw(s) on the fly. As opposed to a conventional offroad clutch that must be opened up to make changes.

There's also a much more fine tuning window with externally adjustable clutched over regular buggy/truggy spring units.

In any case, the Werks & Buku clutches were made legal because they work well, last long and the owners of both companies came to the table when they were asked to help support GT racing's growth.

Instead of arguments about it with me, just thank your sponsor Dave for making a great product and supporting GT racing too.

Take care.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J-milz
Stopped selling them a while ago, was an excellent rig.

You can build your own using Evolva parts and VS058 clutch bell.
Center shafts depends upon if your chassis is IGT1 or IGT2 length.

Check with Lee at Winner's Circle, he should be able to help you.
Good luck!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
No Andy, once again you're not listening and wanting to start an argument.

Any externally adjustable clutch has a tuning advantage on the race track over a conventional spring type offroad clutch; because of the speed that it can be dialed into track conditions is much faster than changing shoes or springs. Hence affording more time between heats to prepare or just relax.

A guy with an externally adjustable clutch can tighten or loosen engagement by just turning screw(s) on the fly. As opposed to a conventional offroad clutch that must be opened up to make changes.

There's also a much more fine tuning window with externally adjustable clutched over regular buggy/truggy spring units.

In any case, the Werks & Buku clutches were made legal because they work well, last long and the owners of both companies came to the table when they were asked to help support GT racing's growth.

Instead of arguments about it with me, just thank your sponsor Dave for making a great product and supporting GT racing too.

Take care.
Arguing? Who was arguing? I thought we were just sharing and exchanging thoughts here on this great forum.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Really andy, all those underlined words in that rambling aren't argumentative in nature?

Dude, you know the adjustable clutches are better for track use.
You know it's easier to just turn a few screws in the flywheel to adjust the spring pressure on a Werks or Buku clutch, compared to having to take the engine out of the chassis, removing the clutch bell and changing the springs or shoes to make adjustments to a conventional off-road clutch.

Nobody is saying they're not legal at our events andy, just please stop trying to act like there's not a good reason you're using them in your car instead of using the stock buggy clutch unit that comes with your chassis from the factory. lol

Like I said before andy, thank Dave for making a really nice clutch set-up for racing and for helping to support GT racing's growth.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Arguing? Who was arguing? I thought we were just sharing and exchanging thoughts here on this great forum.
Just move on Andy, no point in putting coals on the fire.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 09-12-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

I was ready to drop in the engine, only to realise I need spacers. I ordered new motor mounts, 1mm and 2mm losi Alum. spacers(washer style). And ofna engine
mounts. do you think the engine will now fit with these spacers?!

Ps. I also got alum blue shoes, 1mm springs, blue flywheel, ofna clutch nut, bell shims...
I hope I am all set :s
Thanks for helping out a beginner.

Originally Posted by Modfriendly
I just bought a LRP .28. However, I am not sure if the stock clutch bell would fit this engine? Does any one know which two speed bell can fit?
Should i swap clutch set up as well? What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Stopped selling them a while ago, was an excellent rig.

You can build your own using Evolva parts and VS058 clutch bell.
Center shafts depends upon if your chassis is IGT1 or IGT2 length.

Check with Lee at Winner's Circle, he should be able to help you.
Good luck!
Thx!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Thx!
No problem, send me a pm with your email and I'll try to send you the original Blackhawk transmission instructions, so you can build the bullet proof unit for yourself, ok
Old 09-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Post #369 of this thread, shows the 2 speed you're looking for.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11728147-post369.html
Old 09-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Thx
Old 09-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

It appears that there is a cure for internet cancer!! LOL
Old 09-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
It appears that there is a cure for internet cancer!! LOL
Old 09-14-2013, 08:39 AM
CMT
Tech Rookie

Default Spinout

Last edited by CMT; 09-14-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Not on correct thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.