Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree25Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 03-14-2014, 12:43 AM
  #916  
Tech Regular
 
Yb2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St Lucie Florida
Posts: 328
Default

Originally Posted by BuddyBaja View Post
Thanks. Pretty easy with a light kit. Good thing about a GT8 body is you have tons of room.

And I agree, kyosho releasing a new body shows they won't be over hauling the platform any time soon. Some 16mm shocks and cvd's and a kit version would be nice.
Baja, you can install cvd's on your GT2...use the ones that come on the MP777...and Kyosho mells Big bore shocks for the GT2 and Aluminum shock towers if you so desire...GT1/GT2 is based off the MP7.5 chassis...the 777 was the upgrade that carried most parts over...The MP9 is a whole other design that really has no interchangeable parts...My GT1 race car is basically a MP777WC edition with a 2 speed tranny !
Yb2fast is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:55 PM
  #917  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
Baja, you can install cvd's on your GT2...use the ones that come on the MP777...and Kyosho mells Big bore shocks for the GT2 and Aluminum shock towers if you so desire...GT1/GT2 is based off the MP7.5 chassis...the 777 was the upgrade that carried most parts over...The MP9 is a whole other design that really has no interchangeable parts...My GT1 race car is basically a MP777WC edition with a 2 speed tranny !

I have the 777 chassis installed now and finally ordered that cvds as well. I didn' mean to sound like I was complaining . I love this car. I mean LOVE it. Lol. After the LRP.32 gives up the ghost I think I'll finally run a Novarossi or something better.

Any suggestions?
BuddyBaja is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:58 PM
  #918  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

Also trying to figure out how to prevent digging massive groves into the diff out drives. The rears especially are bad! Are there any upgrades available?
BuddyBaja is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 05:07 PM
  #919  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Cool stuff this past weekend at the brownsville brawl! My 8yr old son Marcus Cole TQd, set fast lap and won the sportsman main with his GT2! only mods were the trans upgrade, aluminum trans mount and 2 stage pistons! I had a REDS R5 in it and ran sweep 45 treaded tires on OFNA wheels!! He was the only car to run 18 sec laps!




Car handled really well, only problem i had was that if you hit anything on the front left it would spit the Cv out???? i tried everything to stop it but it just kept happening but only on that side??? At any rate the car will be for sale in a week or so PM me if interested.
MantisWorx is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 05:47 PM
  #920  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

You have the 2stage pistons for the gt2? ??
BuddyBaja is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 11:22 PM
  #921  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BuddyBaja View Post
You have the 2stage pistons for the gt2? ??
I made them a long time ago but didnt sell one set so i no longer make them!
MantisWorx is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 07:54 AM
  #922  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I made them a long time ago but didnt sell one set so i no longer make them!
Damn, that's a shame.
BuddyBaja is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 08:19 AM
  #923  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

I agree, Former Kyosho Guru Andy won the Airtronics event with them so they definitely do the job!


BTW the aluminum trans mount is a really good upgrade, makes the brakes work so much better
MantisWorx is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 04:18 PM
  #924  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I agree, Former Kyosho Guru Andy won the Airtronics event with them so they definitely do the job!


BTW the aluminum trans mount is a really good upgrade, makes the brakes work so much better
Any chance of hooking up (paid for of course) a fellow Texan with a set?? I LOVE them in my RC8.2e

I'll have to finally get on eBay and pick up the aluminum trans mount.
BuddyBaja is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 10:09 PM
  #925  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BuddyBaja View Post
Any chance of hooking up (paid for of course) a fellow Texan with a set?? I LOVE them in my RC8.2e

I'll have to finally get on eBay and pick up the aluminum trans mount.
It would cost alot to make one set of custom pistons, If you can get a few sets it wouldnt cost much more than a normal set but one set takes me about 2 hours from CAD to CAM to machine 1 set but only about 10 min extra per set after that!
MantisWorx is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
  #926  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

Let me see what I can do. Thanks
BuddyBaja is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 10:27 AM
  #927  
Tech Regular
 
Yb2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St Lucie Florida
Posts: 328
Default

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Cool stuff this past weekend at the brownsville brawl! My 8yr old son Marcus Cole TQd, set fast lap and won the sportsman main with his GT2! only mods were the trans upgrade, aluminum trans mount and 2 stage pistons! I had a REDS R5 in it and ran sweep 45 treaded tires on OFNA wheels!! He was the only car to run 18 sec laps!




Car handled really well, only problem i had was that if you hit anything on the front left it would spit the Cv out???? i tried everything to stop it but it just kept happening but only on that side??? At any rate the car will be for sale in a week or so PM me if interested.
Congrats Marcus....Gt2 is a very stable/easy car to drive due to the longer chassis.... some times depending on the track my GT2 will run faster laps than my GT1/MP777 car !... I never knew you had the 2 stage shocks for sale...I thought you never made any ! I would have bought 2 sets for my 2 cars : (
Yb2fast is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 10:46 AM
  #928  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Yea I announced them on this thread months ago and had them on the site for a month. If you guys can collectively get together and commit to 5 sets i can make them at regular price. The way my new machine is i have to make 6 sets at a time or its just a waste of time and materials.



Guys any tips on the stupid CVD coming out? I wouldnt mind keeping the car but it makes my son drive timid knowing that if he hits anything its going to break. For the life of me i cant figure out how or why it happens, i cant make it come out or even force it to come out.
MantisWorx is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 01:31 PM
  #929  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

Which cvds are you running? What end of the car
BuddyBaja is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 01:57 PM
  #930  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Front left, i got the car used so all i know is that the fronts are U joints and the rear are dogbones. I have checked the right and left lengths and they are the same.
MantisWorx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.