Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree25Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 03-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

About to dust off one of my old Kyosho GT1s to run here in Texas in our state series. The idea was proposed to me by a newcomer to the nitro game to revive the spec-engine class that was prevalent years ago in the early days of 8th scale Nitro GT. Going to do a 3-port rule on the engine as the "spec". If it is anything like it once was, it will be some close, IROC-style racing, which was a blast back in the day!!
Old 03-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question found a guy selling a gt2 Rs locally what a second hand sale price that is reasonable? It is totally stock with corvette body. Thanks for any info
Old 03-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by teo1213 View Post
Question found a guy selling a gt2 Rs locally what a second hand sale price that is reasonable? It is totally stock with corvette body. Thanks for any info
Old 03-13-2017, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone got a reliable and repeatable method of setting the IGW008 2-speed (more or less) exactly as they wish to? I got my way of working but I'm still loosing valuable track time setting a fully rebuilt 2 speed on the track, I was never happy with the counting the number of screw rotations. Plus, I can't see the screw and often don't have the nerve to adjust it outside (using in a different car) so I often end up competely removing it. Any tips? Also, how do you set the side play on the shoes with the small grub screw?
Old 03-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Smile trans adjusting

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis View Post
Anyone got a reliable and repeatable method of setting the IGW008 2-speed (more or less) exactly as they wish to? I got my way of working but I'm still loosing valuable track time setting a fully rebuilt 2 speed on the track, I was never happy with the counting the number of screw rotations. Plus, I can't see the screw and often don't have the nerve to adjust it outside (using in a different car) so I often end up competely removing it. Any tips? Also, how do you set the side play on the shoes with the small grub screw?
The best advice I've seen was a video that I believe was done by Serpent. It involved the removal of the trans to have visual confirmation of 'where certain gaps are in tolerances'. I would start with a trans that 'IS' working....close shift point etc. The video shows the setting 'feel and look' for spacing of 'go--no go' parameters. This is best explained in that video or being in the presence of someone that has mastered the method.

In essence, I'm saying that the 'number of screw turns' method never worked for me.

To make adjusting easier, try painting one of the screws white on one side of the clutch.....one for shoes and one of the 'grubs'.

You can't really get the overall picture and feel for the thing unless you see it out of the car and then the method can be done more rapidly (in race mode) when you've got 'the feel for it'. Once the grub screws are set (outside of the car), the shoes can be set while trans is in the car.

Try looking for that video on Serpent site. Sorry that I make it sound like pushing a chain through the wicket.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
The best advice I've seen was a video that I believe was done by Serpent. It involved the removal of the trans to have visual confirmation of 'where certain gaps are in tolerances'. I would start with a trans that 'IS' working....close shift point etc. The video shows the setting 'feel and look' for spacing of 'go--no go' parameters. This is best explained in that video or being in the presence of someone that has mastered the method.

In essence, I'm saying that the 'number of screw turns' method never worked for me.

To make adjusting easier, try painting one of the screws white on one side of the clutch.....one for shoes and one of the 'grubs'.

You can't really get the overall picture and feel for the thing unless you see it out of the car and then the method can be done more rapidly (in race mode) when you've got 'the feel for it'. Once the grub screws are set (outside of the car), the shoes can be set while trans is in the car.

Try looking for that video on Serpent site. Sorry that I make it sound like pushing a chain through the wicket.
Sound like what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to find the video. Anyone have a link?
Old 03-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Got a question my spur gears have slop they move forward and back a little is there a shim I can use to tighten them up ?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by teo1213 View Post
Got a question my spur gears have slop they move forward and back a little is there a shim I can use to tighten them up ?
SER110431 0.1mm x8x11
SER110432 0.2mm x8x11

This is what we use.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Oh thanks I think I actually got those spares for my cobra hahah perfect thanks desoto!
Old 03-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Seen rumors of MP9'S being converted, but no actual pictures or anything... anyone know someone that's done it or have pictures?

Last edited by noproblems209; 03-24-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, would anyone have a nice roller they're willing to sell? Also ship to Canada? Please
Old 04-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default Roller for exheliguy

Originally Posted by exheliguy View Post
Hey guys, would anyone have a nice roller they're willing to sell? Also ship to Canada? Please
Yes.....will send you PM with details.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Would prefer a long wheelbase with possibly a few upgrades. But upgrades not a deal breaker.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Would prefer a long wheelbase with possibly a few upgrades. But upgrades not a deal breaker.
sent you a PM
Old 04-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is the gt2 still made or is it discontinued?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.