Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
i found and i could be wrong but if your traction rolling the tiner chassis will help this the thiker ones make the car more dieled.
I was of the understanding that a 3mm chassis will create more grip because they flex more, if this is the case that would be why you would run a 4mm on this track as this track grips up very well once it cools a bit.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Any one got a stable setup for this car. I don't have a hudy so please try to make it as simple as possible.
Thanks
Old 09-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jhigga15
Any one got a stable setup for this car. I don't have a hudy so please try to make it as simple as possible.
Thanks
How we can give you a setup if you don't have the basic tools to measure ? ...... you need set up tools to tune your car in 1 mm or 1 degree increments.

Team SpeedMind and Team Magic have cheaper set up tools.

http://www.speedmind.net/Tools.htm

http://www.teammagic.com.tw
Old 09-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It is actually quite easy. On a 60mm tire, every 1/16th of an inch (+/- 1.5 mm) is about 1 degree as measured through the axle. You can gauge toe, caster, camber that way. Get a ruler, 200mm is just about 7 7/8 inches.

But for sure, setup tools are easier.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
I was of the understanding that a 3mm chassis will create more grip because they flex more, if this is the case that would be why you would run a 4mm on this track as this track grips up very well once it cools a bit.
its kinda hard for me to explain, on high grip the thiner chassis will flex yes but i find that the car will be slower and not traction roll that easy,but on high speed tracks the car is harder to drive,with the thicker chassis the car is more on the springs and not the chassis and if you use to hard of a spring you will traction roll.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

its kinda hard for me to explain, on high grip the thiner chassis will flex yes but i find that the car will be slower and not traction roll that easy,but on high speed tracks the car is harder to drive,with the thicker chassis the car is more on the springs and not the chassis and if you use to hard of a spring you will traction roll.
But a harder spring wont allow the chassis to roll as much creating less grip there fore less chance of traction roll. And yes the track is a high speed track hence the reason you would use the 4mm chassis.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

But a harder spring wont allow the chassis to roll as much creating less grip there fore less chance of traction roll. And yes the track is a high speed track hence the reason you would use the 4mm chassis.
you would think that but thats not how it works,on high grip and if your a ok to good driver go with 4mm mugen 1st then kanack chassis and a lighter spring will help in not to traction roll the springs the mugen guys allmost allways run is the light blue and there light,if you go to a heavier spring it will traction roll cuz the car has no side movment or not enuff,think of a family car it roll side to side alot,now a M5 its a more sporty car that can corrner a lot better and has less side to side roll BUT and iv seen this if you put realy realy hard springs on it the car can and will roll over now the family car is easier to drive and the M5 needs more attention to drive and the one with the realy hard springs you need 2 hands on the wheel at all times.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Ok well think of it like this a drift car has rock hard springs on it, why? so that it doesnt grip up, they dont want traction they want to slide. If you put soft springs on you allow the chassis to roll more therefore transfering more wieght to the tyres thus creating more grip. Then it also comes back to tyre compund choice and diameter.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Ok well think of it like this a drift car has rock hard springs on it, why? so that it doesnt grip up, they dont want traction they want to slide. If you put soft springs on you allow the chassis to roll more therefore transfering more wieght to the tyres thus creating more grip. Then it also comes back to tyre compund choice and diameter.
yes and they run very hard tires and there very low to the ground and you cant realy drive them on the road well you can but there a hand full and they dont realy go that fast,they drive on kinda short tracks.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MUGEN SEIKI Website is Down

is it just me, why the web site of mugen is always hard to connect, pages not loading properly.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BeBop
is it just me, why the web site of mugen is always hard to connect, pages not loading properly.
cuz SO MANY PPL READ THIS THREAD
Old 09-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

yes and they run very hard tires and there very low to the ground and you cant realy drive them on the road well you can but there a hand full and they dont realy go that fast,they drive on kinda short tracks.
I wasnt refering to the RC version. If you go and look at the photo of fukuda's car on the worlds thread you will see they were running stock springs which as you know are only one step up from the softest spring mugen make. i understand what you are saying but nearly everyone was using either 42 or 45 shore tyres and they were still having trouble with traction rolling. So the next logical step would be harder springs.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

what you guys' thought on the 4mm chassis ? i recently purchased one from 3 racing, i have yet to install but a little hasitate. i ve always thought that a thicker chassis could increase the overall rigidity of the car , but some of you mentioned a interesting thought on staying with 3mm as it allows chassis to " flex " hence increase traction during turns ? this is totally against my understanding could someone enlighten me on this ?

also will 4mm chassis alter the geometry of the car in any way ? i would think i probablly need to work on shock lengths and right heights but anything else ?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tag
what you guys' thought on the 4mm chassis ? i recently purchased one from 3 racing, i have yet to install but a little hasitate. i ve always thought that a thicker chassis could increase the overall rigidity of the car , but some of you mentioned a interesting thought on staying with 3mm as it allows chassis to " flex " hence increase traction during turns ? this is totally against my understanding could someone enlighten me on this ?

also will 4mm chassis alter the geometry of the car in any way ? i would think i probablly need to work on shock lengths and right heights but anything else ?
The chassis flexing acts like its own spring. What the suspension is doing can not account for all the movements of the car so the chassis flexing accounts for the other forces acting on the car. Just take a look at pan cars in electric. The Rear pod is allowed to flex, a lot I might add, but people don't really think about that as part of the chassis when in reality it very much is.

Changing to a 4mm chassis will change the roll center of the car and probably the center of gravity since you are essentially moving everything up. If it's milled down though to 3mm in essential areas such as where the front and rear suspensions are bolted down the the chassis which in most cases are the bulkheads,then you can retain the same suspension geometry.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

so "chassis flex" is not a bad thing afterall ?

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
The chassis flexing acts like its own spring. What the suspension is doing can not account for all the movements of the car so the chassis flexing accounts for the other forces acting on the car. Just take a look at pan cars in electric. The Rear pod is allowed to flex, a lot I might add, but people don't really think about that as part of the chassis when in reality it very much is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.