Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In no way was my posts directed at anyone in particular so Chris please do not think I was responding to you personally.

The one J-Werks spur we have here does not have a tooth number stamped or engraved. This may be something they have changed and we wound up with an earlier version. Thanks for the update on the tooth number.

I have also heard many good thing about the stock 48 pitch gears that come with the T2.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hey guys i found a spur gear( KIMBROUGH ) that would work you just have to file the chassis hole little.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
In no way was my posts directed at anyone in particular so Chris please do not think I was responding to you personally.

The one J-Werks spur we have here does not have a tooth number stamped or engraved. This may be something they have changed and we wound up with an earlier version. Thanks for the update on the tooth number.

I have also heard many good thing about the stock 48 pitch gears that come with the T2.
No problem at all Tony...I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't trying to detract from PRS or the other machined offerings.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blast
hey guys i found a spur gear that would work you just have to file the chassis hole little. ( KIMBROUGH )
I ran a Kimbrough on my FK05...it is a high production molded piece and as such, you can expect it to run slightly out of round and a slight degree of wobble...(that being said the one I used on my 05 was pretty decent...Kimbrough has beenin the business for years and has their process nailed down pretty well)

What I didn't like about the kimbrough was the extra width of the gear that made it necessary to modify the motor mount on the 05 and that the surface of the spur doesn't sit flush against the holder, instead you are bolding against standoff rigns around the holes...care should be taken not to over-tighten your screws or you could introduce a wobble...but yes....the hole pattern does line up...
Old 01-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
I ran a Kimbrough on my FK05...it is a high production molded piece and as such, you can expect it to run slightly out of round and a slight degree of wobble...(that being said the one I used on my 05 was pretty decent...Kimbrough has beenin the business for years and has their process nailed down pretty well)

What I didn't like about the kimbrough was the extra width of the gear that made it necessary to modify the motor mount on the 05 and that the surface of the spur doesn't sit flush against the holder, instead you are bolding against standoff rigns around the holes...care should be taken not to over-tighten your screws or you could introduce a wobble...but yes....the hole pattern does line up...
yes sir it works for now until PRS comes in and i just got words sec. ago it's here so i'll be picking up my new spur soon
Old 01-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

The RW Spurs thru P-Dub work great. They are thin and true, very good so far.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Yeah, only post rosie happy news about your T2 on this thread
lol Jack

just the opposite, everyone that has a problem should post it, it might be something the rest of us havnt noticed yet, but when the same person goes on and on every third or fourth post, its kinda like the little boy crying wolf, he lives close to rc america(or so he said in earlier posts)If I was as unhappy as he seems to be, I would just stop by there and see if they could resolve some of the issues bothering me, if xray cant make him happy, he might wanna consider another brand of car....this is supposed to be fun
Old 01-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TimXLB
Chris:

Hi,

I still haven't got a T2. too many other things going on right now. I would like to hear your input on the T2 tho. as I will have one for next season or later this year if Josh keeps his track open all summer long.

TTL

Thanks
Hi Tim,

You have PM
Old 01-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
lol Jack

just the opposite, everyone that has a problem should post it, it might be something the rest of us havnt noticed yet, but when the same person goes on and on every third or fourth post, its kinda like the little boy crying wolf, he lives close to rc america(or so he said in earlier posts)If I was as unhappy as he seems to be, I would just stop by there and see if they could resolve some of the issues bothering me, if xray cant make him happy, he might wanna consider another brand of car....this is supposed to be fun

If you are happy buying a "luxury" product and having to make comprimise after comprimise, you go ahead.

You seem to be easily pleased.

Just block my posts if they annoy you.

For the rest of you, I tried Tamale 1 degree rear hubs today, and the toe is still not even, so looks like its not the hubs.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Try another setup station and try measuring it with the car standing on it's rear wheels with a RPM style gauge and compare the results. Unless you ar using shims of a different thickness, I don't see how it could still be out. Also reverse the block and measure to be sure it's not the Tamale blocks. BTW when will those blocks be avail? Later
Old 01-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Could it be the arms then?
Old 01-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

crew, I bent a rear arm hinge pin on the w'end, cracked an ascentric plastic susp holder, bent two button head screws (that hold the ascentric holders to the bulkhead) and slightly damaged the alu collars that go inside the ascentric holders)

parts time.

main concern is the hinge pin. what will fit?

James
Old 01-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

If push comes to shove 3.0mm drill rod from your neighbourhod industrial supply store will get you by if parts aren't quite there yet...
Old 01-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

or you can buy fk05 hinge pins and cut them down.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Try another setup station and try measuring it with the car standing on it's rear wheels with a RPM style gauge and compare the results. Unless you ar using shims of a different thickness, I don't see how it could still be out. Also reverse the block and measure to be sure it's not the Tamale blocks. BTW when will those blocks be avail? Later
Using the ultimate hudy setup station, tried it on 2 different ones.

Swapped arms, same result, off on the left side....

The tamale hubs are not off, if you know larrys stuff, you will know its not them. Besides, when i swap from stock to tamale, the same mis-alignment is still there.

The tamale hubs will be availble very very soon, Larry said he was going to update his website today/tomorrow, but he looked beat, the Tamale production line had been going full steam late into the night for a couple of weeks!!!

He said he would post on here when they are available.

I have shimmed out the rear so it matches on the station....I am beginning to think its either the chassis holes or the bulkheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.