Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastrcracer
Where's the best place to get Kyosho parts online ?

We don't have a lhs that stocks Kyosho parts.
If you dont mind purchasing from overseas, then Rc-Mushroom are good.....orders take about 3 days to reach Australia from Hong Kong.
Cheers
Old 10-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jas1
Ziggy i didn't suffer any understeer at tibby running the solid, the 180 deg backed bend you could run round flat out and still take a tight line, and even the tight corner into race control not a hint of under steer but could hit the brakes as hard as you like.
It must be something else with my setup then. I'll do some testing at Ashby at the weekend

Cheers
Old 10-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default camber change...

Originally Posted by jas1
what sort of roll center are you running on the rear, if you use the lower position this gives a lot less camber change which maybe your problem, i generally run 2nd highest position, with a 3mm shim under the camber link on top of the hub, and usually get away with 3 degrees camber and 1 degree camber cut into the tyre

Hello
i am using the stock roll centre front and rear
the track i race on is a medium grip track, carpark type asphalt with some small bumps. i use 37 shore tyres but on hot days with high grip we use 40s.

is the standard roll centre high or low ?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrgsr
what could be somthing that im not doing wrong ? or something to look for

thanks heaps
John
Also check the balls on top of the rear hubs and the camber links to make sure they havent worn and created any slop.
Cheers
Old 10-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default camber..

na there all fine
the car is only a few race meets old
Old 10-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Bumper

Hello, I was thinking of changing from the Mugen to the V-one RRR but the thing that concerns me is the front bumper...does it have a front bumper? How do you keep from breaking parts if you dont have a hard front bumper?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dowg
Hello, I was thinking of changing from the Mugen to the V-one RRR but the thing that concerns me is the front bumper...does it have a front bumper? How do you keep from breaking parts if you dont have a hard front bumper?
It's really not an issue. The foam bumper absorbs most of the shock and works great. It is attached to smaller plastic bumpers and no one I know has any problems.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

i smacked a stalled car at the end of our straight at home just coming off second gear gliding through corner... cracked him square on... no damage done at all to my surprise. rrr seems to be fairly resiliant to any serious damage.

mrgsr
front std rollcenter is 2nd lowest (b upper) rear std rollcenter is 3rd highest (b upper) afaik these are the std settings...
Old 10-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Default Clutch Shoes

hey, has anyone tryed the red clutch shoe?

just wondering what characteristics or circumstances you would want to use the red shoe over the std grey shoe and how it differs from the grey one in clutch feel whilst driving?
Old 10-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I used the red clutch shoe on loose tracks, it smoothe's thing out but it's deciving because you "feel" the car is slipping when it's really not. I went crazy cause i thought it was my clutch setting. But once you get used to it it's feels good. less punch but make's for smooth driving.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

na there all fine
the car is only a few race meets old
When youre setting the camber, what are using to measure it? A camber gauge against the wheel, or a setup station?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep it has a front bumper (which you`ll have to trim to size to fit your particular body)....and it really stands up to some quite substantial punishment...its very good
Cheers
Old 10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default camber..

i normally use the rpm camber gauge

or sometime i use a setup station, i put the ride height gauge under the chassis, push down to the rideheight i want then set the camber.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

i normally use the rpm camber gauge

or sometime i use a setup station, i put the ride height gauge under the chassis, push down to the rideheight i want then set the camber.
You should really set your ride height before you set the camber.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

yeh i do set the ride height first

a q. about the setup station, is it possible to set the ride height with it ?
one problem i find is is et the ride height with the tyres im about to use before the next race. then i put the car on the setup station and the ride height is different ?

is that normal

thanks for all this help guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.