Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default FRENCH FRY car

Originally Posted by 5italkart
yes we all use the p8c just diff model year or version. great class ,fun racing with good guys. i'm the car with the orange nose, joe t is the other car and good old ned is in the other photo
Sorry to burst you P8C dreams, but the good looking car is Neds French Fry car getting ready to strike! Catch it if you can, Oh Yeah! I did, did you?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
With the track time we've had so far, we know that HP is not that much of a factor for pan racing (French guys allow 7- port motors). The good 3-ports are going away and the Motornica combos have 5-ports. I'm thinking for next year we open the motors up to 7-port also. I'd bet our 3-ports would still be more then enough! What do you think?
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
.........absolutely agree with the 7 port.........McNish said his 5 port Novarossi for his GT was had from Hammer for around 169 bux or so........now thats a cheap 1/8 class.........
Old 07-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

Not that I didn't want to be there. Oh yeah, we were all set, started packing stuff up, getting the cars ready to go, and suddenly I hear this huge wind.....

That was Friday afternoon. As of about one hour ago, power was just restored. We were running around all weekend getting generators going, had to drive 50 miles one way in search of gas for the gennies, etc. I had to move trees in order just to get off my road...it was an experience. We'd have been there had there been any way, but as such, we'll spend the next week cleaning up from the storms and restocking larders, so we'll plan to make the next race (provided some other crap doesn't come up.)
Old 07-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

http://rccar-guy.webs.com/
Old 07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Some numbers and a sticker or two makes one car look much neater then the other two.
Joe is right, the pan class is a blast! We just have to figure how to get Matt to make the jump to a car that will makes it threw the day. Don't get me wrong, his Ass RC 300 is fast, it just doesn't last. As a results, we have a fast driver doing allot of watching.
Speaking of Joes, I knew Joe Tuttle had a loose screw but not his car, let alone 3 of em.
Farmer, keep waitting!
With the track time we've had so far, we know that HP is not that much of a factor for pan racing (French guys allow 7- port motors). The good 3-ports are going away and the Motornica combos have 5-ports. I'm thinking for next year we open the motors up to 7-port also. I'd bet our 3-ports would still be more then enough! What do you think?
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
i have my kangaroo waiting soon as the 3 port dies. that gt motor scott has looks good too
Old 07-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry to burst you P8C dreams, but the good looking car is Neds French Fry car getting ready to strike! Catch it if you can, Oh Yeah! I did, did you?
1 more lap just 1 more oh well good times were had. yes matt needs a car so he can participate, i hate seeing 5 box's of stuff and he's on the sidelines. so neds back home resting up?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Not that I didn't want to be there. Oh yeah, we were all set, started packing stuff up, getting the cars ready to go, and suddenly I hear this huge wind.....

That was Friday afternoon. As of about one hour ago, power was just restored. We were running around all weekend getting generators going, had to drive 50 miles one way in search of gas for the gennies, etc. I had to move trees in order just to get off my road...it was an experience. We'd have been there had there been any way, but as such, we'll spend the next week cleaning up from the storms and restocking larders, so we'll plan to make the next race (provided some other crap doesn't come up.)
Glad you're OK!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Size matters!

Originally Posted by 5italkart
i have my kangaroo waiting soon as the 3 port dies. that gt motor scott has looks good too
Is that GT motor a .21 or a .28? The Kangaroo would work good. Joe, your racing is getting better every week and maybe 1 more lap would have done it, however I'm not sure Ned had kicked in his 4 barrels yet. Wish I spent a little more time checking out your glass chassis, I might have to do my own.
FLASH!! Daves S. P8C lives!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

My partner in crime (Tom) is still without power...he's currently running gennies for his daughter and her family, his place, and his mother in law. Lots is getting back to normal around here but there are a lot of places still without power, I'd heard it extended from Columbus Ohio as far as Charleston, WV. They say it wasn't a tornado but I have a hard time buying that, having seen oak trees uprooted. It's the longest power outage I've ever had...tomorrow I start looking for a whole house gennie that runs off natural gas, I'm not going through this one again.

Anyhow, I'd mounted a number of sets of rubber and had several diff/engine combos to try out. I mentioned on the GLC post that I got my order in from Edam and I've got a car for a raffle/prize, new kit. I also bit the bullet since I'll be driving one, and got one for Toms son Dave...I got about 800 bucks worth of parts, a lot of which fit Sheperd, Serpent and Mugen, and I'll be dragging that with me to races in case anyone needs parts. I say that because I read a post about someone on the sidelines, and wondering what I should drag for pan. I'm looking for a box trailer to permanently convert a la Dennis (thought his setup was pretty good.) For those running the old stuff like me, I've got some engines, pipes, gears for MRP, blah blah, but if anyone has any ideas on what else I should bring, let me know. I don't have diddly for Associated but I'll supply what I can.

Here's hoping nothing else keeps me from attending races in the future...now pardon while I go in search of some wood to knock on that didn't get blown away.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default For the record.

Matt, For the record, the 3-port NR motor (we've been running) with pipe and header was $165. The price to race a GT car, is way higher then a pan car. Lets not even talk work load. You're in the best deal already, you just need a car that is up action.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Matt, For the record, the 3-port NR motor (we've been running) with pipe and header was $165. The price to race a GT car, is way higher then a pan car. Lets not even talk work load. You're in the best deal already, you just need a car that is up action.
...and though GT cars look good in the pits, they are not as graceful on the track. I'll keep my 1/8th buggy in the dirt.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lon got my last NR vintage 3 port but I checked with motonica and they have more in stock, so I will get at least a couple more.

Last edited by garen; 07-05-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default glassing over

Is that GT motor a .21 or a .28? The Kangaroo would work good. Joe, your racing is getting better every week and maybe 1 more lap would have done it, however I'm not sure Ned had kicked in his 4 barrels yet. Wish I spent a little more time checking out your glass chassis, I might have to do my own.
FLASH!! Daves S. P8C lives!
i think next experiment with that will be more of a "sandwich" like the stock chassis. thanks for the compliment been working hard (at home) on set up too just concentrate on driving.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default Shopping

Originally Posted by garen
Lon got my last NR vintage 3 port but I checked with motonica and they have more in stock, so I will get at least a couple more.
I think I've bought the last one several times now, What? And there's more to come, good news
Old 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Help Ya!

Farmer, if you get that car from that guy, I'll help you undo everything he did wrong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.