Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kartermdb
Eric,

Ive been running my 200mm car down here and have been very successful with it. How much different will the new car be? Im curious if I will need to get the new one for snowbirds or stick with the same one I have.

thanks
Mark
I can agree with that statement. I've won the last last series race here and am leading the current series with the current car. I'd like to run the new car before making any car changes, but .... I believe if all works out the new car will be at Snowbirds and maybe more than E's.

If we get some testing, I'll put some updates out.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ill be at snowbirds regardless, its about an hour from me Ill run the new car if i cant get some version of the new one before then, Im not too worried, i just got this car a few months ago, and i have some changes I want to try for a state race next weekend, so we shall see. For me, the car really wont make a difference, I will make or break it.

thanks for keeping us updated
Mark
Old 10-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

hey E ygm
Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kartermdb
Ill be at snowbirds regardless, its about an hour from me Ill run the new car if i cant get some version of the new one before then, Im not too worried, i just got this car a few months ago, and i have some changes I want to try for a state race next weekend, so we shall see. For me, the car really wont make a difference, I will make or break it.

thanks for keeping us updated
Mark

We'll have the prototypes at the Snowbirds, but the production versions will not be available until september 2009

-E
Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
We'll have the prototypes at the Snowbirds, but the production versions will not be available until september 2009

-E
Any pics?
Old 11-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Any pics?
I've seen some parts, but not a completed car. We are talking about doing some testing before Snowbirds, so we'll see how the work goes. He just released his new Oval car which really has turned out well. I hope he can make the rear motor pods from this car work in th WGT car. Very brushless friendly!!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Any pics?
Still way too early. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag for a while

-E
Old 12-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Due to waffling on my part I'm stuck having to build an I-Force in near-record time (like, I'll probably be building it in the backseat of the lil' white funbus en-route to Minot) for a race.

Can anyone shoot me a good baseline setup for carpet. If you've got something you like on medium-ish grip rug I can take it from there.

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Scott,

Let me know how you are running the car for power ... 4 cell or lipo and what body you want to run, and I can get you a starting set up. I have a really good one for the E-Plex in FC, and still need a better one for the CORRC track.

Mark
Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default wgt

I am building the Darkside World Gt car. I want to run an Orion 4800 LiPo but the front center shock ball stud on the bottom side of the battery hold down is a problem.

Has anybody confronted this problem and figured out what to do?

I was thinking to JB weld the ball stud into the battery hold down and grind the bottom smooth.

Other suggestions?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fastforward
I am building the Darkside World Gt car. I want to run an Orion 4800 LiPo but the front center shock ball stud on the bottom side of the battery hold down is a problem.

Has anybody confronted this problem and figured out what to do?

I was thinking to JB weld the ball stud into the battery hold down and grind the bottom smooth.

Other suggestions?
I've run into the same issue. My solution was to use a CRC link mount that uses a 4/40 screw to mount. Countersink the top brace and your set. You might also have to rase the mounting tubes, rear brace and top motor deck, but it depends on the lipo. Orion 3200 - 3800's fit with out any mod other than the change for the shock mount.

I've put in a Thunder Power 5000 which has as big a case as you can find, just needed to raise the deck with the modified hold down.

I've been running this car for almost a year, so let me know if you need any more help.

Last edited by Grenade10; 01-14-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Bob,

I did exactly the same thing that Grenade did and it works awesome. If you look back a few pages on this thread you'll see pictures of my car. I didn't take a picture of the underside of the battery hold down but you can see how the mount looks from the top side. You can see I fashioned a LiPo tray out of thin aluminum sheeting as well . Once the battery is in there a bolted down, nothing short of disaster could make it move.

Good luck with you car

Mick
Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the suggestions guys. countersink, that will work.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Off to warmer weather!

We'll be leaving the 10 degree and snowing weather of Colorado for the sun and warmth of Florida. Darkside Motorsports will be closed from January 26th until Fabruary 5th while we attend the 2009 Snowbird Nationals in Orlando, Florida. If you are attending the race, be certain to stop by and introduce yourself at our location on manufacturer's row. Orders placed during this time will be shipped when we return.

-E
Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Good Luck to Darkside and all the Darkside drivers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.