Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
man im so close to just slapping a motor on the g4rs and racing it.

Im gonan keep it for sale for another month at $300 shipped for a brand new g4rs with battery pack anyone interested let me know
How much shipped to Queensland; Australia? interested.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

For the last few months we have been very focused on promoting the Team Magic electric powered products. We have been pretty successful in this effort (4th place at the Nats last month against the strongest competition in the country). We are now ready to start putting together a Nation-wide Nitro effort. What we are looking for is a core group of racers in different parts of the country to help us. Our primary focus is to support and reward all of the existing Team Magic racers. Our second interest is to spread the word and add new G4 drivers. Aside from the top level cars we are working with track owners to develop a "spec. class" using the G4JR RTRs. This is a great car and a great way to get new people into the sport. Not only is it an inexpensive way to start it is by far (IMHO) the best performing RTR on the market. In fact we are seeing a number of expert racers buying these just because it is a lot of fun without a lot of stress.

This effort is completely funded by Wolf Hobbies. We are not receiving any factory support in this effort so we are not in a position to give anything away. But we are in a position to offer great prices for kits and parts for those willing to help us get this going as well as incentives for people willing to take a leadership role at their track. If you know a track owner who might be intersted in our program please have him get in touch with us (our email is at the bottom of this post. Much quicker response than PMs). We are very open to your ideas as to how we can be effective and make it happen at your local track or club. We are very happy to offer assistance to racers in other counties as well. Feel free to email us with any ideas.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Longtime i no speak, but thought id say G'Day, today my bro had his first ever race in a club competition meet, it was a small field but he did well for a first timer..... He runs the OLD TM G4S with a Red Dot Picco engine that PattoJnr gave me over a year ago or so! - Its still going ok patto had a few tune issues but we sorted it in the end, the Radio was all over the joint in settings LOL

Anyways i might be making a return to RC again, working out on new car looking towards a new MTX-4R eeeek Or something else?????

Well hows everyone going? What have i missed in a year?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Guys,

Longtime i no speak, but thought id say G'Day, today my bro had his first ever race in a club competition meet, it was a small field but he did well for a first timer..... He runs the OLD TM G4S with a Red Dot Picco engine that PattoJnr gave me over a year ago or so! - Its still going ok patto had a few tune issues but we sorted it in the end, the Radio was all over the joint in settings LOL

Anyways i might be making a return to RC again, working out on new car looking towards a new MTX-4R eeeek Or something else?????

Well hows everyone going? What have i missed in a year?
Hi Kodak

Good to see you are getting that itch to go racing again!

Why are you looking at the Mugen? Was your last TM experience that bad? Seriously Team Magic do seem to have some quality issues with the plastic on there car. I am starting to think that my mighty GV BV1 has stronger plastic.... (Yes i did work on it last night )

BB
Old 04-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had an issue with my 2 speed falling off (again) at the end of the straight of my local track. Right when i was breaking. I don't know why this keeps happening, it also happened to me in my final at the state tittles and didn't finish Anyways when this happened my first gear spur fell off and it shaved half the teeth off it. I looked in my spares and i didn't have any left of the combo i was running which was 16/51 21/46 i only had a 45t and a 50t. Which should make it a bit snapier but also a bit slower at top speed. To sort of even this up could i use a pinion combo of 15/20 or would it just make it even more snapier but even slower at top speeds?

Does this make any sense to anyone?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
I had an issue with my 2 speed falling off (again) at the end of the straight of my local track. Right when i was breaking. I don't know why this keeps happening, it also happened to me in my final at the state tittles and didn't finish Anyways when this happened my first gear spur fell off and it shaved half the teeth off it. I looked in my spares and i didn't have any left of the combo i was running which was 16/51 21/46 i only had a 45t and a 50t. Which should make it a bit snapier but also a bit slower at top speed. To sort of even this up could i use a pinion combo of 15/20 or would it just make it even more snapier but even slower at top speeds?

Does this make any sense to anyone?
you got it the wrong way around. a 50t which is smaller will have less punch. and a smaller 2nd gear will make better top end. what system are you using on the ED ? there was teh G4+ with the washer and screw. i had this come off many times. best to use the RS plastic ED and use the C clips. safer from having the screw come loose.
how did you go at the titles ?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

for my G4, i always run 16/52 and 21/46; sometimes 21/45... for torque engines.
rev engines i'll use 15/50 and 20/45.

however it all depends on the track size.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
you got it the wrong way around. a 50t which is smaller will have less punch. and a smaller 2nd gear will make better top end. what system are you using on the ED ? there was teh G4+ with the washer and screw. i had this come off many times. best to use the RS plastic ED and use the C clips. safer from having the screw come loose.
how did you go at the titles ?
Yeah it's the washer/screw type. It's always at the end of a straight when i'm braking hard. I actually lost it but luckily Luis sola came to the rescue and gave me a kyosho one which fits. I have the plastic pulleys and shaft with the e-clips so maybe i will put that in.

I didn't go very good at the tittles. I just couldn't get the car to handle the way i wanted/needed it to and was all over the place, the new track was awesome but definatly needed more time on it I actually finished dead last, even a little 9 year old kid beat me

Originally Posted by keavze
for my G4, i always run 16/52 and 21/46; sometimes 21/45... for torque engines.
rev engines i'll use 15/50 and 20/45.

however it all depends on the track size.
It's an O.S tz i think you could class it as a rev engine not a tourque engine so maybe the combo will work ok. There is only one way to find out though i suppose, i will try and get to the track tomorrow if it stops raining
Old 04-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey freestyles - you should have asked ! we had spur gears etc.

On the Moorebank track with the Sirio we used 15/52 ( 7.59:1 ) and 20/46 ( 5.04:1 ) and were still accelerating as we entered the sweeper.

We were using 59mm rear tyres.

As a comparison , the cough Kyosho RRR drivers on almost every track use 16/61 - 22/55 , ratios which equate to 7.63:1 for 1st and 5.00:1 for second....pretty close eh?

Get it right boys !

p.s. the OS TZ is a torque engine..

Re. NSW titles, got totally lost on the setup with the high grip , and was so pissed off about it that we spent the day at Lilydale today in order to identify what went wrong ( got home after 8 hr drive at 2am, at the track at 11am)

Will post findings later....in a nutshell, the TM springs suck

LS
Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Hey freestyles - you should have asked ! we had spur gears etc.

On the Moorebank track with the Sirio we used 15/52 ( 7.59:1 ) and 20/46 ( 5.04:1 ) and were still accelerating as we entered the sweeper.

We were using 59mm rear tyres.

As a comparison , the cough Kyosho RRR drivers on almost every track use 16/61 - 22/55 , ratios which equate to 7.63:1 for 1st and 5.00:1 for second....pretty close eh?

Get it right boys !

p.s. the OS TZ is a torque engine..

Re. NSW titles, got totally lost on the setup with the high grip , and was so pissed off about it that we spent the day at Lilydale today in order to identify what went wrong ( got home after 8 hr drive at 2am, at the track at 11am)

Will post findings later....in a nutshell, the TM springs suck

LS
thats bad news Lui, and how did the KYSHHHHH go in 8th ? and you use the OS ? i could actually sum up a few things about TM in a nutshell, but i spent too long with it, and am very happy i made a switch

Yeah it's the washer/screw type. It's always at the end of a straight when i'm braking hard. I actually lost it but luckily Luis sola came to the rescue and gave me a kyosho one which fits. I have the plastic pulleys and shaft with the e-clips so maybe i will put that in.

I didn't go very good at the tittles. I just couldn't get the car to handle the way i wanted/needed it to and was all over the place, the new track was awesome but definatly needed more time on it I actually finished dead last, even a little 9 year old kid beat me

It's an O.S tz i think you could class it as a rev engine not a tourque engine so maybe the combo will work ok. There is only one way to find out though i suppose, i will try and get to the track tomorrow if it stops raining
Styles.... did you get to try any of the things i may have suggested earlier ? would maybe have helped if the grip was high. ?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default Come back?

Hello everyone. How are we all doing with the car and racing?
I've been away from the forum for so long, there's a fair few pages to catch up on. So I thought I'd just ask.

Should be racing the trusty G4 again soon. Good to see there's a new car in the works!!
Old 04-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Styles.... did you get to try any of the things i may have suggested earlier ? would maybe have helped if the grip was high. ?
Yeah i pretty much started with it but i had to put the front sway bar back on, i'm not sure why but it felt alot more predictable with it on. It was like where everyone else was on power i couldn't be otherwise i would spin on a dime. people were powering around corners but i just had to coast it around, it was way off the pace.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah i pretty much started with it but i had to put the front sway bar back on, i'm not sure why but it felt alot more predictable with it on. It was like where everyone else was on power i couldn't be otherwise i would spin on a dime. people were powering around corners but i just had to coast it around, it was way off the pace.
Check that your front drive train is spot on; looking our for worn or missing teeth in belts and pulleys particularly. Hold the rear wheels firmly and see if you can turn the front wheels using a little force. You shouldn't be able to.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Check that your front drive train is spot on; looking our for worn or missing teeth in belts and pulleys particularly. Hold the rear wheels firmly and see if you can turn the front wheels using a little force. You shouldn't be able to.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Thanks mate i'll have a look when i get home from work but i think it's ok. What i did find though was my rear diff out drives were worn to the point that the dogbones were getting stuck and couldn't move freely. Whether or not this was the problem i'm not sure but since replacing it the cars handling 100% better.

Did you get my PM Lars?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks mate i'll have a look when i get home from work but i think it's ok. What i did find though was my rear diff out drives were worn to the point that the dogbones were getting stuck and couldn't move freely. Whether or not this was the problem i'm not sure but since replacing it the cars handling 100% better.

Did you get my PM Lars?
That would definitely affect the handling, and could well be the problem. Outdrives wear out and need replacing now and again.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.