Wiki Posts
Search

Rubber Tire Compound Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 01:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rubber Tire Compound Question

What would happen if you use a rubber tire meant for cold weather in the summer? Would it grip like crazy but wear it out faster? Would I get the reverse affect and get less grip? would it spontaneous combust?
Old 06-24-2015, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by disaster999
What would happen if you use a rubber tire meant for cold weather in the summer? Would it grip like crazy but wear it out faster? Would I get the reverse affect and get less grip? would it spontaneous combust?
you would have great grip for 2 laps then they would overheat leaking the oils and then lose grip and ruin a set of tyres for no gain,tyres are temp rated for a reason
if its for just bashing then yes they would wear quicker but its all down to the surface your running on as to whether or not youll have more grip
Old 06-24-2015, 09:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure if leaking oils in RC tires is a thing, but I guess better safe than sorry. Seeing how cheap they were I went ahead and bought a set. If anything, I;ll have something for the winter to run on.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Thanks for the reply. Im not sure if leaking oils in RC tires is a thing, but I guess better safe than sorry. Seeing how cheap they were I went ahead and bought a set. If anything, I;ll have something for the winter to run on.
It doesn't leak oil per say but the oil will start to separate from the rubber. Rough surface will require higher temp tires as well since they will generate more heat.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tyres should be selected based on the track surface temperature so sometimes you can get away with 28's or 32's if it is an overcast day in the warmer months.

Here is the temp guide for sorex.

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/pd...temp_giude.pdf