Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy >

whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by abqNitro
Actually I stated that the power of my engine helps me make up for greenhorn mistakes by allowing me to catch back up if need be....I never stated that my luck was totally because of my hopped up engine, just that it was a big help.. You can have all of the power in the world, but unless you know how to set up everything else to help put that power to the ground, the way you want it to be delivered, the power will be wasted...BTW, I may be new to R/C racing, but not racing in general. I raced motocross and also did desert racing for 15+years on 2 stroke ATV's so I do understand the priciples and mechanics of the whole thing. From tuning an engine, to picking my lines, how to do battle, how to properly hit jumps, etc... My quad engines were always built up too and so were 99% of all of the winning engines that I ever saw in those sports as well.

Personally I think that everyone, including myself , just needs to take a pill and remember that this is all for fun. Nothing is worth ruining that, thats for sure! Lets all just try to keep our internet experience positive and not turn it into a gang war on the forums
your absolutely right it seems like people on this site be trying to single others out and it shouldnt be like that this should be a site when you can ask questions without people getting upset or ganging up on you
Old 06-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jbraddock;9300429]I am racing with a losi 8T and am looking to be faster than a ninja engine! all the guys i race have new ninja engines an they rarely screw up so i am playing catch up....i need top-end more than i need torque we have long straight away!

This is straight from the OP post. He states (all the guys i race have new ninja engines an they rarely screw up so i am playing catch up) NO MATTER what MOTOR he runs the ONLY thing that will help him is to practice,drive smoother, cleaner and keep all 4 wheels on the track! PERIOD!!! No Mod motor will help him!

I am not ganging up on abqnitro, he and the op are new racers and have this idea that the motor will make up for their lack of skills. NEVER WILL! Instead they need to work harder on the driving skills

Even Maximo has post he can built u the most insane motor but he can not make u faster!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Brandon Black;9308255]
Originally Posted by jbraddock
I am racing with a losi 8T and am looking to be faster than a ninja engine! all the guys i race have new ninja engines an they rarely screw up so i am playing catch up....i need top-end more than i need torque we have long straight away!

This is straight from the OP post. He states (all the guys i race have new ninja engines an they rarely screw up so i am playing catch up) NO MATTER what MOTOR he runs the ONLY thing that will help him is to practice,drive smoother, cleaner and keep all 4 wheels on the track! PERIOD!!! No Mod motor will help him!

I am not ganging up on abqnitro, he and the op are new racers and have this idea that the motor will make up for their lack of skills. NEVER WILL! Instead they need to work harder on the driving skills

Even Maximo has post he can built u the most insane motor but he can not make u faster!
Are you saying my driving skills suck
Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=abqNitro;9308265]
Originally Posted by Brandon Black

Are you saying my driving skills suck
Lol!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LMAO, no for u just starting u are ahead of most beginners, but still need to work on not over driving the track and that take time and practice. I was just like u when i got into rc thinking that i need more power, let me tell u I was SOOO WRONG! when I finally started listening ( and i thought i was LOL) things started clicking and my driving improved. Guess all the faster guys was correct.LOL and those guys was not running insane motors, go figure
Old 06-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

LMAO, no for u just starting u are ahead of most beginners, but still need to work on not over driving the track and that take time and practice. I was just like u when i got into rc thinking that i need more power, let me tell u I was SOOO WRONG! when I finally started listening ( and i thought i was LOL) things started clicking and my driving improved. Guess all the faster guys was correct.LOL and those guys was not running insane motors, go figure
IDK man, ive seen a few vids of some of Adam Drakes races where he was just leaving people standing still in the straights and I thought to myself, there is no way that motor is stock! The O.S. 25 that Neil built for me is actually nowhere near being out of control on the track, but is actually perfect for the way I drive.... I was able to manipulate the power through my suspension set up and pipe choice to where it is very usable.. Heres a question for you though, lets say that you have two RC drivers racing, both 100% equal in driving abilities, neither one making any mistakes in the entire race. But one has a modded motor that is putting out say 20% more power than the other who is running a stock motor, who wins? Sorry, but all other things equal, my money is on modded guy!

Btw, I will agree that there can be a such thing as too much power for a track! But, "too much" power and "more power" than stock are two totally different things! While "too much" power is obviously not going to work on a track, "more power" than stock will! The broader RPM ranges of modded engines that are done correctly is very beneficial because it adds diversity to the engine. Also, I have found, not only in RC engines, but other types of engines that ive raced, that when properly modded, the modded engine actually does better on fuel milage because of the increase in its efficientcy when burning fuel..
Old 06-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i am quite confident my clocked b5 will beat a clocked .25 O.S. in a drag race. I beat some brushless buggies in a drag yesterday.

3 times.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dreaux
i am quite confident my clocked b5 will beat a clocked .25 O.S. in a drag race. I beat some brushless buggies in a drag yesterday.

3 times.
To bad your not in Albuquerque so we could find out I think my Clocked O.S. 25 would knock the black off of your Clocked B5's head Honestly though, im getting ready to build up a Losi 2.0 buggy and use a Clocked B5 as a powerplant.. At 5200ft I can get away with it, where as at sea level probably not!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Also keep in mind abqnitro also runs at nearly 6000'above sea level...that is a 16% reduction in engine power...many of the pros will run 40% when they race at his track to compensate for the power loss.......... At 6000'the mod OS 25 will feel more like a stout .21 then it does a modded 25......At sea level the mod 25 is a beast, tho it is actually quite smooth and predictable considering its power output.......... IMO OS would not have built the .25 if there wasn't a demand for a mid sized truggy engine....it is not for everyone, but some drivers conditions and tracks do warrant a little more power then a common .21 can provide....
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I say that for all the people that think a 21 is the perfect size engine for a truggy should race with 18's in their buggys....just say'n. LOL!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juice1
I say that for all the people that think a 21 is the perfect size engine for a truggy should race with 18's in their buggys....just say'n. LOL!!!
If you look at the truggy a-main at the Roar nats, most of the drivers seem to think that a 21 is the "perfect size engine". None of those guys seem to be searching for power.

just sayin.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

And OS has the .19 for buggy already..

A good 21 will throw a truggy around like a rag-doll.. I've watched sponsored racers take their trucks out, thrash them around the track for the first tank or two of the day, then have to de-tune them to make them more controllable.. (Nosram 21RR and Orion CRF 21 - both Picco P7R variants are the ones I watched..) The Orion CRF 21 in particular was hilarious to watch before being de-tuned.. Thing was just ridiculous - but fun to watch..
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy
If you look at the truggy a-main at the Roar nats, most of the drivers seem to think that a 21 is the "perfect size engine". None of those guys seem to be searching for power.

just sayin.

Then why is everyone putting 21's in a buggy...wouldn't that constitute as having too much power?

Just say'n
Old 06-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Many would say yes.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

This is sooo funny. I have seen people with $200 engines beat guys with $500 engines. This whole thing about having power to make up for mistakes, LOL, but Im willing to bet that you end up making more mistakes with all that power... Simple sense: if you cant control a bone stock engine (you make mistakes) what makes you think you could control an engine that puts out more power. It funny, but I think to myself Hum, why does 98% of pros run 21s in their truggy? Except King, I think he runs a 24. Personally I would take losing a few races while improving my driving skills. When it comes down to it engines dont make winners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.