Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by ziggy12345
The centre conversion is a set of front and rear steel machined bevel gears. The kit is 40T bevel with 13T crown gear. the conversion is front 45/17 rear 46/17.

It changes the drive ratio so that the highest kit gears 45/27 now is equal to the lowest 46/25 and gives you front overdrive for stability.

New drive shafts and end caps are included. you will need to drill a small hole in your dif case, no big deal

Cheers
y do we have to drill a small hole in the diff case, in what condition do i need to? when uses centre conversion kawahara???????

or kyosho itself parts???????

plz comment on this
Old 07-19-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Initiate

New drive shafts and end caps are included

what model no. is this?? from kawahara??????
Old 07-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The centre conversion is a set of front and rear steel machined bevel gears. The kit is 40T bevel with 13T crown gear. the conversion is front 45/17 rear 46/17.

It changes the drive ratio so that the highest kit gears 45/27 now is equal to the lowest 46/25 and gives you front overdrive for stability.

New drive shafts and end caps are included. you will need to drill a small hole in your dif case, no big deal

Cheers
thanks for input agan ziggy
So this conversion is done in the diff gears? i hope i got this conversion. i got a whole new car to learn on again i feel my head is gonna ache soon!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by vaspey
y do we have to drill a small hole in the diff case, in what condition do i need to? when uses centre conversion kawahara???????

or kyosho itself parts???????

plz comment on this
Only when you get the centre conversion. It comes with a small thrust bearing with a plastic ring. The ring has a groove in it which locates into a screw that is screwed into the diff case where you have drilled the hole. This is to stop it rotating inside the diff case and wearing the housing

Cheers
Old 07-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BrainTeased
thanks for input agan ziggy
So this conversion is done in the diff gears? i hope i got this conversion. i got a whole new car to learn on again i feel my head is gonna ache soon!

After i sorted the gearing problem I changed out the rear hubs to MTX-3 and the camber links to V-1-RR. this had a dramatic effect on the rear grip. I can floor it from 1/2 way round a corner, even with my JP engine with no loss of grip or spin.

I am on the power seconds before the guy infront and with the fast pick up and high top end blast past like they stand still!

Truly awsome to see!
Old 07-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Update: After 2 days at the track this weekend I found something that has me kickin my own butt. Some of you may remember I have been fighting the understeer problem...well after doing a few breaking/tuning runs with the body off, I found that the problem is actually a body induced understeer. With the body off the car turns in fast and lively on every corner and is a totally different car. I currently am using the new mazda 6 body and am wondering what bodies others are using and to what results.

thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Default Understeer

Originally posted by rcosmax
Update: After 2 days at the track this weekend I found something that has me kickin my own butt. Some of you may remember I have been fighting the understeer problem...well after doing a few breaking/tuning runs with the body off, I found that the problem is actually a body induced understeer. With the body off the car turns in fast and lively on every corner and is a totally different car. I currently am using the new mazda 6 body and am wondering what bodies others are using and to what results.

thanks
The Protoform Alfa gives much more steering than the Mazda, try that. If you dont like it try the RD Logics Stratus.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Default Set up

Here is Josh C. set up for Vegas April 2004
Old 07-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Default set ups

Josh C`s set up
Old 07-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Default Sorry

http://www.cefx.net/products//bodies/DeltaLola/

Here is a direct link to his site, click on the set up`s bar and click on what you want to see.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: set ups

Originally posted by Slotmachine
Josh C`s set up
here is josh set up that i posted a few pages back
Old 07-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

After i sorted the gearing problem I changed out the rear hubs to MTX-3 and the camber links to V-1-RR. this had a dramatic effect on the rear grip. I can floor it from 1/2 way round a corner, even with my JP engine with no loss of grip or spin.

I am on the power seconds before the guy infront and with the fast pick up and high top end blast past like they stand still!

Truly awsome to see!
thats how i want my car to drive!!! to be able to accelerate mid-way thorugh a corner and not loose traction! but i guess it also depends on the track's traction. My track is small and twisty with low traction and the surface aint that flat either. also ziggy may i ask why you use VoneRR camber links and not the mtx-3 ones since your using the rear uprights. may i also ask what diff oil is in the back diff and i suppose your also runing the car with a one way diff in the front?
thanks in advance
Old 07-20-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Truly awsome to see!
Ziggy, Can you share with us your final car setup as it now? Thanks.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Front

One way
Black springs
35wt oil
most angled shocks
2 deg camber
0 toe
Flat roll bar
5.5mm ride height
3mm droop
61mm tyres
40 Shore GQ
196mm track

Back
10,000wt dif oil
Gold Springs
35wt oil
upright shocks
No roll bar!
MTX-3 Hubs
V-1-RR camber links
Most spacers in
Lower position
Lowest swing are pivots
3 deg camber
3 deg toe in
9mm droop (most you can have)
199mm track
63mm tyres
40 shore GQ

General
JP FX T05 engine
7mm Kyosho exhaust
25% Tornado fuel
C6 TGF plug
Lola shell
Gurney strip 10 mm up
Adjustable drag brake
Centre conversion
21/26 gearing
1.7mm clutch ith 0.5mm float
Kawahara front conversion
3racing aluminium centre bulk head
3racing chasis

Make sure there is absolutely no hint of stiffness in the swing arms. Put an accurate digital scal under the susension and lower the swing arms gently onto the scale and read what it says. Then push down on the swing arms and lift off slowly and take a reading. (no roll bar or shocks attached!)

The difference in the 2 readings should be no more than 5 grams
Old 07-20-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BrainTeased
also ziggy may i ask why you use VoneRR camber links and not the mtx-3 ones since your using the rear uprights. ....
I havent seen the MTX-3 camber links but the V-1-RR links have no lateral movement only up and down and it stops the hubs flexing back and forth under power and on a bumpy track.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.