Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Ran four packs tonight on a high grip/hard pack clay surface. No issues (glued my broken rear A-arm and it held ).

I checked my diffs in comparison to some other people there, maybe I got lucky and got the right pins? I don't seem to have near as much slop as some do.

On that note, do the diffs from the 8ight fit? Or are they too large? Just wondering.
Did you get your truck at RCHQ? I am just checking in hopes they got the upgraded ones.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Checked everywhere for these diff pins........Called LHS's all over the tri-state area (NY,NJ,CT.), nothing. Have a Regional next weekend. I've been with Losi a long time. All my other Losi's are kick ass, astounding performing cars.
I think my plan is to sell this one, and wait until I can get my hands on a upgraded kit. I'm not waiting until freakin June to run this truck. It sucks,but nitro season is almost here, so it looks like it will be the 8ight and the XXX-SCT only for now. Also, because of this I have to wonder if there's going to be any teething issues with the 22, which I have on pre-order.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
Before you guys push the button on ANYTHING from these folks, you might wanna' take a read at this....

As of this minute, my 2nd email was NOT answered and no money refunded.

I believe that these folks are BAD NEWS!!!!!!
And, out of fairness, I received a refund this morning - still no explanation as to WHY the product was not in stock when their site SAID it was in stock.

Hello Chris K,

Nitro Hobbies Inc. just sent you a refund

Nitro Hobbies Inc. just sent you a full refund of $30.36 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Nitro Hobbies Inc..

The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant information: Nitro Hobbies Inc.
[email protected]

845-624-5500

Note from merchant None provided

Original transaction details
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Order Number XXXX
Item #: XXXX $30.36 USD 1 $30.36 USD

Insurance: ----
Total: $30.36 USD

Refund to PayPal Balance: $30.36 USD
Old 03-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
those were the 4 hole esc's and were replaced by the 3 hole esc. if people only knew they could send the 4 hole in and get the 3 hole replacement. Knowledge is power.....mmp hasnt changed the issue remains.
it goes both ways bud.. rx8's fail and mmp's fail... don't kid yourself!

i sent in a working 4 hole rx8 for updates and got back a non-working 3 hole cased rx8!!

BUT they both have good customer service, so i'll buy from either without hesitation
Old 03-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Add me to the diff pin list. 9 packs and 1/3 of the pin gone in center diff. Note to self: call Horizon 1st thing Monday
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default We get the point

Holy smokes this thread used to be very informative and a good read !! We get the freaking point already !!!!! There's a problem with the diff pins alright lets move on already . Start a new thread if all you want to do is bitch and moan . My scte is on order and Im not worried one bit , if I got the bad pins ........ oh well Im not going to cry about . Everything else about the truck Ive heard kicks ass !! Lets all move on already jeesh .
Old 03-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerx711

i sent in a working 4 hole rx8 for updates and got back a non-working 3 hole cased rx8!!

BUT they both have good customer service, so i'll buy from either without hesitation
Tekin has excellent customer service as does castle. I had a mmm just stop working at the nitro chaenge in an e buggy. I walked down off the stand expecting it to be unplughed and it wasn't so I gently (hahaha) tapped on the mmm and it came back to life. I walked back up to the drivers stand and I finished my race. I sent it back to castle and they shipped me something within 3 days. I'll see what it is on mon.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
I have yet to see a RX8 fail on its own. Usually operator error.

I beg to differ, Yes a lot of the failures have to do with User error, But that's not the only one's that are/have failed in the past.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Tekin has excellent customer service as does castle. I had a mmm just stop working at the nitro chaenge in an e buggy. I walked down off the stand expecting it to be unplughed and it wasn't so I gently (hahaha) tapped on the mmm and it came back to life. I walked back up to the drivers stand and I finished my race. I sent it back to castle and they shipped me something within 3 days. I'll see what it is on mon.

That's what mine did on the 1st lap of qluali's.....In the pits you could "tap" it and it would come alive but i didn't get to finish my quali. So there was my throw out for the round.

Went and saw Thomas, one of the Tekno guys Same guy who wired me up Last year with my Tekins....Im just glad my buddy's 4 hole held up when i needed it.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chadmeth1
Holy smokes this thread used to be very informative and a good read !! We get the freaking point already !!!!! There's a problem with the diff pins alright lets move on already . Start a new thread if all you want to do is bitch and moan . My scte is on order and Im not worried one bit , if I got the bad pins ........ oh well Im not going to cry about . Everything else about the truck Ive heard kicks ass !! Lets all move on already jeesh .
i think it's pretty relevant , informative, and fair to discuss known issues with the truck in a thread dedicated to the truck.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by racerx711

Well said your a 100% correct..
Old 03-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Does this car use the same body as the xxx-sct? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...SCT-Body-Clear
Old 03-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by infanterene
Does this car use the same body as the xxx-sct? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...SCT-Body-Clear
xxx-sct body is about 5mm shorter on the rear half..

i run my rtr xxx-sct body on my ten-scte for practice, but i did have to drill rear body mount holes about 5mm further toward the back AND the front and rear wheel wells needed to be enlarged or trimmed.. The rear had to be opened up the most to keep tires from rubbing
Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

+1

Originally Posted by lowroad
i think it's pretty relevant , informative, and fair to discuss known issues with the truck in a thread dedicated to the truck.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Maybe you should start a thread,"Losi Ten-SCTE SCT Please post only wonderful great things about it"
Dude, you don't have a clue about the purpose of a thread, do you? What you refer to as "bitching and moaning", actually conveys the urgency of a particular problem to the company representatives. Not only will they try to nip the problem in the bud at the manufacturing end, But also it has Casper and Ryan doing what they can to resolve this for us in the shortest amount of time possible.
I'm sure there's a couple of people out there who feel $300.00 is a significant amount of money to them, and they have EVERY right to, as you refer to it,"cry" about it, because contrary to what you may or may not think, Casper, Ryan, and just about anyone else on this thread want to know if there are any issues with their purchase.
I'll look forward to posting on your new thread!

Originally Posted by chadmeth1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.