Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX
I heard that possibly an xray conversion might be there.....I thought paolo was coming from Serpent team. The other two guys from Texas will have a cobra and possibly there DM1 still.

I thought mike said that the team c was not allowed to run?....that was posted on the byron race thread?

Love to work on some dm1 set up to make sure we stay close to those new cobra drivers.....if we can.
I am coming from Texas and I race neither the Cobra nor DM1; it is Kyosho for me. Will be bringing the GT1 and GT2 for the GT class as well as my NT1R and MRX4R (in case I decide to race another class).
Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

1 from Colorado running DM1, plus I believe one from your state and Kansas area that were at the top of the charts last year ....... If I remember we had three heats last year, and if everyone who has talked about coming, could be 5 heats ........WOO HOO .....
Old 06-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Flights booked, hotel reserved, Cobra GT packed (well not yet) cannot wait for a big showdown in GT. I know of four maybe five drivers from The Lone Star State that are making the trip. See you guys in a week and a half.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Who's ready to get Snake bitten??
+1 GT8/COBRA

Just kidding, cant wait to get to the track. This should be biggest GT race of the year!!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

OH WOW...........if everyone above can actually make it, this year BYRON GT class might have more BIG GUNS running then the TC class. I can't wait.

BTW..........ok, I need the official word, why TEAM C does not allow to run? And whos making that call..? Because if that is true, I will have to contact their driver not to bother for the class.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Solara, what shock setup you guys are running on the DM1's in IL? Oil and springs. Thx.

We're going to start running them behind our LHS and would like to help others here.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by san.
Solara, what shock setup you guys are running on the DM1's in IL? Oil and springs. Thx.

We're going to start running them behind our LHS and would like to help others here.
I am sorry buddy....I am the wrong guy to ask about setup, I've got the car by sponsored and the 1st time I am going to race the car will be on the BYRON race that day....I really don't know what is my car is setting at, I just get to the driver stand and race my butt off....Lol.

I remember I saw one of the winner that raced that S. America race that won by the Dm1 Spec...he was using some 5000 diff grease front and 2000 at rear...and using medium (white) springs...ask around. I know my car still has the RED ONE on it and I did not touch a thing on the car, just mount the body and the tires and run it.

Infact, if someone does race at LHR and has a setup for DM1 spec, please share....
Old 06-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Howard, talk to Mike Lyday at LH regarding the GT rules.

In my opinion, Mike is doing a what he can to try and create (much needed) reasonable rules for the GT class. Unfortunately, some rules are going to rub some people the wrong way, but again...I think this is a start in the right direction and will help the GT class continue to grow.

10-4
Eric
Old 06-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
Howard, talk to Mike Lyday at LH regarding the GT rules.

In my opinion, Mike is doing a what he can to try and create (much needed) reasonable rules for the GT class. Unfortunately, some rules are going to rub some people the wrong way, but again...I think this is a start in the right direction and will help the GT class continue to grow.

10-4
Eric
Yeah, I hope I will see him FRIDAY, or I can ask MARK.

I am trying to help my friend who is sponsored by TEAM C oversea and check and see the TEAM C car is legal or not, from the picture of the car, the chassis seems flat to me, so it might be similar to the DM1-spec design. He will have to find out for sure....but if the car indeed is not legal, I can tell him to leave the car at home and don't bother to race the GT class because he will be travelling 4000 miles away from China.

Rule is rule...I have nothing against the rule as long as I know the rule and make sure all the hard work I did for my wife to grant the permit to race toy car is not going to be a waste....

I was told you will be joining us with a brand new KYOSHO....good to know that we are all running the same class again. This time I won't let you pass me that easily because I think I have new tires now...LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Who use the exhaust tip deflector...? I never like the idea of that because I am worry that deflector will actually plug the exhaust or it will flew off from the tip. However, on these GT car, between the exhaust and the body is a good MILE away...is that a good idea to use exhaust deflector? If so...which one to use?

If not...what is the best way to cut out the body and work with the exhaust stinger that is so far away from the body opening? Thanks...
Old 06-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
Who use the exhaust tip deflector...? I never like the idea of that because I am worry that deflector will actually plug the exhaust or it will flew off from the tip. However, on these GT car, between the exhaust and the body is a good MILE away...is that a good idea to use exhaust deflector? If so...which one to use?

If not...what is the best way to cut out the body and work with the exhaust stinger that is so far away from the body opening? Thanks...
I always have use a deflector. There are many opinions on this topic but I have never noticed a change in my tune or power and I have won many races with it installed there are a lot of brands to use but the Traxxas brand last the longest and is thick but yet has just enough flex not to destroy it on impacts traxxas has it in clear and in blue for some weird reason the blue last a lot longer but the compound and thickness seems the same. Hope this helps TRA3551A blue,TRA3551 clear. Cut it to your length
Old 06-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have always used the Dubro deflectors. Very strong. But my next body is going to get cut with a flap to be the deflector. That way no chance of losing the rubber stinger in a race.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Awesome.....I will pick up 1 of those just incase I need it at the track. I actually painted a new P8F body and I used the left over piece and made a deflector that I can mount onto the body....I think that will work and hope that will last a weekend of racing.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
Awesome.....I will pick up 1 of those just incase I need it at the track. I actually painted a new P8F body and I used the left over piece and made a deflector that I can mount onto the body....I think that will work and hope that will last a weekend of racing.
That is what I use, I do use at least 2 screws to secure it to the body. I don't like the plastic extenders because if you tune your engine with it and then it falls or gets cut while racing the tune might change.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Lightbulb Kyosho body

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
There is a Kyosho logo on the bottom of the webpage...is it made by kyosho?
Yes, it's, but i can't find anywhere. It looks a limited version for a magazine collection... I'd get one so far!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.