Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i want the short suspension arm setup the team drivers are using.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:26 AM

Default pucho

hey pucho i was wondering on the front steering knuckles are you using the inner hole or outer hole for the steering link thanks jesse
Old 12-20-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I am new to the Xray line of cars. I was wondering what the big differance between the Evo2 and the T1?

I looked on Xrays site and its very well put together. Just wondering what makes the Evo2 that much better.

FYI I am looking at getting this car.

Click Here

I see he is getting rid of it because he wants to run a differant chassis on carpet. Why would he is my question I guess.... I guess I should have asked him but I am open to any suggestions.

FYI I will be buying the HPI when it arrives in the states....
Old 12-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ultragraffics
Hey guys,

I am new to the Xray line of cars. I was wondering what the big differance between the Evo2 and the T1?

I looked on Xrays site and its very well put together. Just wondering what makes the Evo2 that much better.

FYI I am looking at getting this car.

Click Here

I see he is getting rid of it because he wants to run a differant chassis on carpet. Why would he is my question I guess.... I guess I should have asked him but I am open to any suggestions.

FYI I will be buying the HPI when it arrives in the states....
I'm looking to sell it because I was only going to use it on asphault, not carpet. The T1/Evo2 will work fine on carpet.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks AWOL Soldier. I am in no way trying to put you down in any way. I just hope you know that. Thanks for the info and your car looks super clean. I just have to see if I can sell the one I have before I buy yours. Dont want to spend my stash for the new HPI and am sure you can understand that.

I do have one question. What the low ratio kit for? I dont know what the Xray comes with so your gonna have to help me on this one.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ultragraffics
Thanks AWOL Soldier. I am in no way trying to put you down in any way. I just hope you know that. Thanks for the info and your car looks super clean. I just have to see if I can sell the one I have before I buy yours. Dont want to spend my stash for the new HPI and am sure you can understand that.

I do have one question. What the low ratio kit for? I dont know what the Xray comes with so your gonna have to help me on this one.

Thanks
It gives the car a lower ratio for more acceleration, makes a world of difference.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1.77 Gear Ratio Set

I bought a 1.77 Gear set and would like to know what other things I need to run this. Also, do I need to tighten the diff and front oneway when I put the 1.77?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 1.77 Gear Ratio Set

Originally posted by gerrych
I bought a 1.77 Gear set and would like to know what other things I need to run this. Also, do I need to tighten the diff and front oneway when I put the 1.77?

Thanks!
You need the solid layshaft but that's it. As far as tightening the diffs or oneways, that depends on your track condition and driving style.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: 1.77 Gear Ratio Set

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
You need the solid layshaft but that's it. As far as tightening the diffs or oneways, that depends on your track condition and driving style.
Thanks for the quick reply.

On the solid layshaft, do you change the 16t fixed pulley to 18t (the ones on the 1.77 set)? Also, the rear belt is almost hitting the motor is this ok?

Regards
Old 12-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

the belt will hit the motor when it is slack, but as soon as you add power, it will tighten up.

It also helps if you run tires at about 2.38-2.4 ish diameter or smaller.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: 1.77 Gear Ratio Set

Originally posted by gerrych
Thanks for the quick reply.

On the solid layshaft, do you change the 16t fixed pulley to 18t (the ones on the 1.77 set)? Also, the rear belt is almost hitting the motor is this ok?

Regards
Yah the belt does hit a little. The only thing to really remedy this is to have the adjustable bulkheads or to run a large spur so you can move the motor down (has to be 64 pitch). You could always get the belt tensioner for the large belt... i wouldn't worry about it though, like the other post said, the belts tighten up when under power and the friction is negligible at best when not.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default XXXS+ Binding in turns with Spool

My XXXS+ is binding when steering left or right with the spool in it. It doesn't do this with the one-way in it. Any suggestions why this might be happening? I like driving with the spool but this loud chattering bind is slowing me down in the turns. I have yet to run the one-way, and I don't do much braking when running this class. What effect/handling will the one -way give? Will it be anything like the Spool?
Old 12-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

are the belts the same for the t1 and the evo 2? also if i bought evo 2 bulkheads would they work for the belt tightening on the t1?
Thanks
Old 12-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by blue micro
are the belts the same for the t1 and the evo 2? also if i bought evo 2 bulkheads would they work for the belt tightening on the t1?
Thanks
Yah they're the same.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

As I understand it, pretty much everything it the same from the T1r to the Evo. All parts are interchangeable. The T1r obvoiusly has the plastic chassis and top deck, they also do the rear toe a little different(?) but you can pretty much mix and match all the parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.