Search
Like Tree8Likes

Formula 1 RC Northwest

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NORA F1 DAY Announcement

I am please To announce... Broadway Hobbies will be sponsoring the F1 Championship Race on Feb 26th. There will be hardware for top 3 finishers, along with a concourse award, and Hot Lap Qualifier award for both F1 and Le Mans. Would like to thank Lou Debenny and Broadway Hobbies for supporting our Club.

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
F-1 + Le Mans... Get them ready N' see you then!

Old 02-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Thank you Broadway Hobbies! F-1 NW Carpet Champ Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPG333
I am please To announce... Broadway Hobbies will be sponsoring the F1 Championship Race on Feb 26th. There will be hardware for top 3 finishers, along with a concourse award, and Hot Lap Qualifier award for both F1 and Le Mans. Would like to thank Lou Debenny and Broadway Hobbies for supporting our Club.

FantBulose!!!!!! (fantastic and fabulous )and Thank You NORA & JPG333

Cheers,
Marcos
Old 02-20-2017, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default F-1 NW 2017 Carpet Grand Prix at NORA

Hi all, I've been receiving questions about which bodys to use for the Le Mans 24 minute race, here are some examples all available in e-Bay:

GT-3 type:

Here is a nice Honda (imitation) pre-painted for $14.00 on e-Bay

Prototype 1 type:

Old group "C" type

What probably won't make the cut?

Most 17.5 spec body (not really any real car but just light shells in form of a car)

Or body's that look like cars but have never been in Le Mans

I hope this helps

BTW we will be at NORA Feb 18 for the club race and to practice before our F-1 day event. Practice makes it faster
The big Sunday is almost here, regarding our race rules I want to remind all Formula One & Le Mans participants, that we are racing mostly on an honorary basis. However the rules will be enforced if needed, please be sure that you're on a 21.5 with Blinky speed control for F-1, and that your car complies with the UF-1 specs. We will tech podium finishers on each race.

Le Mans is an incredibly open class, already everyone has gone out of their way to come up with great chassis and the most important part realistic, scale, body's either from a running car that raced the 24hrs or a realistic running car in black, which is the color when doing testing configuration. If your body is not as described, then you have to go to the same effort that everybody else and get a realistic looking car, it's fun and worth it to see such cool replicas running with the lights on!

This is another example of a shell that is not a realistic scale and has never raced and the 24hrs so it's not within our specs.

Let's avoid the unnecessary embarrassment of getting disqualify for spec/tech reasons.

I expect lots of fun, as we had already a little taste last Saturday, and don't forget to thank our sponsor Broadway Hobbys!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

See you Sunday!
Cheers, Marcos

Last edited by HeliYogi; 02-20-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

What's with making all these rule changes all the time?, 1st it was turning the lights off 1/2 way through the Le Mans race, now it's UF-1 spec rules and saying a gtp body is not legal. Who's deciding all this shit and not bring it up at the last race?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Marcos,

I was seriously thinking about entering a LeMans car but you posting about the Peugeot 905 not being realistic enough is bad news for my effort. I needed to field a 235mm car and that is a body I have already. I don't think there is enough time to order one and get it ready in time plus the added cost of shipping. What is so wrong about that car. It was molded after the Peugeot and named by Protoform as such. I also think that the car pictured has extra wing pieces added. Are you sure of this, I wish your original post could have mentioned this issue.

Steve

The big Sunday is almost here, regarding our race rules I want to remind all Formula One & Le Mans participants, that we are racing mostly on an honorary basis. However the rules will be enforced if needed, please be sure that you're on a 21.5 with Blinky speed control for F-1, and that your car complies with the UF-1 specs. We will tech podium finishers on each race.

Le Mans is an incredibly open class, already everyone has gone out of their way to come up with great chassis and the most important part realistic, scale, body's either from a running car that raced the 24hrs or a realistic running car in black, which is the color when doing testing configuration. If your body is not as described, then you have to go to the same effort that everybody else and get a realistic looking car, it's fun and worth it to see such cool replicas running with the lights on!

This is another example of a shell that is not a realistic scale and has never raced and the 24hrs so it's not within our specs.

Let's avoid the unnecessary embarrassment of getting disqualify for spec/tech reasons.

I expect lots of fun, as we had already a little taste last Saturday, and don't forget to thank our sponsor Broadway Hobbys!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

See you Sunday!
Cheers, Marcos
Old 02-20-2017, 06:22 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Marcos,

I was seriously thinking about entering a LeMans car but you posting about the Peugeot 905 not being realistic enough is bad news for my effort. I needed to field a 235mm car and that is a body I have already. I don't think there is enough time to order one and get it ready in time plus the added cost of shipping. What is so wrong about that car. It was molded after the Peugeot and named by Protoform as such. I also think that the car pictured has extra wing pieces added. Are you sure of this, I wish your original post could have mentioned this issue.

Steve

Steve
Isnt the 235mm fall under 1/8 scale?

.I can't disagree what Steve had said...Just can changing rules to the last minute
Let it go....

Last edited by OVA; 02-20-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Nope Franko,

235mm cars were the original width of 1/10th scale pan cars. Europe still runs this class and they call it Pro10, but this is the car like the RC10L and 10L2's from associated.

1/8th scale cars are like 275 or 280mm or so.

Steve
Old 02-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Nope Franko,

235mm cars were the original width of 1/10th scale pan cars. Europe still runs this class and they call it Pro10, but this is the car like the RC10L and 10L2's from associated.

1/8th scale cars are like 275 or 280mm or so.

Steve

I think he was pointing out how far out of scale pro10 cars are. At 10th scale a peugeot 905b would only be 199mm wide. I think we can all agree the protoform body is not "scale looking" as stated in the original post.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtveten
I think he was pointing out how far out of scale pro10 cars are. At 10th scale a peugeot 905b would only be 199mm wide. I think we can all agree the protoform body is not "scale looking" as stated in the original post.
Mark,

I don't know what Franko meant, but it certainly read to me that he thought 235mm cars were 1/8th scale cars, I was pointing out that they were not.

Who's to say what the "more correct" width dimensions 1/10th pan cars should be. When they invented WGT is when they decided it should be 200mm and that's fine because it was a new class but the fact remains that there was and still is a 235mm class size and its pretty popular worldwide and is now making a comeback here in the US and is a growing racing class
at some big races.

I think if done correctly the Peugeot 905B high downforce can look pretty scale. I even found a picture of a HD 905B racing when I searched for it, front wing and all!

Any guess who I bought the 3 bodies from in my garage about 5 or so years ago from. That's right Mark, from you. HaHaHa.

Since the LeMans class has not really raced much at all before this past weekend at Nora, and you guys were trying to get cars participating, (which is great btw) my take is now you guys are feeling like maybe the participation numbers are ok for the LeMans event and you're pushing back at the lack of "scale realism" but now with so few days to make any adjustments there are a number of us kinda screwed. You guys said very little about any rules but suddenly a few pop up, and kinda big ones at that!

What ever rules you guys wanted would have been fine, but they should been made public weeks ago, not with 5 days to go. Was anything mentioned on Saturday? I didn't hear anything!

Steve
Old 02-20-2017, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Steve,
In the original post/flyer for this race it's states for the Le Mans class, Any 1/10 scale chassis!!, So by that a rc10L is in fact a 1/10 scale chassis.
I guess some people just haven't been in this sport long enough to know that the 235mm class has been around for almost 40yrs.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:00 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Mark,

I don't know what Franko meant, but it certainly read to me that he thought 235mm cars were 1/8th scale cars, I was pointing out that they were not.

Who's to say what the "more correct" width dimensions 1/10th pan cars should be. When they invented WGT is when they decided it should be 200mm and that's fine because it was a new class but the fact remains that there was and still is a 235mm class size and its pretty popular worldwide and is now making a comeback here in the US and is a growing racing class
at some big races.

I think if done correctly the Peugeot 905B high downforce can look pretty scale. I even found a picture of a HD 905B racing when I searched for it, front wing and all!

Any guess who I bought the 3 bodies from in my garage about 5 or so years ago from. That's right Mark, from you. HaHaHa.

Since the LeMans class has not really raced much at all before this past weekend at Nora, and you guys were trying to get cars participating, (which is great btw) my take is now you guys are feeling like maybe the participation numbers are ok for the LeMans event and you're pushing back at the lack of "scale realism" but now with so few days to make any adjustments there are a number of us kinda screwed. You guys said very little about any rules but suddenly a few pop up, and kinda big ones at that!

What ever rules you guys wanted would have been fine, but they should been made public weeks ago, not with 5 days to go. Was anything mentioned on Saturday? I didn't hear anything!

Steve
Hey Steve
You did answer to my question.I just forgot about the Pro10...thanks
Old 02-21-2017, 12:03 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins sr
Steve,
In the original post/flyer for this race it's states for the Le Mans class, Any 1/10 scale chassis!!, So by that a rc10L is in fact a 1/10 scale chassis.
I guess some people just haven't been in this sport long enough to know that the 235mm class has been around for almost 40yrs.
I must being the one of them lol
Old 02-21-2017, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins sr
Steve,
So true Sr, these youngins just don't know their history.

Hey Mark and Marcos,

Since you guys are such big fans of absolute scale realism, I hope whenever Mark runs his old Jordan 7up F1 car, he finds about a 200mm F1 car and not the current 190mm version. The older 80's to about 2002 F1's were much much wider then current cars, we wouldn't want to disqualify Mark for running out of spec.

Lets face it RC cars can only be spec to a point, then they just wont work well and would be hard to compete with but hey then I guess we would just use them as display models, But that's why they have diecast models that aren't R/C cars.

Last edited by corallyman; 02-21-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

For reference this is what peugeot 905b looks like

The protoform body is just a giant wing designed for racing and is far from scale looking as stated in the original rules post on 1/11

Pro10 is a great class that I would like to see make a comeback but it simply not one of the more realistic looking classes such as vta or scale spec.

The f1 cars I run adhere to whatever rule set the venue has for the class.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtveten
For reference this is what peugeot 905b looks like

The protoform body is just a giant wing designed for racing and is far from scale looking as stated in the original rules post on 1/11

Pro10 is a great class that I would like to see make a comeback but it simply not one of the more realistic looking classes such as vta or scale spec.

The f1 cars I run adhere to whatever rule set the venue has for the class.
Mark,

Now find a HD version and you will see something that looks like the body similar to what Protoform released, but remember protoform made other versions too, its just they stopped making the other versions.

My point was you guys advertised this and even in Marcos latest post, he claims this to be,hardly any rules. Why did he do that? You guys know what you wanted. You should have posted rules and details of what you guys expected. This would not be happening, we would have had time to get proper cars.

F1 cars should be following a stricter rules package because its now a mature race class, but this LeMans class is not, so this is why you should have done more to get the cars the way you expected them.

Congrats tho, you won. I now longer want to participate. Not enough time to get the parts and it lost the luster that it had.

To Jim,

Thanks once again to the Nora club, always a great venue and group of guys. Thanks for the season.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.