Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 09:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

rcfiend: I never drove an Xray. I drove the car that came out before it, that the Xray was...ummm...similar to! I drove a Corally C4.1. This car was as strong as the Schumacher, with the only weak point being the hinge pins.

If you do decide to go with an Xray over the Mission, I wont try to convince you otherwise. But besure you don't venture too far outside the stock setup on that car. For all the adjustments it has, even those who drive it regularly know that most of them are useless beyond the kit's stock setup.

As for breakage, I'll say it again, I've been running Schumacher sedans off and on since the original SST2000. The only thing I've ever really broken has been the front plastic drive shafts and that was before they added the steering stops to the front arms. Now I break nothing. I would love to see the impacts you guys are taking to break this car.

It seems to me that your issues are more with your track directors than with your car. If your getting hit that hard during practice, they need to clean up your practice sessions!

If your breaking a Schumacher every week, then I don't know what to tell you. Other than, you wont find a more durable car on the market, Period!

Anyways......Good luck with whatever you decide to drive, and if I were you, I would talk to the race director about cleaning up those practices.

Last edited by Darkseid; 07-29-2002 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted By Darkseid rcfiend: I never drove an Xray. I drove the car that came out before it, that the Xray was...ummm...similar to! I drove a Corally C4.1. This car was as strong as the Schumacher, with the only weak point being the hinge pins.

Thanks for the input darkseid. You may have a point about speaking with the race director. If I race at other tracks I have no problems, unfortunately the track where I get hit the most is the track where all the really good drivers go to.

The impacts I endure are side impacts as I'm entering a turn and the person behind me fails to slow to enter the turn. From this vantage point the car is really exposed. But I guess any car would be. Again thanks for your input.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah the SST99 could compete in the hands of a very good driver. But, a less experience driver would do as well or better with the new Mission, it is so easy to setup and drive. (It is also very efficient and fast )
Old 07-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

rcfiend: yeah, those side impacts are the worst kind of impacts. I had my GM V12 speedcontrol damaged earlier this season when someone decided that slowing down to turn wasn't the best method!
Old 07-29-2002, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

rcfiend- Is it SoCal Raceway the track your talking about. I f it is, I know what you mean. I race there to with my Mission car. I ran the new Warpspeed chassis last weekend. Better then ever. I have some tips on keeping your car together better. I will show you sometimee, if you give the car a chance. Any car is going to bend or break. The Mission is one of the most durable. I will be there this Sat.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Mission Front Belt

Hi guys, just checking to see if anyone has had teh problem of teh front belt turning over (inside out ). Happened to me once early in teh life of my Mission and I just thought it was a one off thing. One of teh other guys at the local track (Bayside, Brisbane Australia) had his turn over last week as well. Maybe running a tad to loose? Any advice?
Old 07-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Kevin K.... thanks for the setups... I was surprised at the 70 weight oil for rubber tires.... I will try it out... the other item is interesting and I will give it a try also.... whats up with the warpspeed chassis...and good reports yet?
Old 07-29-2002, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted By Cornerspeed rcfiend- Is it SoCal Raceway the track your talking about. I f it is, I know what you mean. I race there to with my Mission car. I ran the new Warpspeed chassis last weekend. Better then ever. I have some tips on keeping your car together better. I will show you sometimee, if you give the car a chance. Any car is going to bend or break. The Mission is one of the most durable. I will be there this Sat.
Yep, SoCal is the track i'm referring to. What's your name, so i'll know who to look for? That chasis maybe nice, but for $130.00 it better guarantee to shave at least 5 seconds off of my lap times
Old 07-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Kevin K... what upper deck are you running? I didnt see it on your setup sheets
Old 07-30-2002, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

rcfiend- The name is Don Vinkemulder. See you there.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Heavy
Maybe it's an Aus thing? I'm racing in Sydney and have had mine go upside-down twice, once with the black belt and once with the grey, although luckily both times it was in practice. I lifted the belt tensioner a fraction and haven't had it happen for a while now.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Foam tarmac set-up?

I am looking for a killer set-up for my mission on a permanent tarmac track.I am running Sprint foam tires.Any set-up suggestions will be tried.
Thanks
Jaco Coetzee
Team SGProducts

[EMAIL][email protected]
Old 07-30-2002, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ottoman.....sorry I run the carpet top deck all the time.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Heavy, good to see another Aussie has picked up a mission, and found the forums!..

as for the belt flipping over, It has not yet happened to me, I have run both grey belts and black.

I would suggest it is due to debris getting stuck unter the belts teeth.

Check the pulleys for any crap, and use a toothbrush to scrub the pulleys to remove any junk.

also run just a little tension on the belt, I run just a little for mod, to prevent the front belt skipping on hard acceleration on high grip.

If these solutions fail, try running a little strip of tape on the underside of the bulkhead where the belt runs, to allow less space for the belt to flip over.

Cheers G!

P.S what type of track are you racing on?...rubber or foam?..
Old 07-30-2002, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Heavy....I was at the track a while back and a kid had the same thing happen and what I saw was that he had is front diff in backwards, meaning left side on the right etc. You might want to check and see if thats in properly. Also he had a pice of flashing on the bottom side of the front upper suspension mount that rubbed on the belt aswell, that could have caused the same problem. So these are somethings that I have seen cause the problem that you are talking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.