Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Club Meeting

All clubbies and racers are invited to a club meeting. Learn about the new specs and rules taking effect next fall (big changes!), get the download on our finances, and help plan for site improvements at the Seatac R/C Raceway.

Wednesday, March 14

Wedgwood Broiler
8230 35th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115

7pm to 9pm
Old 03-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
All clubbies and racers are invited to a club meeting. Learn about the new specs and rules taking effect next fall (big changes!), get the download on our finances, and help plan for site improvements at the Seatac R/C Raceway.

Wednesday, March 14

Wedgwood Broiler
8230 35th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115

7pm to 9pm
We also will be voting in Comp. Committee Representatives, so if you have anyone you'd like to nominate, please do so.

So far we have one nomination - Jesse Anderson

Please let us know if you have someone you'd like to nominate, even yourself. :-)

Thanks,
Alex
Old 03-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oldrcr
So far we have one nomination - Jesse Anderson

Well, there goes the neighborhood.....
Old 03-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Default H30 Race Report - 3/7/18

With Kyle vacationing, I've been asked to post the race report myself this week. Another great night of racing, a crisp program, and packed up for cheesy fries by 10:00. Now that's a "CASH-MONEY" program.

I think it's safe to say that we've FINALLY exited the doldrums of Winter. No longer are we heading to the track in the dark, and with the less than freezing temperatures greeting us, the not-so-ridiculous idea of asphalt RC racing starts to enter our minds. yet, even as we begin to transition towards the great outdoors, we were reminded once again why we still love Wednesday night club racing: Great people and great racing.

If I'm not so bold to say, I believe our Wednesday night program is a hidden gem in the realm of Northwest RC racing. Our little 3-roll Hangar show produces badass racing and a fun, laid-back atmosphere with just enough tomfoolery to keep things closer to "amateur-hour" than the average "passive-aggressive showdown" race day. It is club racing, after all.

Having said all that, we have some season championships coming down to the wire as we head into the final race in two weeks! While the younger Mason has went about destroying both the Stock TC and Stock 12th field, Scale Spec and Novice are still wide open and up for grabs.

*In Novice, Paul Nortness will carry a 3-point lead into the final round, but with a couple door-checks and pit maneuvers, the "ageless wonder" Gary Bennett, or Ken Christensen could snatch the title. Should make for a fun race!

*In Scale Spec, Mike Boyle is up by two points from Kyle Bradshaw. While Chris Perry has been eliminated from title-contention, he still has a shot at second, provided Kyle doesn't move up. With a little "life coaching", Kyle will be looking to put a race together and snatch the season cup. Time will tell!

*In Stock TC, we have a three-way scrap for the final two podium spots for the season. With Andrew sitting 3 points clear in second, Jake and myself are tied for third with the final round looming. Safe to say I'll be looking for some massive misfortune from my competitors.... coughcoughSABATOGEcough..

*Stock 12th is pretty much wrapped up as it sits, with Stuart 10 points clear of Brian, and the latter being 7 points clear of Todd. These three have been the "class" of 12th scale at H30, and it shows by their standings.

Results are posted though RC Scoring Pro, have a look and prepare for "Championship Wednesday" in two weeks! March 21st.
In the meantime, we have CC action this Saturday, and our all-club meeting next Wednesday night, March 14th at 7:00pm. Come on out and discuss the new changes!

Link to the results: RC Scoring Pro | Wednesday Club Race March 7th 2018 Results | Seattle RC Racers
Old 03-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Had my surgery yesterday. Will not be racing until end of May. Had fun racing with Ken and Paul and all in Novice class.

Have to recover see you all by the end of May.

Thanks Seattle Racers
cementsurfer86 and Nortran11 like this.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry to hear Gary. Was looking forward to battling with you one last time. Get well soon and hopefully we'll see you out in the parking lot this summer!
Old 03-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Race Video of all Mains from 2 weeks ago. Feb 24, 2018.

Sorry for the delay posting them. Also, Scale spec, the video is tilted. I was having a hard time getting the preview to work so I couldn't see it until I stopped recording after the race was over.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-xBNJqW-Azt1I1
Old 03-11-2018, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default 10Mar2018 Race Report

The final gym club race of our 2017-2018 was a solid effort, 45 entries in nine heats, and showed that form for the Emerald City Classic is strong in the club. Setup and teardown went smooth, with good help on hand to get us up and running for 80 minutes of practice and out the door by midnight.

Scale Spec: this class at the gym has been slipping in numbers. It's strong at the hangar, and I've seen NORA running well, but for whatever reason it's not turning up at the gym. Every class goes through cycles. Once upon a time, Mod TC was teetering on being cancelled, and even Stock TC was thin for a few races this season, so I want to avoid overdiagnosing what is going on. When it does come back around, there is a talented nucleus of drivers to give it a true competitive character. Gary Lewis showed the way last night, while John and Jerry were on hand and sharp enough to keep him attentive to the task at hand.

Stock 1/12th: I will freely confess that I have occasionally, willfully, ignored or denied the superiority of some motors over others, even when I am suffering from the reality that is contrary to what is in my head. Maybe it's a control-freaky thing that manifests itself? Who knows, this is not about me. More to the point—I spent money on a Team Scream The One, cursing myself all the while for chasing performance and not finding the way with the good gear I already owned. But guess what? I took it out of the wrap, bolted it in, bothered not at all with the G-Force/Motolyser nonsense but just went with how it was sent, rolled out at 76, and took TQ and set a new track record just like that. Since I refuse to buy or recommend a Trinity, I will say the TSR is straight baller in 1/12th Stock. I added a whole lap with no other changes between this time and the last few outings. Brian got around me in the main as I was knocked around in traffic. He may have gotten me anyway, so I shouldn't pin it on that. But! It was good to finally be on terms with Bodine after a season of frustration feeling like I was either a motor idiot or simply not that good. Either or both of those may be true, but I can add with some conviction that all the same: motor matters. Particularly in this most challenging of all motor classes.

Modified Touring: This one was fearsome. It has been lately. Korey and/or Jake have been out front and away as a rule, this time it was Jake. But the three through about six contest has been epic. Donny, Sam, Stuart, and Weylin were uncompromising and committed in their collective desire to beat each other into submission. They all finished within two seconds of each other, with Stuart and Weylin within 6/10ths at the finish. But not to look past Jake, as he consistently puts together a good program all while maintaining a notably rigorous engineering effort on the Awesomatix. He has has stuck with it all these years, as it evidently absorbs his considerable creative energy. I'm happy for it as it keeps him engaged and showing up.

Formula 1: This was a bit of a procession, which is to say, true to scale. Alex the Canadian showed up and locked it down. The rest did what they could, but he was gone. I might add that all drivers were respectful of the precarious realities of open wheel action and drove clean races. Minimal contact made for a clean race and enjoyable spectating.

Stock Touring: Stuart has been erratically brilliant this season at the hangar in Stock TC, but he has never until last night showed up at the gym to race the class. But, Team Mason has a guest driver for the ECC (guess away, but we're not telling), and Stuart wanted to shake down the ride before handing it off. In the process he enjoyed a successful TQ and win. Donny drove the youngster with a hard-nosed, no quarter given determination to knock him down a step, but to no avail. Stuart kept his cool in the second qual and set the top mark. It was a great experience for Stuart, as Donny is a formidable presence and not averse to banging doors. Sam drove well, briefly holding the lead in the main before Stuart gathered it back up.

Modified 1/12th: We missed Korey last night, but no lie, Brian more than made up for the absence as he put what I will call his best car ever on track. He was untouchable. Notably, Sean tried the carbon deck on his 12R6 and promptly went back to the aluminum. And hats off to Jeff and Ken for showing good improvement.

We will hand out the points cups during the ECC.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Q1 10Mar2018.pdf (342.5 KB, 58 views)
Q2 10Mar2018.pdf (348.3 KB, 70 views)
Mains 10Mar2018.pdf (316.7 KB, 92 views)
Old 03-12-2018, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Team Scream The One, cursing myself all the while for chasing performance and not finding the way with the good gear I already owned. But guess what? I took it out of the wrap, bolted it in, bothered not at all with the G-Force/Motolyser nonsense but just went with how it was sent, rolled out at 76,.[/QUOTE]

Todd you noted 76 roll-out, I take it that the newest 17.5 motors have a higher RPM than the old-line?

Great job on the TQ
Old 03-12-2018, 03:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
Todd you noted 76 roll-out, I take it that the newest 17.5 motors have a higher RPM than the old-line?

Great job on the TQ
76!! Holy crap.... 2 years ago we were rolling out around 100... maybe that was my problem...

We shall see....
Old 03-12-2018, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quick update of Saturday Points!
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-1.png   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-2.png  
Old 03-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Race Video of all Mains from 2 weeks ago. Feb 24, 2018.

Sorry for the delay posting them.

No apologies necessary Jake. A lot of work and greatly appreciated.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

I feel obliged to report that at this past weekend's ROAR Nationals, racers with Team Scream motors had a miserable time getting their equipment through tech. Team Scream was not the only brand to have problems, but they are becoming one of the "usual suspects" along with Trinity and R1.

I have no idea whether my motor that I just set the track record with meets the spec, and I have no means at hand to confirm that it does. But as the president of the club and the first and last line of defense of our rule set, I'm pulling my motor until I can get it confirmed. My Motiv, in which I'm confident and which is having minimal to zero issues with tech at races with solid tech, is going back in.
R3VoLuTiOn likes this.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Roar doesn't release the approval numbers unfortunately. They actually dont even give it to the manufacturers themselves. Sure makes tech easy doesn't it?
Old 03-12-2018, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Id like to nominate Jesse Anderson for comp committee, and at the same time withdraw my name from consideration. I havent been able to race as much as id like and have alot on my plate in the coming year. I enjoyed my time on the committee and i feel its in good hands, and Jesse would be a great addition.

Matt Adkison

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.