Wiki Posts
Search

Airtronics MT-4 temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Airtronics MT-4 temp sensor

i have mt4 and i cant find a way to get the temp sensor to mount on my nitro engine. i have one off a spektrum that will mount but not plug into my reciever.. is it possible is splice my spektrum onto my mt4 plug?? i think if it just regular wire it should work..
Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bryce600rr
Anyone?
NO. I tried it and resistance of the spektrum sensor is different and it gave ridiculous readings. I tried other too with the same result. the airtronics sensor is not its high point but it does work. All my cooling heads have drilled fins. I found the best mount was a single zip tie through one hole and around the middle of the sensor on the fourth fin above the exhaust port.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I saw this the other day while trying to decide on a new radio. It appears to be a bracket to mount the unit. It comes with a new sensor as well.
Yeah Racing (#YE-0020)Airtronics MT4 Sensors Upgrade Kit

Hope it helps!

Sigs
Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigs72
I saw this the other day while trying to decide on a new radio. It appears to be a bracket to mount the unit. It comes with a new sensor as well.
Yeah Racing (#YE-0020)Airtronics MT4 Sensors Upgrade Kit

Hope it helps!

Sigs
It does not. That is for mounting to an electric motor. The airtronics temp sensor is easy to use and plenty long for electric applications but poorly suited for nitro. One thing I did was build an extension cord so that I can unplug the sensor when working on my vehicle without opening my Rx box.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlueStreakOne
NO. I tried it and resistance of the spektrum sensor is different and it gave ridiculous readings. I tried other too with the same result. the airtronics sensor is not its high point but it does work. All my cooling heads have drilled fins. I found the best mount was a single zip tie through one hole and around the middle of the sensor on the fourth fin above the exhaust port.
i will take another look tonight and see if i can make that work.. i think i tried that already and the wire was to short and rubbing on my drivshaft..
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

I Permatex Grey sealer to glue it between fins. Usually the lower fin on NR engines will provide a snug fit for the sensor, the I apply a dab of grey sealer over it to keep it in place. Sensor is intended to remain permanent on the head, just unplug from RX when removing the head. Each of my engines has it's own sensor.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

man!! it would be so nice if i coud just cut the plug off my spektrum sensor and solder on the airtronics plug..
Old 03-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it is relevant. Can I cut and splice, lets say, some servo wire to lengthen the lead so that I can reach my nitro engine for 1/8 GT? I know it is physically possible, but will the readings still be right(ish) with the added length?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin G
Sorry to hijack this thread, but it is relevant. Can I cut and splice, lets say, some servo wire to lengthen the lead so that I can reach my nitro engine for 1/8 GT? I know it is physically possible, but will the readings still be right(ish) with the added length?

Thanks in advance.
My readings didn't have any perceptible change when I lengthened the wires.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you sir. Will give it a shot.