Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EFRA 1/8 ON ROAD EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011 - LUXEMBOURG

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

What happens when the tire manufactures start adding sauce in the manufacturing process???? What will that due to the price of tires?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
No car needs sauce. But if sauce is a just a few thousandths quicker, people will use it. And if some are to be believed, sauce is .4 or more quicker. That is a HUGE advantage.
So,my car would run .4 faster laps than competition until the sauced portion of the tire wears out right?Then I'll have a car that has a incorrect setup for the tires or the new groove on the surface would offset that setup discrepancy?For what I understand it looks like a placebo and I say allow it but of course don't enforce it,everyone can run whatever makes them feel good.
Oh BTW congrats Collari!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by lil-bump
What happens when the tire manufactures start adding sauce in the manufacturing process???? What will that due to the price of tires?
That will not work, after a few days it is dryed out. I know that if you have a race on sunday you have to get the fresh tires on saturday for the best performance. The electronic sniffer can not tell if these are sauced because it will sniffer the fresh glue so maybe they are sauced.
It was mentioned on the EFRA AGM that there is a possibillity that the sponsored drivers even do not know, they could be sauced right from the factory and I can imagine that. On the other hand this is getting out of hand with even people caught on camera so I think the drivers do know.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

This is going to get nasty
Old 08-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lil-bump
This is going to get nasty
It already is, and it's driving people away from the sport
Old 08-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Rookie

There is actually a simple solution for this complex problem.

IMO just spray the track sooo much that the sauced tires will traction roll and the only way you could drive on the track is with "un-sauced" tires.

I saw - even in the lower finals - cars traction roll right after they sprayed the track. Strange enough it was not everybody. I think it were only the "saucers" ;-)

With a sprayed track the advantage of sauced tires will be kept to a minimal or even disapear!

It's sad to see that this kind of "cheating" is happening. and alot of racers will not attend any more just because of this. And the ones that were note cheating are oblidged to do so anyways because the competition is just not fair!

IMO 8 of 10 drivers in the final were using tire sauce. For some of them I even saw with my own eyes strange things. Like tires in plastic bags and evading the manual tire control by Sander de Graaf from the EFRA in the staging area.

Its hard too believe the stories that were told by people attending the WC 2011 but now i've seen with my own eyes.

After the race I was talking to some Italians, in their competitiions its legal to use the sauce and even some drivers take an oven to the track to dry their sauced tires even quicker. It's unbelievable
Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Any photos of Collari's car current configuration?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Gonzalez
Any photos of Collari's car current configuration?
The only one I found

Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Coming from carpet racing, you can't ever have too much traction. No matter how much traction the track has been sprayed they will go faster with sauced tires when the car us tuned correctly. Maybe car designs will change and the way of tuning will change but to think someone wont figure it out is not reasonable. Remember this is just the beginning of saucing tires, people will figure this out.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nosepick
The only one I found

is it a real kyosho? It is 80% of a mrx4.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choisan
is it a real kyosho? It is 80% of a mrx4.
I´d say it´s a mrx4 with 20% kyosho

Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Crazy. I see Kyosho rear shocks and body mount, that's about it. Everything else is Mugen, and not even the latest Mugen
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looks to be same hybrid car he has been playing around with at the worlds.

Any pics of underside/chassis plate.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

I think he is going to come out with his own 8scale. That is most likely a prototype kinda thing with new parts coming later. Just a guess.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Boys I saw and touched Collari's car at the last race of the Italian Championship in Bologna (where he won) and it's a front and a radioplate totally from a Mugen MRX4 and a rear of an M3... ah ..also the stickers on the body are by kyosho

Chassis plate is self-made specifically for that car.

yeah... we can say that he made the car as he wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.