Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hope you find this helpful...

Attached is shows the largest possible 64P pinion that will fit on the T4. In some cases you will need to use a Ball End to get to the motor screws.

Your other option is to put the gear on after installation of the motor, which is my personal preferred method.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-t4-gearing.jpg  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys, so i started the build on my new t4, and am loving it so far, just had a very small issue with the parts in the the bag, I'm missing 1 of the hats that go into the c-hub (the smaller hat) and also i am missing 1 shim that goes behind the satellite gears in the gear diff (#964031), was wondering if anybody else had any issues with small missing parts, I'm lucky that i have a bunch of extra parts from my t3 12 or else i would be fiddling with my thumbs waiting for these little parts.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
Hey guys, so i started the build on my new t4, and am loving it so far, just had a very small issue with the parts in the the bag, I'm missing 1 of the hats that go into the c-hub (the smaller hat) and also i am missing 1 shim that goes behind the satellite gears in the gear diff (#964031), was wondering if anybody else had any issues with small missing parts, I'm lucky that i have a bunch of extra parts from my t3 12 or else i would be fiddling with my thumbs waiting for these little parts.
I thought I lost one of the hats as well, but it was stuck on one of the parts tree.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
I thought I lost one of the hats as well, but it was stuck on one of the parts tree.
ya, no such luck for me
Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,

Do you know please when optional anti-roll bars will be available please?
( and 2,3 and 2,9 springs please?)

Thanks,

Nico'
Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I too thought I was missing the washer that goes behind the satellite gear but found it stuck to another washer. My kit was luckily 100% compete.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Missing one M3x8 flathead screw. No biggie....all I have left now are to do the shocks.

This is the first time I've built an Xray brand new. Its coming together really solid. Will definitely be much harder for me to goto a lesser quality car.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Only issue I had was one of the rear arm hinge pins slightly bent making the arm a little stiff. Will have to look at replacing at some stage.

I find the pinion grub screw hard to get to; the hole doesn't line up with the screw and the top deck gets in the way.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sjh28
Only issue I had was one of the rear arm hinge pins slightly bent making the arm a little stiff. Will have to look at replacing at some stage.

I find the pinion grub screw hard to get to; the hole doesn't line up with the screw and the top deck gets in the way.
Are you absolutely sure the pins were bent, one of the arms I had was a bit stiff on the pin so I reamed it out, too a while but worked fine.
If you're unsure about a pin, roll it across a dead flat surface, if it 'bobbles' it's bent.
Slashripper likes this.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
EA where is ur set up compaired to Andrews? Sunday I will still be roling my T3 but hopefully by next race day I can be converted into my T4
Justin

I am not sure. I haven't looked at his or written mine down yet. I am out of town this weekend and will be back next. Dirla wasn't there last week to give your motor too. I can ship it when I get home or bring it next week.

EA
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Some more racing tonight at Newbury in the UK.

In practice tried 2.7 rear springs so I had the same at both ends. This did increase initial steering and made the car more aggressive, but it resulted in the rear breaking loose if you weren't smooth (virtually how my T3'12 was)

Went back to progressive springs.

Next up, more bump steer. I got a former national winning driver to try my car and he said it had lot of initial but lacked mid.
So I added 1mm of bump steer which helped mid corner, added another 1mm for the final so I ended up running 3mm bump steer.

Also tried a gear diff with 2000cSt instead of 1000cSt.

Although the 2000cSt diff didn't appear much faster, 0.02 etc, it did make the car feel more consistent so I was able to stay closer to my fastest laps more often.

So by the end of the evening had kit carpet setup except; 3mm bump steer, 2000cSt in diff and the rear shocks were in the top hole. LTC-R body.

Car felt very good, got my fastest lap to within 0.25s of our 5 times BRCA national champion Chris Grainger's fastest (which is superb by my standards )

Hopefully they'll put the video's up tomorrow so I'll link to it so you can see the results of the changes
Old 11-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Some more racing tonight at Newbury in the UK.

In practice tried 2.7 rear springs so I had the same at both ends. This did increase initial steering and made the car more aggressive, but it resulted in the rear breaking loose if you weren't smooth (virtually how my T3'12 was)

Went back to progressive springs.

Next up, more bump steer. I got a former national winning driver to try my car and he said it had lot of initial but lacked mid.
So I added 1mm of bump steer which helped mid corner, added another 1mm for the final so I ended up running 3mm bump steer.

Also tried a gear diff with 2000cSt instead of 1000cSt.

Although the 2000cSt diff didn't appear much faster, 0.02 etc, it did make the car feel more consistent so I was able to stay closer to my fastest laps more often.

So by the end of the evening had kit carpet setup except; 3mm bump steer, 2000cSt in diff and the rear shocks were in the top hole. LTC-R body.

Car felt very good, got my fastest lap to within 0.25s of our 5 times BRCA national champion Chris Grainger's fastest (which is superb by my standards )

Hopefully they'll put the video's up tomorrow so I'll link to it so you can see the results of the changes
Hi Skiddins,
Did you use the kit 350 shock oil and roll centre positions ??
Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Are you absolutely sure the pins were bent, one of the arms I had was a bit stiff on the pin so I reamed it out, too a while but worked fine.
If you're unsure about a pin, roll it across a dead flat surface, if it 'bobbles' it's bent.
That's exactly what I did to confirm it is bent. The arm moves free until the blocks are tightened, I tried reaming the arm but the reamer is like a d*ck in a bucket.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt
The new t4 is narrower
This is incorrect BTW.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by sjh28
That's exactly what I did to confirm it is bent. The arm moves free until the blocks are tightened, I tried reaming the arm but the reamer is like a d*ck in a bucket.
Loosen the screws for the hinge pin holders, push the arm towards the hinge pin holder and tighten it. Then press the arm towards the other hinge pin holder and tighten it.This prevents the hinge pin holders from tweaking when you tighten them, making them square to the arm. Result: arms move freely.
Slashripper likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.