Old 11-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Help!! My JR servos wont fit in the Barracuda

My JR servos dont seem to fit in the R2
what servos fit???
Thanks
Old 11-08-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

When you say don't fit what do you mean. Normally KO servo's are slightly longer than other makes (1-2mm) and they fit in my 'Cuda OK.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Well, when i attach the mounting blocks on the servo and place the servo on the chassis where it would mount, the nose or snout of the servo butts up right next to the left side steering assembly, which would appear to not let the servo have full travel to the right. travel to the left looks fine..
I notice at least to the eye that some servos have a shorter nose or snout, i dont know what else to call it, than my JR servos.
I have a JR4735 and a JR 4750, great servos , i hate like hell that i might not be able to use either one
Thanks JohnA
Old 11-08-2003, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Just had a look at my 'Cuda. You have got the ball end on the servo pointing away from the steering assembly haven't you? I know it's a silly question but I've done silly things myself!

Another idea is you have the servo upside down, looking from the top , front of car facing you, the servo horn should be about 10mm to the right of the steering post, if it's in-line the servo is upside down.

Flip it over and reverse the steering on your transmitter.

If the JR servo is really that much longer, which I'm sure it isn't, you could mount it from the other side of the servo mounts.

Last edited by JohnA; 11-08-2003 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Yes on the ball facing rearward
Looking from the top, front of car facing me and the servo horn if offset to the right ....Im not sure if its 10mm , but it is offset to the right. and clearly not in line with the steering post.
I dont understand what you mean by mounting from the other side of the servo horns
Thanks
Old 11-08-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

don't suppose you could take a photo of the problem so we can get a clearer idea of how close everything is. Also have you actualy tried the servo in position with the radio on so you can see how far it needs to go to the right, it may just give you enough steering with a very close clearance. Maybe you could get away with taking off 1mm or so from the servo mounting blocks so the servo sits a little further back.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default Herminator

I have been stressing out big time about having to buy a new servo.

Even went ti Horizon Hobbies to look at JR to see if they have a lower profile version of servo than i am using, 4750 high speed servo is what im trying to use and if you could see one it has a longer nose, where the horn mounts.

Steve at Speedtech suggested taking a bit off of the back of the steering arm

Funny you mention, i was thinking what if i shortened the mounts a bit to move the servo back....

My wife has the digital camera with her!!
Old 11-08-2003, 10:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hasn't this been addressed by a few people in the Barracuda forum?
Old 11-08-2003, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Yes I did ask in the R2/R3 thread, but the two guys from whom I would have really liked to get a response from , Dave and or Randman, didnt offer any input.
Im in the middle of putting a car together, but why hurry to finish knowing i dont have a steering servo to race with.
Until Steve answered back, i didnt know KO, or Futaba would fit.
I still dont know which model of servo he's used that fit.